3 days of RAIN.....Geeesh.

Randall53

Glad it isn't summer. Just think of how tall that grass would be. ;)

You mean yours isn't still growing? I always aerate and put out seed in October. Not only do I have new grass coming up, my other grass is still growing. I had to mow last weekend. Yeah, last weekend. I've never mowed so late in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just glad all this rain ain't snow cause it would be 3 feet + deep.   Someone mentioned grass cutting, I don't do that, Landlord does that and he has quit for the year also. I think it needed one more cut but I can live with it till Spring.......... :up: :up:

I can stand a few more rain days. Since involuntarily spending a few years where it's hot or freakin hot weather all the time, I have learned to enjoy all four seasons in this great state. Only pain in the butt is timing the breaks in the rain to take my buddy walking. Spent all that money on a fence and he insists on walks around the neighborhood to get his bowels moving.

Luckily I've got some shows/movies on the DVR which helps, and I just made a pot of chili made with some deer meat.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out since I used my normal chili recipe and just swapped out deer meat for the ground HB.  I've got some other projects to do but just don't really feel like doing some of them, and others require better weather than rain and a soggy yard.

Today is the first day in over a week we've had temps above freezing- might see 33* today, lows have been 0-2. Accumulated about 6-8" of snow over the last 10 days or so as well but the wind is clearing it out. 50+ mph gusts today.

So it's raining, you said? :lol:
  • Like 3

You mean yours isn't still growing? I always aerate and put out seed in October. Not only do I have new grass coming up, my other grass is still growing. I had to mow last weekend. Yeah, last weekend. I've never mowed so late in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first year(in 10) that I've aerated and put seed down. The frost finally took out my Bermuda but the fescue/rye will need another cut before to long. Called last month "Mow-vember" :puke: .

Being retired can get boring on days like these. I usually have plenty to keep me busy.

Lol! Do you reload? If I had any spare time right now and the rain was keeping me at bay, that's what I'd do.

Between church and 60-65 hr work weeks, I only notice the rain while I'm driving from place to place!

Yep...I've reloaded, cleaned guns and sorted cleaning kit, organized the safe and re-organized my fishing tackle in my boat and oiled all my reels. All the fun stuff is done. LOL

It's ruining my chance to fish this weekend.

Same here. I had plans to hunt a couple of days  and fish a couple also. The river here at Chickamauga Dam is rolling. It'll be next week before the water settles enough to go after some crappie. I may get a couple of days of hunting in though. I've got to put a new A-frame coupler on my trailer tomorrow though, if the rain will stop, so I can haul the 4 wheeler. 

I have a plumbing project to do in the garage.  Need to run pipe from the indoor water spigot to the back side of the garage (barn).  You're more than welcome to come over and help! LOL

Trust me. You don't want me doing your plumbing....LOL  

I am just glad all this rain ain't snow cause it would be 3 feet + deep.   Someone mentioned grass cutting, I don't do that, Landlord does that and he has quit for the year also. I think it needed one more cut but I can live with it till Spring.......... :up: :up:

Me too! Snow is even more boring because it's not only wet, but cold too. 

Luckily I've got some shows/movies on the DVR which helps, and I just made a pot of chili made with some deer meat.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out since I used my normal chili recipe and just swapped out deer meat for the ground HB.  I've got some other projects to do but just don't really feel like doing some of them, and others require better weather than rain and a soggy yard.

I guess that's next on the list. I'm a billiards player and fan. I have all the great billiards movies. Maybe I'll put The Hustler in with Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason. It's considered a classic, but it puts me to sleep in about 20 minutes. I'll get a good nap anyway. LOL

Today is the first day in over a week we've had temps above freezing- might see 33* today, lows have been 0-2. Accumulated about 6-8" of snow over the last 10 days or so as well but the wind is clearing it out. 50+ mph gusts today.

So it's raining, you said? [emoji38]

Hey, that's what you get for moving to Wyoming. :)

Being retired can get boring on days like these. I usually have plenty to keep me busy.

Yep...I've reloaded, cleaned guns and sorted cleaning kit, organized the safe and re-organized my fishing tackle in my boat and oiled all my reels. All the fun stuff is done. LOL

PM and I'll send you my address. We just built new shelving in the garage and haven't had time to reorganize everything yet, and I've got brass prepped for you to load about 8k rounds of 38, 357, 9, 40, 10, and 44. On a turret. That oughtta keep you busy! :-D

Edited to add:
And there's about 20 guns that haven't been deep cleaned in a year or more. I'll have a gallon of Hoppe's and a box of patches waiting on you. Snacks in the pantry, and all the water you can drink! ;-) Edited by musicman

Glad it isn't summer. Just think of how tall that grass would be. ;)

I do need to cut my yard again! Seriously. I thought it was finished.

But with all the rain and mild weather, I have tall green grass covering front and back. Maybe break the mower back out this weekend.

It's raining here too. So to celebrate we went shooting this morning. We ran about an hour of low light - no light handgun at an indoor range, then stood under the shelter and shot steel with long guns and handguns at 25-50-75 yards. It was a good morning!

But it's also a good day for handloading. btw..I finally picked up a Little Crow WTF. That sucker is awesome! It'll comfortably trim 500 pieces of 5.56 brass an hour. Now I need to go down to the basement prime those 700 trimmed pieces...Life is Good! :pleased:

Edited by prag