The United States will normalize diplomatic relations with Cuba, open embassy in Havana

Metalhead

Guest LRJETCAP

If you have never been, its absolutely beautiful.....untouched.  It brought me back to the 50's.  Lincolns, Cadillacs, ect.  People were surprisingly nice as well.  I have pictures somewhere.  If I can dig them up I will post.

Edited by LRJETCAP

About time.  That postage stamp of a nation has never been a real threat to us since the USSR collapsed, and not having diplomatic relations with a country that close to us was petty at best. 

Sen. Rubio has to be against it to keep support in his home state, that I understand.  But Sen. Cruz is simply against it because the President is the lead proponent for it.  The only reason we have cut ourselves off from them diplomatically for so long is the sway that the Cuban American community had in Florida, which could swing their 29 electoral votes.  Glad to see that ending.

Looking forward to going there someday.  Their cigars are good, but I've had better.  Hopefully the prices for them won't rise too much by the time I get there.  We'll see resorts from Hilton, Marriott and the rest before long.  Cuba will become a tourist spot like the Bahamas and Jamaica.

• Like 1

Obama truly is an idiot. This will end badly; but only after we have given them billions of dollars.

How will it end badly?  The last 50 years of no diplomatic relations and embargo have gotten is jack squat.  The Castro regime is doing just fine in spite of all our petty efforts.  American business interests will have that island turned around in a generation. 

Plus any foreign aid to Cuba will still have to go through a Republican congress.

Edited by btq96r

Makes me wonder if this is only the latest distraction, and what is he trying to distract us from?

Bingo, it's always one more crisis, EO, appointment, memorandum, or slanderous remark to keep the natives restless.

I'm with Rubio and Cruz who BTW his father escaped Castros dictatorship in the 50's.

The Castros are still brutal, repressive dictators and King Zero is pandering to them like he has with other dictatorships. Expect to see more tax dollars sent to support another communist regime.

This idiot has more sympathy for them than he does for the American people and this country and you guys look forward to a new vacation spot and cigars......?

If he really wants to do something Nobel he should wipe out the vermin killing women and children in Iraq, but we know that's not going to happen. Or how about black on black crime here in the states?

Whatever, carry on.

. Edited by kieefer
  • Like 2

The real problem, which WH is ignoring - The Russians still own Cuba. Don't doubt that for a moment. This is a very stupid move by Executive Office, as the Cuban exiles in Florida still know all too well.  It only excites an already tenuous relationship with Russia.

The real problem, which WH is ignoring - The Russians still own Cuba. Don't doubt that for a moment. This is a very stupid move by Executive Office, as the Cuban exiles in Florida still know all too well.  It only excites an already tenuous relationship with Russia.

We thought the Iraqi exiles knew what was what and made our post invasion plans based on what they told us.  How'd that work out?

You think the Russians can afford to care about Cuba with their economy in a panic right now?

We thought the Iraqi exiles knew what was what and made our post invasion plans based on what they told us.  How'd that work out?

You think the Russians can afford to care about Cuba with their economy in a panic right now?

No.  But they absolutely can park their boats there.

The complete strategic picture has to be looked at. 

Without total regime change in Cuba and reverse of political ideology...........The Russian-Cuban diplomatic relationship and power of influence is many orders of magnitude greater than anything the US can ever hope to achieve. The Russians will be continually d!cking us over on this in about 20 realms (just as they are *currently* doing worldwide in the nonproliferation and nuclear energy arena).

Edited by R_Bert