Israel Attacked (This will be interesting...)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Look at a map of 1947 to see how much land the Jews populated and how much land they possess today, then make an informed decision on who should be forced to leave. Israel has stolen Palestinian land with the blessings and financing of the United States.

Is that the only map we're allowed to use, or can we go even further back... centuries back... to see who had claim to the land before?

Over the course of its history, Palestine has been owned by Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel, Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire, several Muslim Caliphates, the Ottoman Empire, and then finally the United Kingdom before it was divided in 1948 between Israel and the Gaza Strip.

Ownership of the dirt beneath Israel has been hotly contested practically since the beginning of human civilization.  It has always been a crossroads for commerce, culture, and religion, and a slew of kingdoms and governments have had laid claim to it over the centuries.

You'll note that Ancient Israel is in that list and their claim to the land began somewhere around 1200 years before the birth of Christ.  So, if we're just comparing receipts, they've got a pretty old claim to that dirt and it's not just circa 1948.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I seem to remember that Israel was willing to accept a 2 state solution as long as it included recognition of Israel as a State with a right to exist.  Also seems like this was the main sticking point with the rest of them.  Is my memory faulty?  Whoever above mentioned the mullahs in Iran hit the nail on the head for sure.  There's no doubt in my mind that Iran orchestrated this to destabilize the middle east.  They knew that when it comes right down to it, regardless of which branch of Islam a country is, they'll all be afraid of siding with Israel against another Muslim  country.  That's why Saddam target Israel during the first Gulf war, when Israel wasn't even a player.  He knew that if Israel joined in, the rest of the Islamic countries would bail and the coalition would fall apart.   

Edited by Defender
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

If a mother breaks into your house and you shoot

Is that supposed to be could, or should?

I corrected it almost immediately to should.

And yes, if a mother or father breaks into my home they should be expected to be met with force. That includes teenagers in hoodies, a man dressed like a woman, a thug with a air pistol, a looter with a Molotov cocktail, a native American with a bow and arrow, or a Palestinian yelling. "Allah Akbar."

Edited by crc4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Using this logic, people on the southern border should stop complaining about the migrants seeking to become their neighbors?

Look at a map of 1947 to see how much land the Jews populated and how much land they possess today, then make an informed decision on who should be forced to leave. Israel has stolen Palestinian land with the blessings and financing of the United States.

We took this, they took that, those before us (in many cases) took what we took from them, from someone else beforehand. Why all the focused hatred and outrage towards the last guys? And why is it always from the descendants of the losers that got their conquered stuff took from them back in the day?  Asking for a Crusading WASP acquaintance…

2 hours ago, Links2k said:

When it comes to Israel, I’ve always had an issue with the formation and expansion of a nation on someone else’s land. Pretty much how I feel about the formation of our country, and the treatment of natives. 

I see no issue in taking land from a neighbor who attacks you and keeping it to prevent more attacks.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I see no issue in taking land from a neighbor who attacks you and keeping it to prevent more attacks.  

People wish to pretend that all the Native Americans lived in peace and harmony, that the Palestinians had an advanced society, that Africa was the cradle of civilization, etc. And that's all wrong.

Native Americans murdered and tried to genocide each other, Palestinians were the poorest and least educated of all the Arab peoples, and Africans practiced slavery, cannibalism, and lived as prehistoric grotesqueries long before and up until the white man arrived and in many areas those same practices are ongoing today. Africa is still the most backwards area on earth, ruled by African exploiters, and wherever the colonists were run out, it has returned to a cesspool of ignorance.

So, Happy Columbus Day. 

Edited by crc4
  • Like 5

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65110881

I had no idea that Israeli citizens had a 6 month wait period for a handgun permit. 

I remember the old days when you would see pictures of old men with uzi’s it was common. 

This article if the link works for you references increasing violence back in March of this year.  Surely Mossad had some inkling this was coming. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Like any other unrest in the world, this has the US hog’s fingerprints all over it.

My only point in what I posted earlier is that the entire world would be a better place if the US stayed home and attended to its own problems. Our government is not the world’s police. The world does not want them to be the world’s police. I can’t recall anything the US gov hasn’t made worse by attempting to be the world’s police.

