Rounds per year

70Stingray

15 hours ago, 70Stingray said:

... because life happened....

those 3 words about sum up the highs and lows. 

Thru a good of 2017 after semi- retirement to sell a house and prep a move out here,  I was at 4,000 rounds per month.

After moving here in 2018, with my wife gone to take care of the furry kid, about 2,000 found per month. She went back to work,  and by 2019 it was maybe 2,000 rounds per year,  mostly in GA when dealt with estate issues.

Later in 2019, like a tool,  I sold off about 20,000 - 25,000 rounds of what I thought to be excess ammo in case we had to move with buying a house here. If I had only waited a year.....

In 2020. I've only been shooting 3 times. The last 2 of those this month. One to sight in a new AK, only 60 rounds. Then last week to teach my 58 year old brother how to shoot (first time!). Only 26 rounds for me they day. Around 500 total rounds this year.

Life definitely happens

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 9/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, Erich said:

I sold off about 20,000 - 25,000 rounds

Hey Erich, don't beat yourself up. Hindsight is 20/20. It sure is easy to see what we could've and should've done when we look to the past. But if it will make you feel any better, bend over and will all put a boot in your rear end. 🤑

Edited by Dirtshooter
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

if it will make you feel any better, bend over and will all put a boot in your rear end. 🤑

Thanks for lookin out! I feel like I've already got a couple up there, but I know who to go to after my next bonehead maneuver 👍

• Like 1

I thought you were just supposed to hoard the ammo, not shoot it?

Really, I get to shoot WAY less than I would like, even before COVID. Just too many obligations that have finite time frames. Used to be better when I worked somewhere I could run and shoot at lunch on the back of the property. Too bad that job sucked so much I left. 

• Like 1