Season 4

Oh Shoot

Great episode. Rick runs out of ammo in his "mine is bigger than yours" Colt Python... and the Governor proceeds to beat the cr*p out of him. 

Memo to Rick: Get a speed loader... or a decent post-Apocalypse handgun.... anything that shoots more than six times. Or hey, carry something in an ankle holster. 

My vote is kill off Rick, bring back Carol, Merle, and Hershel.

• Like 1

There is a LOT of FA weapons in this country. A LOT more than most people would ever guess.
Personally I find full auto absolutely worthless. Even the above average person does NOT have the training to handle one effectively.

^this^ I've never had any training but have shot quite a bit of full auto. If 2 out of 20 hit near the target, I figure I am doing good. I guess if I was facing a mass of people standing close together about 20 yards away......

The botched decapitation was straight out of the comic book, only with a different character.  I think a small part was to show that Michonne is actually skilled in its use (she has a lot more practice, and usually is taking on rotting corpses), and the Governor was so macho that he thinks he can do anything a skinny girl can do.

I wonder if the young girls stashed Judith in the prison for safety, and if the two sisters from the Governor's camp will eventually find and adopt them or her.  The lesbian sister did not see her girlfriend get killed, as far as we know (she was hiding behind the tank, and then just disappeared).  So presumably, her and her sister may stick around the prison, as long as they can dodge walkers.

Did it not bother anyone else that the tank had a one man crew, yet seemed to move aim and fire all in unison. On that note I don't think one greade down the pipe of that tank would have made such a fire rolling out of the hatch. All of this aside, the deal breaker for me was Darrel of all people taking carl out of that impossible 50 yrd shot on the gov with a rifle. Really??? I mean REALLY!!! I'm even giving them a pass on the fact that nevermind rick took out two guys in the bar from a quick draw with one of them holding a shot gun on him from behind, but, he misses the gov at 30 feet with six tries......REALLY??? It seems that AMC can afford special effects guys or tech advisors but not both.

Edited by gunwhatgun

A disproportionate amount seems to have found their way into that one area of GA.

- OS

I laughed at that OS.

Honestly, I enjoyed this episode.  I was a little iffy after the last one, but I liked the action and the fact that confusion ruled the day as it would when chaos rules.

The blade through the spine of the Governor should have killed him on the spot, if he comes back at any point in the show other than a Zed, I will turn it off and not watch another episode.

Hated to see Hershel go, but good guys die too.  

I thought it was interesting how everyone forgot about Rick behind the bus INCLUDING the governor.  Come on!! 

I try not to be to critical about the firearm usage and how everyone is capable of shooting one shot head shots including little girls.

I think Drunk Medic black guy is the one doing the rat things,by the way.

"I think Drunk Medic black guy is the one doing the rat things,by the way."

At beginning of the episode, I think Bob was going to vacate due to his drinking problem. 

IMHO about the rat placement I have two theories.

Carol, first episode, she is the one reporting increase of walkers.  Maybe she had a thrill about clearing walkers from the fences.

Lizzie, girl has a few screws loose, very much a loose cannon.

I laughed at that OS.

Honestly, I enjoyed this episode.  I was a little iffy after the last one, but I liked the action and the fact that confusion ruled the day as it would when chaos rules.

Yeah, well, whole new ball game now, no guv, no prison, and I was surely tired of both.

The blade through the spine of the Governor should have killed him on the spot ...

Well, it didn't go through his spine, just beside it.  But even so,  a severed spine alone isn't of course necessarily a fatal injury, just paralyzing, the degree of which depending largely on where it's severed.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yeah, well, whole new ball game now, no guv, no prison, and I was surely tired of both.

Well, it didn't go through his spine, just beside it. But even so, a severed spine alone isn't of course necessarily a fatal injury, just paralyzing, the degree of which depending largely on where it's severed.

- OS

So what you're saying is its possible for the gov' to come back in a wheel chair with Carol's help?!

So what you're saying is its possible for the gov' to come back in a wheel chair with Carol's help?!

Fie! Perish the thought!

Admit is was ominous however that they didn't show the actual final pistol shot, only the sound. I was thinking, "don't shoot him in the head, let him be a zombie", but hmmm, why  did they not show the coup de grace?  But again, if he comes back, dunno if wheel chair necessary, I didn't see that spine was necessarily involved at all.

Beginning to remind me of the snake oil salesman in Little Big Man, who keeps getting carved up,losing parts, but keeps on ticking.

You'd think the producers would have enough feedback by now to let the damn character go, though, but who the frig knows?

- OS

I re-watched the scene after reading some internet chatter.  We do know that she came out of the cellblock with the little (Lizzie) kids, I stopped and looked to see that Judith was secured into the baby carrier.  As we know, Rick and Carl found the carrier in a bloody mess, but no Judith.  The assumed she was gone by Walkers. 

Problem, Judith was secured, a Walker is unable to undo the straps.  The locking mechanism was undone. 

Before Darryl took out the M-60 tank with a grenade, the main gun fired towards Tyress who was running away.  I stopped the action, Tyress was running and his M-1 carbine was slung over his back.  When I carried the M-16 while in training or in theater, and needed my hands free, I slung my weapon across my back.  Thus, IMHO, Tyress retreated with Judith

• Like 1

I re-watched the scene after reading some internet chatter.  We do know that she came out of the cellblock with the little (Lizzie) kids, I stopped and looked to see that Judith was secured into the baby carrier.  As we know, Rick and Carl found the carrier in a bloody mess, but no Judith.  The assumed she was gone by Walkers. 

Problem, Judith was secured, a Walker is unable to undo the straps.  The locking mechanism was undone. 

Before Darryl took out the M-60 tank with a grenade, the main gun fired towards Tyress who was running away.  I stopped the action, Tyress was running and his M-1 carbine was slung over his back.  When I carried the M-16 while in training or in theater, and needed my hands free, I slung my weapon across my back.  Thus, IMHO, Tyress retreated with Judith

Aha!  Also,  Tyrese was the last one on camera with the kids ... they were the ones that saved his butt.

There is a LOT of FA weapons in this country. A LOT more than most people would ever guess.
Personally I find full auto absolutely worthless. Even the above average person does NOT have the training to handle one effectively.

Especially with all the "Oh noes, we're running out of ammo" every few weeks.