Tngunowners.com is a fine bunch of people

I am a big Glock fan. So I have been on a Glock forum for quite a few years (I am not going to name it out of repsect for the FEW nice members on that forum) . But I have got to tell you , that place is full of immature people acting like a bunch of kids. I go there to get ideas on my Glocks and seek out information that I can use for my Glocks and to help other Glock owners from my experiences. I am as nice as I can be but WOW , the people there are unbelieveable . I can get on here and ask a question and all responses are always respectable and curtious.

When I come here it is so relaxing and the members here have been so nice. I have bought guns from members here and sold to members here and I have never met a bad person at all.

I dont know if it is because most of us are from the south or that all our members are just mature nice people. But I just wanted to share with you guys how nice of a forum this place is and glad that it hasnt turned out like other forums.

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 13

I don't know if I would paint with such a broad brush. Not everyone is is so great. I mean, have you ever interacted with me? I'm a real jerk. :lol:

You would get your ass kicked on Arfcom :). TGO is great. David and the staff do a good job of weeding out the trash... fast.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
This is my favorite forum. I know barfcom has a bad rep, but AKfiles is just as bad, if not worse. You can't post or start a new thread without being called all kinds of terrible things. In honesty many of the members there make me question humanity!

This is a terrific forum, and I have enjoyed every single person I have met on here.
The staff is NOT what makes and keeps this place great. It is the members that make this board what it is. The members here are pretty good at weeding out the trash or letting the staff know about it.

Yes the staff does a lot behind the scenes to keep this place going but the feel of the board comes from its members both in how they act as well as how they hold other members to act in the same way.

I was a member of ARFCOM since very early on. And in the beginning it was a great board to share information. Now it is full of immature, mall ninjas who are wannabe operators. They thrive on drama and are quicker to flame that to help. I quit paying my membership a few years ago after close to s decade and rarely visit.
  • Like 1

I don't know if I would paint with such a broad brush. Not everyone is is so great. I mean, have you ever interacted with me? I'm a real jerk. :lol:

Hey Jack, he's right...just don't talk about Zimmerman! Nah, just kidding.....he's a good guy!

DaveS

TGO is pretty fantastic, I found out about it by accident when I was visiting from Ca shortly before I moved here. Found it looking up local ranges and got drawn into the conversation quickly which is rare for me anymore, haven't joined and participated in a forum in the better part of a decade before TGO.

It think that the results are from a combination of many factors, mostly the fact that David treats this forum like his living room. Come on in, rest your crack, make yourself at home. Don't be fooled though by our warm host, while his rules are pretty lax and easy to follow if you step out of line you will be asked to leave(aka ban hammer).

The moderating staff is IMO second to none that I'm aware of. Quick to help, decisive in action and other than that they pretty much leave people to do what they will, even joining in on the shenanigans.

Lastly, the people. The people who make up this forum are by and large a special group of folks. It's not often that one can disagree bitterly with someone on subjects like religion or politics and leave the disagreement to the thread it belongs in. In all to many places you would encounter folks carrying a grudge against others based on personal feeling that may have little to nothing to do with any given topic of discussion.

I have had the pleasure and privilidge of meeting several of you all face to face and can say it has always been a great experience. One in particular I will likely always carry with me was meeting brother FIST. Allow me to set the tone.

It was the beginning of the 2013 EBR panic. Anything AR related was selling and quickly at redonkulous pricing.

I had just finished my 1st AR build and casually mentioned in a thread that I was bummed not to have stocked up on mags before everything got crazy. About two hours after that post I had three messages in my inbox from members who had a surplus of mags wanting me to know if I needed them at a fair(read pre-panic) price then they were mine.
I took FIST up on the offer, we set a day and off I went, mom in tow to meet up.
We met up at a little gunshop/range and the deal went down without a hitch, FIST even gave me some rounds so I'd be able to at least fill a mag or two up. Well we were standing there chatting and all of a sudden FIST gets this look on his face like "WTF?" So I turn around to see what's up. My mom and FIST's daughter got bored with our gun talk and had instead got comfortable with his daughter sitting in his truck and mom leaning half way in reading her one of her story books.
FIST had a rather quizzical look on his face until I explained that mom is a K-1st teacher and was quite simply in her element, doing what she loves. We had a but of a laugh, talked for close to an hour after that (we had already been talking about that long) and went on our ways.

It may seem like nothing special but I'll never forget three things.

1. FIST's generosity for helping essentially a complete stranger and volunteering to do so at that.
2. Seeing mom in her natural element so completely. She is truly a nurturer and loves children. I've seen her in classes before, hell she ran a daycare out of the house when I was growing up, seeing her work with kids is/was nothing new but this was just so raw and spontaneous. Awesome.
3. Once we knew what was yapping in the truck FIST visibly relaxed and carried on the conversation as usual. To me that meant a lot as I see that as a sign of faith and goodwill. He didn't hardly bat an eye at a 60 year old lady holding an impromptu reading lesson in his truck. Just looked curious as to what was happening is all.

Anyway, thank you to everyone in the TGO family, you all are great, even when think you are wrong. You all are basically my surrogate social life in TN, I've made a few friends at work and out and about but have never felt alone since I moved here and that is largely thanks to you.
  • Like 2
Ive been a member on tons of forums about all different topics. This is by far the friendliest and one of the most knowledgeable. Ive met several members from here and don't have a bad thing to say about a single one of them.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

TGO and Tacomaworld.com are the best two forums I have ever joined. I don't have the Tacoma anymore but there is a funny pictures thread on TW that is amazing and keeps me coming back. There is ALWAYS a good discussion going on here

Why did you get rid of the Tacoma ???? What in the world ?????????? !!!!!!

With one exception, me, myself, and I that is. TGO has been full of wonderful people, and given me a great time and quite an education in many areas.

I got involved with it just to have something to do while I was doing chemotherapy. It soon became more than just a way to pass time while hooked to an IV drip.  It became a place I looked forward to going to for a multitude of reasons. And it gave me a lifeline to the outside world. A contact with solidity and normalcy,

I've met a lot of guys here, many ftf. I've conversed by common thread and pm with many others.

I can say without fear of lying to you or myself; in the almost five years and hundreds of people, I've had exactly 2 experiences that were not first rate.

And that's a heck of a better rate than I ever had while working for a living.

Edited by hipower
  • Moderators
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or offended that so many liked my post wherein I referred to myself as a jerk. Of course, it would involve me giving a damn to feel either one. :lol: