New motorcycle leads to bad weather blues

Spots

So last weekend, I traded my 1993 Vulcan 750 to a kid for a 1995 Vulcan 1500. The 1500 is just way to big and heavy for him. We both got we wanted out of the trade. I fixed the handlebars that had been broken, and was stoked to get my plates and ride this week. So far its sat the entire time, since this crap won't stop, won't melt off, and now there calling for another round tonight. What have you missed out on due to this weather that you were looking forward too?

Btw, heres the new bike on Monday after I got it to my inlaws.

20150216_150125_zpsdv2p0hfn.jpg

And Wednesday after I got it home and it thawed out.

20150218_150845_zpskpltjdnp.jpg

• Like 1

I freely admit to being a fair weather rider.  I don't like being cold or wet, and both is downright miserable.  My bike has been sitting in my garage for a couple weeks now.  I've heard that riding in the snow can be fun (I have a dual sport), but this icy, sloppy, wet mess is awful and I'm not wiling to break me or the bike in name of fun.

As for what have I missed out on...?  Darn near everything.  My only indoor hobby is the guitar (unless napping is a hobby...) so I've been doing more of that lately.  Otherwise, I'll continue to wait impatiently for the sun to reappear. 

So this weather is your fault, eh?

Yes, yes it is.

I freely admit to being a fair weather rider. I don't like being cold or wet, and both is downright miserable. My bike has been sitting in my garage for a couple weeks now. I've heard that riding in the snow can be fun (I have a dual sport), but this icy, sloppy, wet mess is awful and I'm not wiling to break me or the bike in name of fun.

As for what have I missed out on...? Darn near everything. My only indoor hobby is the guitar (unless napping is a hobby...) so I've been doing more of that lately. Otherwise, I'll continue to wait impatiently for the sun to reappear.

I don't know if Im a fair weather rider, but cold and icy sucks. Ill ride in the dry above 25 degrees and in the wet above 40. But these single digits, icy rain and snow make anything motorcycle related suck.

Nice bike, congrats!
Put it back on the trailer and drive south till you hit good weather :)
Ride safe!
The weather has made me add a Polaris Ranger 6x6 to the line up! :D (used of course)

29z4yus.jpg

Edited by Still Ugly
  • Like 1
I'm somewhat of a fair weather rider. As long ass I'm comfortable I'll go. Good gear is worth it's weight in gold. A couple of January's ago I left out of Knoxville after taking an hour to chip ice off of my bike, and another 20mins to navigate the 50 feet to the road and type to Savannah, Ga, it was 27 when I left and several cars were of the road on I40. It was miserable until I got south of Atlanta, but it was on the high 60s in Savannah.

I'm not a biker, but I do blame this weather on a delay of me getting a new gun.  I ordered a Henry 22 frontier model, but the weather in Kentucky had Buds closed for a couple of days.  UPS has also had limited service in their area.  Hopefully it will ship in the next day or two.

Nice bike, congrats!
Put it back on the trailer and drive south till you hit good weather :)
Ride safe!
The weather has made me add a Polaris Ranger 6x6 to the line up! :D (used of course)

29z4yus.jpg

Where can I get me one of these anti-gravity vehicles?!

Not anti-gravity. See, gravity is still working. It's the Australian model.

• Like 4

Nope, won't ride a M/C in inclement weather, worked too many M/C crashes over the years to even  think it'd be a good ideal. Pretty much feel the same way about riding in heavy congested traffic as as a primary means of transportation as well. I'm pretty much a recreational, scenic riding motorcyclist.  

You picked up an excellent bike which has great power to weight performance and reliability. The only thing you need to keep and eye on is cylinder head temps.  But you probably already knew this from the 750.

Nice bike, I like the ape's on it.  Nothing like getting a new toy and not being able to use it.  I am jonesing to get out and ride a bit, but I am somewhere below fair weather rider.  My "may ride" temp starts about 45 and only if I know it is going to get up above 55 or so later in the day. 

My bike has been sitting like this for a couple of months.   I am hoping after I get back from my next trip in mid March that it is finally nice enough on a regular basis to get out and ride.  I have a good half day of cleaning/polishing to do before I go too far.

As far as what I haven't been able to do.  I went and joined Strategic Edge to shoot some long range stuff, but it is too cold for that too.  

upload_-1.jpg

Edited by Hozzie

I am going to take my MSF class this weekend and hope to be getting my bike the weekend after as long as everything works out okay and I get some decent weather then Ill have me a new way of getting around. I want spring though slipping and sliding in a van is horrible in a bike it would not happen.

I was almost about to argue that was a softail Harley. Good looking bike. I sold my Street Glide about 4 years ago to buy a Wrangler. I still wanted to have a fun summer vehicle but have some room for passengers. I do get the bike itch every summer though.

Yeah my wife still isnt convinced enough to ride lol. I love being on a bike as much as possible. I wish it was a softtail, don't make that kinda money yet though. Id actually prefer either a Fat Bob or a street glide for my next one.
  • Like 1