All these AR's?

Smith

20 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

why is everyone worried about having extra stuff?  keep it, it's not going to expire on the shelf or anything.

Probably because they bought stuff they didn't need/want right now with money they don't have and can't realistically justify it to either themselves or their spouse now.

No offense to members posting on here, it's obviously a joke, but I have heard a few people before the election say to max out as many credit cards as you can and buy ARs.

Edited by nightrunner
  • Like 3

I mostly bought things I planned to buy anyway, just sooner. Only extra stuff I bought was a few magazines in case they were outlawed, so I would have spares and a bit of extra ammo, ok maybe 2 bits of extra ammo. The last shipment of ammo that is ordered is coming Friday. :D

Well, I figuered if Hillary won I could make a small fortune and if Trump won, everyone in my family would be well armed. :)
Everyone is now well armed. I do need more AK's. Maybe Trump can get that door opened back up. A $700 WASR is just crazy. I miss converting Saiga's for dirt cheap.

• Like 3

I had some discretionary "gun money" squirreled away anyway, so I didn't break into the family budget. I did want to get JUST a lower receiver, figuring that would be the hardest part to get if the election went toward Hillary. Once I had that, I got nervous and started thinking, I better get that matching Upper and BCG, because those might get scarce too, but that's all I need. Then I noticed a sale on lower parts kits on PSA, and thought that was exactly what I needed for the rifle I had in mind, but I'll stop there for sure. Then my local gun shop had a sale on P-Mags for $10 OTD, and that was just too good to pass up.  Now I'm sitting on a rifle that is about 75% complete, and I'm having too much fun to stop.

Glad I just wanted to buy only a lower.

2 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

I had some discretionary "gun money" squirreled away anyway, so I didn't break into the family budget. I did want to get JUST a lower receiver, figuring that would be the hardest part to get if the election went toward Hillary. Once I had that, I got nervous and started thinking, I better get that matching Upper and BCG, because those might get scarce too, but that's all I need. Then I noticed a sale on lower parts kits on PSA, and thought that was exactly what I needed for the rifle I had in mind, but I'll stop there for sure. Then my local gun shop had a sale on P-Mags for $10 OTD, and that was just too good to pass up.  Now I'm sitting on a rifle that is about 75% complete, and I'm having too much fun to stop.

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. That's how I ended up building a rifle on election day, lol.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

That's how almost every build starts, I think.

8 hours ago, tacops said:

I went into one of my local Gun Shops today and circled through the store twice.  I didn't find anything I needed or didn't already have.  I left without buying anything.  What a bummer. :(

I did that on wednesday, except I bought a box of ammo on general principle :)