TWD Season 5

I found it interesting that Deanna didn't like the idea of killing anyone, until she thought someone needed killing. Then who does she turn to? Rick of course. The man who does the jobs that need to be done, but nobody else wants to. I suspect that the "Lets exile Rick" movement is now over. Deanna had an epiphany and will come to realize that he was right all along. They'll beef up just in time to take on the Wolves.

The priest is definitely losing it. He goes out to sacrifice himself, but ends up actually taking out his first walker instead. As much as I dislike him now, he may end up sticking around and become a productive member of the society. Either that or he just goes off the deep end and executioner Rick has to take him out.

The scene with Carol and Pete was great, but it was made awesome when, as she was leaving she said she wanted her bowl back - and clean.

I was surprised that Glenn made it out alive. Shot in the shoulder, attacked by multiple Walkers, and still got out alive and was able to  take on Nick. They never did clear up where Nick was headed to. He walked through a killing field of dead Walkers. Not sure if that was pertinent, or just a coincidence.

I was surprised that Glenn made it out alive. Shot in the shoulder, attacked by multiple Walkers, and still got out alive and was able to  take on Nick. They never did clear up where Nick was headed to. He walked through a killing field of dead Walkers. Not sure if that was pertinent, or just a coincidence.

He was luring Glenn out. That was the whole purpose of his walk. He lured Glenn to the area where he and Aiden chained up the 'psych up' walker from several episodes ago.

The old woman and I just got caught up with the last 2 episodes. I'm impressed. I was pretty bored with the show but they managed to get my attention again.

I wonder why Morgan spent so much time trying to track down Rick? That will be interesting to find out.

My take on the Morgan thing is that Morgan has come back around.  He isn't crazy anymore.  And he knows Rick.  He knows that Rick had a community that was going well.  And he now wants to be a part of Rick's group.  He knows that he stands a better chance of survival with a group.  

Lennie James said on The Talking Dead that Morgan has lost his wife and his son. Rick Grimes is the only person he knows in the whole world. That's why he went looking for him. He has no place else to be and nobody else to go to.

He played it close the vest about what's in store for next season, but confirmed he's in at least one episode and hinted there may be a backstory episode showing how Morgan got from crazy town to where he is now.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Watched "Talking Dead" and re-watched "Conquer".  

I was wondering about the Glenn vs. Nicholas encounter and like someone pointed out, Nicholas was luring Glenn out for ambush.  They fought, Glenn came out on top, wonder how those two will go on.

Abraham and Eugene patch things up.  However, Eugene needs Abraham than Abe needs Eugene.  Now that Reg is gone, Eugene maybe the one to step up in Reg's role.

We all know the Wolves, will be the antigonist next season and we did meet two and Morgan's relunctance to deal for good the two at his campsite will come back to haunt latter.  I wonder who many Wolves are out there?  I assume there are more traps around too.  One thing I observed, the first Wolf had an unloaded handgun.  Are they that low in supplies?  

One thing is missing is someone with the moral compass.....will Morgan be that compass next season?  Morgan meets Rick again, last meeting was at "Clear".  Only for Morgan to show up has Rick terminates Pete.  On the moral issues, both will be and different ends of the spectrum.  

With Pete gone, that leaves no one with any educated medical experiences.  Carol has some basic know how; I assume she may step into that role.

Will Deana still be in charge and have Rick as the "enforcer"?  Or is Rick the Ricktator?

Working on this show has to be a dream come true for the FX guys. Making that walker head explode and gush out from the eyes and mouth all over Rick had to be extremely satisfying.

That scene makes you wonder though.  If bitten you turn, so wouldn't getting zombie brain in the mouth do the same thing?  The terminus guys were worried about eating contaminated meat, but it never locked down whether it would turn you or not.  I think the FX guys over do it a bit though, if I recall correctly there were some Zs that were practically skeletons walking around.  Just what animates them, surely they still need muscle to move around.

I just went back and watched, Daryl followed Aaron out the passenger side.

Regardless of which side, there were still too many of them to handle, especially when you consider that the one that Rick was fighting was apparently strong enough to almost get the best of him. I guess it's just one of the many inconsistencies that you find in television, though. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.

I guess Deanna was having quite a moment there, realizing that had she let Rick kill Pete earlier, Reg would still be alive. I don't imagine she'll be second guessing him from now on. But what a thing to have to live with.

Regardless of which side, there were still too many of them to handle, especially when you consider that the one that Rick was fighting was apparently strong enough to almost get the best of him. I guess it's just one of the many inconsistencies that you find in television, though. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.

I guess Deanna was having quite a moment there, realizing that had she let Rick kill Pete earlier, Reg would still be alive. I don't imagine she'll be second guessing him from now on. But what a thing to have to live with.

Now she's beginning to feel her perfect world crumble and she's experiencing a fraction of the loss Rick's team has had to experience.

Gabriel is indeed the little bitch of the group and needs to be taken care of. I just don't see another way.

Now she's beginning to feel her perfect world crumble and she's experiencing a fraction of the loss Rick's team has had to experience.

