Sever weather tomorrow.

K191145

Every one make sure you and yours have the emergency plans current and every one knows what to do.

JUST IN CASE!

Yep ! Remember what happended here in Clarksville in January of 1999 ? All of downtown was torn up by a tornado in the middle of winter. Badly . It was around 4 am but if it had been later when everyone was at work there would be a lot killed. I got called into work when it hit to help look for poeple . When I arrived downtown the streets were at least 4 feet deep with bricks from buildings. Buldozers and backhoes were used to clear all that out of the way. Lots of patrols cars and fire trucks had flat tires from the nails and metal stuck in their tires.

Edited by tercel89

I'm no weather-expert, but from the track I see it taking, unless we heat up more, it looks like Nashville could miss out on the worst of it - blowing north and west of us.

Clarksville, Cheatham County, etc. may fare worse.  ??

Edited by Peace

I'm no weather-expert, but from the track I see it taking, unless we heat up more, it looks like Nashville could miss out on the worst of it - blowing north and west of us.

Clarksville, Cheatham County, etc. may fare worse.  ??

I think you are right. Some wind, nothing bad so far, here off Briley Pkwy and Gallatin Road. And only a lite mist so far. Seems most of our rain came overnight,

Generators. One of those things I've said we've needed for years.  And years. The house already has a hookup for it.

So where is it, dumbass?  

Watch Craigslist. Fantastic deals to be had on there if you're patient. I scored a Honda EU6500is inverter genny that had a whole 4.5 hours on it for just $1400. I had to drive from Nashville to Knoxville to get it, but it was worth it. I've seen used EU2000is models go for as low as $650 (saw one once for about $500 but it looked like it had gone through a war) with $700 being a solid good deal on a like-new model with low hours. The non-inverter gen sets go for much less per Kw, but I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with how quiet mine is and wouldn't anything else but the inverter models. I've thought about picking up one or two of the EU2000is models for more portability.

I use http://www.SearchTempest.com to search CraigsList. It makes things much easier. It's still CL though and sometimes the deal falls through. I drove up to Scottsboro, KY one night in the snow to get an EU2000is for $600 or $650 and the guy never showed and never answered his phone again. Jackass.

Note: unless your fridge is ancient, it probably pulls less power than you think. Check the label inside the door. I can power most of what I really need with a 2Kw genny. I'm pretty sure that if I wired up some transfer switches then I could power my HVAC blower motors with my 6.5Kw unit. Gas furnace + genny-powered blower = heat in the winter.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
Everyone stay safe... a full tank of gas in the car and a decent 1200 watt inverter will power just about anything you need. You just can't power it all at once.

Don't get me wrong, I have a generator for a lot of reasons but a decent inverter will run your fridge or freezer for enough time each hour to keep things nice and cold for days.

I don't think I've heard of anything serious in W TN, but I have heard of serious damage and fatalities in AR and N MS (including Holly Springs).

Wayne County is getting it bad I hear, already a post office destroyed. Wayne and Larwence County seems to get it bad more often than most places in Tennessee.

Wayne County is getting it bad I hear, already a post office destroyed. Wayne and Larwence County seems to get it bad more often than most places in Tennessee.

Yeah, my cousin is a firefighter out there and they're sending crews all over to help out. He said there was a lot of bad damage. I think they even sent help to Summertown which had a tornado on the ground. Edited by rugerla1