Something big is getting ready to kick off

Probably a KC-135, they do flights ALL THE TIME. At my in-laws house near Cedar Bluff you can see them on approach any day of the week. Not saying something is or isn't going on but training flights of KC-135 is one of the more common sights out of TYS

Yep. I used to work at the ANG base. 135s were always doing training flights. Wish I was still there to see what's happening. I always enjoyed watching the various military aircraft flying in and out. Never saw a Raptor, but did see one fly by my Dad's house a few months ago.

I'll take Iraq for a thousand, Alex! :panic: We've got to get all these scandals off the news somehow before the election.

I never thought, nor do I think today that there is anything in the middle east worth one drop of an American soldier's blood.

• Like 4

Probably a KC-135, they do flights ALL THE TIME. At my in-laws house near Cedar Bluff you can see them on approach any day of the week.

Not saying something is or isn't going on but training flights of KC-135 is one of the more common sights out of TYS

Nope, KC-10's are very easy to distinguish from KC-135's. They have 3 engines vs 4.

Two KC-10's isn't of itself anything to be concerned about, but it is out of the ordinary. Likely just training...
[quote name="Shauze" post="1163284" timestamp="1403910655"]Nope, KC-10's are very easy to distinguish from KC-135's. They have 3 engines vs 4. Two KC-10's isn't of itself anything to be concerned about, but it is out of the ordinary. Likely just training...[/quote] My point was there are many KC-135s stationed at McGee Tyson that fly daily. There are plenty of people who couldn't tell the difference Edited by Lumber_Jack

The news said tonight that they do have armed drones flying over Baghdad but only to protect the American Embassy. If they would bring all the Americans home from the Embassy they would have no reason to get involved but here is our Government  poking their big nose in another countries religious problems and Civil issues.................jmho  We all knew this was going to happen when our troops came home so why is it a surprise to D.C. that it is happening?.............. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3

As long as Iraq has oil we will be involved.

This is true.

So why on earth are we paying 3.35/gal for gasoline here? The freighters should be lined up nose to tail filled with oil and headed this way. I know what everyone says "we're not an imperialist country, we don't conquer other nations." Well, we should at least take back what we spent over there.

But nooooo... We just had to prove to the panty-waists that this wasn't a "war for oil". Pshh...

Not disagreeing with you, btw. Just ranting. I should go to sleep.

My point was there are many KC-135s stationed at McGee Tyson that fly daily. There are plenty of people who couldn't tell the difference

Yes, I work near the airport, our building is in the pattern.  They fly over almost constantly. 

It's not uncommon to see a P3 or an E3.  Here lately I've seen a couple Harriers, which I find exceptionally cool.  We've also seen T-38's and T-45's, and even the odd F-18 or EA-6B come and go.  Haven't seen a V-22 in a long time but they've been around and they do make a strange sound. 

It is really wierd to me that so many people are reporting  so much military activity around Tennessee. I'm only a few minutes away from one of the airfields here and it is normal for this area to have blackhawks, apaches, and chinooks to fly around, and an odd heli every now and then. Not much activity here at all lately........

The choppers circling near my house are shooting wild hogs, or so I've read.

I have heard of that program, but it is illegal for me to shoot hogs from the ground since they removed them from hunting session.  In short making them a protected species. 

I've read that having a season on hogs was prompting some entrepreneurs into capturing and transporting wild hogs to and from game ranches in the state, thus helping the hogs to expand their range.  I guess the TWRA is trying to stop the transport.  It seems to me that there were some equally-good other ways to address the problem, without protecting them.

I've read that having a season on hogs was prompting some entrepreneurs into capturing and transporting wild hogs to and from game ranches in the state, thus helping the hogs to expand their range.  I guess the TWRA is trying to stop the transport.  It seems to me that there were some equally-good other ways to address the problem, without protecting them.

They could make it illegal to transport live wild hogs. :shrug:

Every now and then I see Blackhawks and Chinooks, and occasionally a c130 fly N.W. over my house, a straight line to Ft. Cambell. The other day I saw a C130 with fuel lines extended fly over followed by a Chinook, obviously refueling training. First time i've seen that. Didn't think they would practice that over populated areas but I guess they do.

Edited by K191145

That's what I was thinking.  So much for the thread hi-jack -- back to our regularly-scheduled programming. :hat:

Edited by enfield
  • Like 1

That's what I was thinking.  So much for the thread hi-jack -- back to our regularly-scheduled programming. :hat:

Hijack continued --  it is illegal to transport/relocate any wild animal.

- OS

• Like 1

It was the TWRA's way of helping the business of two guys who fly and shoot while charging an obscene amount of money per flight hour.  Guess it really does help to know people.