She lost her son and her husband in just a couple of days. I'd say that's more than just a fraction. From the family perspective, she has lost as much as they have, but in the big picture she hasn't had to simultaneously deal with starvation, walkers, living on the run with walkers all around, Woodbury, walkers, Terminus, more walkers, Atlanta hospital, more walkers, a 700 mile journey and more walkers, all the while trying to keep a group together who themselves are also losing loved ones,....and caring for a baby.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
They have addressed the blood thing in different ways. Everybody is infected and turns when you die. The blood is not "infectious" per say. Bites are venomous and you die from a high fever then turn. The blood is not the problem. The bite itself is what kills you. I am sure we will learn more inTWD LA.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have addressed the blood thing in different ways. Everybody is infected and turns when you die. The blood is not "infectious" per say. Bites are venomous and you die from a high fever then turn. The blood is not the problem. The bite itself is what kills you. I am sure we will learn more inTWD LA.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefully they have the sense to make sure the two story lines jive together with some of the stuff that carries between the two (reference your post, things like how you turn, etc.)

Edited by npgunner
  • Like 1

They have addressed the blood thing in different ways. Everybody is infected and turns when you die. The blood is not "infectious" per say. Bites are venomous and you die from a high fever then turn. The blood is not the problem. The bite itself is what kills you...

Which is all pretty absurd, as a bite would simply transmit whatever goo is in the mouth around it.

Unless they want to say that being a Zed means you develop some sort of specialized fangs with subcutaneous venom sacs or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Maybe it's zed goo to human blood contact which would be transmitted with a bite. However, if that were the case, Rick would have been in trouble withe all those cuts on his face.

Since zombies haven't brushed in a while, maybe it's the toxic gingivitis and plaque build up from a bite :rofl: Edited by Wingshooter

Maybe it's zed goo to human blood contact which would be transmitted with a bite. However, if that were the case, Rick would have been in trouble withe all those cuts on his face.

Everybody from time to time gets massive quantities of zed goo all over them from brains to blood and guts. Everybody is beat up with cuts and minor wounds, not to mention the permeable barriers of eyes and nasal and mouth mucosa, getting some down the gullet, whatever.

And nobody seems ever in a hurry to even clean up after getting sloshed.

Yet any bite that breaks the skin is 100% fatal. I guess they really do have fangs with separate zed juice.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Since zombies haven't brushed in a while, maybe it's the toxic gingivitis and plaque build up from a bite :rofl:

That is about like one of the theories I have said in the past (can't remember if it was here).  It is the Komodo dragon effect--their bite is toxic not because of venom, but because of the sheer amount of bacteria in their mouth.  Walkers could have similar toxic bacteria, which could explain why a bite eventually kills you.  It could also explain the variability in how long people are sick before dying.  Morgan even mentioned that one of the first signs of sickness was the incredibly high fever.  It is not that the bite transmits the Walker germ, but rather it is a source of other infection.  If we wanted to speculate further, it would be that the bacteria in saliva is unique and not found in other body tissues, hence why you can get a face full of blood, guts, etc.  A somewhat similar real world application is rabies--it is almost exclusively transmitted through saliva (the virus travels along nerves and then moves into the salivary gland).  However, you could also be exposed by brain tissue into a wound, so it is not a complete analogous disease.

I know this can't explain the whole deal; for example, was saliva ever dripping into Rick's face?  But in terms of suspension of disbelief, it goes a long ways.  One of the important things is that everyone is already infected; so the only thing that needs to be explained is why bites are worse than any other exposure to Walker body fluids.  This is in contrast to fiction such as 28 Days Later, in which any body fluid infects you.  The Walking Dead would be much harder to excuse if they weren't already infected.

There is a chance that the cannibals' reactions were due to them not knowing that everyone is infected, but you would have thought they would have that figured out, unless they happened to smash the head of anyone who died and never saw a natural-dead person re-animate.  Maybe they ate them too fast before the dead could rise.

Edited by dawgdoc
  • Like 3

Everybody from time to time gets massive quantities of zed goo all over them from brains to blood and guts. Everybody is beat up with cuts and minor wounds, not to mention the permeable barriers of eyes and nasal and mouth mucosa, getting some down the gullet, whatever.

And nobody seems ever in a hurry to even clean up after getting sloshed.

Yet any bite that breaks the skin is 100% fatal. I guess they really do have fangs with separate zed juice.

- OS

You know they have to be getting scratched pretty bad by the zeds' fingernails too while fighting them off. Doesn't make a lot of sense why a bite is the only thing so lethal. I guess the zombie breath is so bad, one bite will kill ya :)

..... I guess the zombie breath is so bad, one bite will kill ya :)

Except they don't breathe, so no breath. ;)

Oh, well, I mean it is a zombie saga. I just think a bit of pseudoscience thrown in for the "rules" would enhance the suspension of disbelief.

Fortunately, I get as much from the human parts (both among group members and their opponents) to enjoy the series without nitpicking the logic of the zeds. The writing and character development is really good enough that I think the series could have survived without the zeds at all -- just our heroes dealing with the good and bad humanoids left after some great cataclysmic die off that wasn't even zombie dependent to have happened.

- OS

• Like 3

Fortunately, I get as much from the human parts (both among group members and their opponents) to enjoy the series without nitpicking the logic of the zeds. The writing and character development is really good enough that I think the series could have survived without the zeds at all -- just our heroes dealing with the good and bad humanoids left after some great cataclysmic die off that wasn't even zombie dependent to have happened.

- OS

that's how I feel too. My wife would make fun of me for watching a "Zombie Show". I told her it's not a show about Zombies, its a show about people who have to live in a world full of Zombies. She was in the living room reading while I watched an episode or two, and she was drawn right in. Now she won't miss an episode, and even looks forward to the Talking Dead. She doesn't much care for the gore, but the drama of the people living in this world is what hooked her.

• Like 1