They should be OUR police. A job they’ve failed miserably at lately.

I would favor the isolationist mentality if it didn't mean psychos like Putin and Hitler would operate nearly un-opposed. It'd save us a lot of grief and money, but our enemies would get stronger while we got weaker militarily.

4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Even Israeli human rights organizations have labeled it an apartheid state along with Amnesty Intl., the UN and basically every other human rights org on the planet. You are 100% correct that their security situation as a nation drives their policy. The name for that policy is apartheid. 

https://www.wordnik.com/words/apartheid

• noun An official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against nonwhites.
  • noun A policy or practice of separating or segregating groups.
  • noun The condition of being separated from others; segregation.

Calling it apartheid is intellectually lazy. Israel is not fighting Hamas because they are different races. Heck, they aren't even fighting them because they are different religions. They MUST fight Hamas because Hamas gets these wild hairs up their butts and commits acts of terrorism then they get their butts handed to them and the people they attack push them back further and EARN spoils of war.

• Like 2

As far as land taken from who was there first.

"To the victor go the spoils"

phrase

1. The winner of a conflict wins additional benefits, beyond just the subject of the conflict.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, RED333 said:

As far as land taken from who was there first.

"To the victor go the spoils"

phrase

1. The winner of a conflict wins additional benefits, beyond just the subject of the conflict.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

In the case of Israel and Hamas, it's like that FA and FO thing, right? I think shrinking Palestine is a good thing, it's like punitive damages works in a court case.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

My only point in what I posted earlier is that the entire world would be a better place if the US stayed home and attended to its own problems. Our government is not the world’s police. The world does not want them to be the world’s police. I can’t recall anything the US gov hasn’t made worse by attempting to be the world’s police.

I generally would like to agree with this but if the US does not assert itself, then others will.  Think China and Russia.  The game for global domination is going on at as fervent a pace as is was when we were born.  If we do don’t influence, they will…and they are better at it in many ways.

Israel also has nukes.  Arabs are gonna keep up the FA and FO until the Hebrews will no longer be restrained as I’m sure they probably have been in the past, by the US.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
35 minutes ago, BigK said:

Calling it apartheid is intellectually lazy. Israel is not fighting Hamas because they are different races. Heck, they aren't even fighting them because they are different religions. They MUST fight Hamas because Hamas gets these wild hairs up their butts and commits acts of terrorism then they get their butts handed to them and the people they attack push them back further and EARN spoils of war.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/former-mossad-chief-israel-enforcing-apartheid-system-west-102957888

50 minutes ago, TennesseeCamper said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65110881

I had no idea that Israeli citizens had a 6 month wait period for a handgun permit. 

I remember the old days when you would see pictures of old men with uzi’s it was common. 

This article if the link works for you references increasing violence back in March of this year.  Surely Mossad had some inkling this was coming. 

The gun availability and ease of carry permits will now be a part of the new Israel. Israel must remember to take care of its own regardless of what others say.

Who had you rather have as an ally? A Jewish family man who is a middle-class worker or a Hamas Muslim fanatic ready to slit your throat over Mohammed? 

Sometimes choices are that simple. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

WOW! This thread has gone around the world and back. I can't keep up anymore. 😵‍💫

Literally. Geography, History, world politics, and even a couple of personal attacks. Luckily nothing heated LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Is that the only map we're allowed to use, or can we go even further back... centuries back... to see who had claim to the land before?

Over the course of its history, Palestine has been owned by Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel, Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire, several Muslim Caliphates, the Ottoman Empire, and then finally the United Kingdom before it was divided in 1948 between Israel and the Gaza Strip.

Ownership of the dirt beneath Israel has been hotly contested practically since the beginning of human civilization.  It has always been a crossroads for commerce, culture, and religion, and a slew of kingdoms and governments have had laid claim to it over the centuries.

You'll note that Ancient Israel is in that list and their claim to the land began somewhere around 1200 years before the birth of Christ.  So, if we're just comparing receipts, they've got a pretty old claim to that dirt and it's not just circa 1948.

I have always been amazed at the amount of blood shed throughout history over that little spot of sand.

• Like 3