What's 10mm for?

Dumb question I know but is this a pistol hunting caliber? What's the closest comparison to more established ammo? For example does it compare closely to a 357 magnum....

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

it's for people who don't like .40 like Comms. LOL I also disagree with the wiki when it comes to the ballistics. Underwood gets much better results than anything I read there.
  • Like 2

It's for people that can't get it done with a 9mm :yuck:

Easy there 10 ring. I carry a 9mm EDC but you won't catch me outdoors in cougar country with that pea shooter.

I carry mine hunting (just packed it last night to fly to Texas and do some hog hunting) and I carried it when I lived in Colorado and we would hike with the dogs. I stopped carrying it EDC because it didn't make sense to back off the gas enough to minimize the overpenetration without basically making it a heavy 40.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
10mm is for hard charging Terrorist killing Jihad stopping Non-wimpy hand having Beer drinking Americans that will NOT use wimpy .40 cals and who hate the FBI and their weakness!

On a serious note with the right gun (Glock 20) and the right loads (Underwood or nuclear handloads) in the right hands it produces devastating results.

People compare it to 41 Mag but it is in its own realm. If youre all about advanced data then youll see where it shines.

I carry mine if I need to shock and awe someone with 15 rounds of high speed death. You can hunt with it.

It is pretty flat shooting, easy to load for and scares people at the range

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

10mm is for hard charging Terrorist killing Jihad stopping Non-wimpy hand having Beer drinking Americans that will NOT use wimpy .40 cals and who hate the FBI and their weakness!

On a serious note with the right gun (Glock 20) and the right loads (Underwood or nuclear handloads) in the right hands it produces devastating results.

People compare it to 41 Mag but it is in its own realm. If youre all about advanced data then youll see where it shines.

I carry mine if I need to shock and awe someone with 15 rounds of high speed death. You can hunt with it.

It is pretty flat shooting, easy to load for and scares people at the range

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

15? Hmm pretty sure it can hold an extra ;) and it's cute you carry your 20! I carry my 29 which is 10&1. I'm pretty sure, God forbid, if I ever have to, I can name that tune in 3 or less.

Because, they couldn't figure out the semi-auto .357. (I know they tried, but they couldn't get them to work reliably.) 

I know that's a bit simplistic but I have always viewed the 10mm as the .357 semi-auto counterpart. It incorporates the best (capacity, velocity, and mass) of the major SA calibers (9mm/.45 Auto) in a single caliber. On the other hand the .40 is just the opposite. It gets the some of the capacity of a 9mm and some of the stopping power of the 9mm and .45, but not the best parts of either of the other major calibers. :stir:

• Like 1

Its somewhere between a 357 and a 44.  Both of which you can get in fine semi autos.  Both of which you can get in fine revolvers.  Both of which actually exist on shelves.   So, it serves no purpose in practice, but it does provide a rimless semi round that is of magnum quality.  

Monkeybat, on 02 Dec 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Dumb question I know but is this a pistol hunting caliber? What's the closest comparison to more established ammo? For example does it compare closely to a 357 magnum....

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

It's softer shooting than a .454 Casull., so people can handle it easier.  Of course at the expense of manhood.    :bowrofl:

• Like 2

Easy there 10 ring. I carry a 9mm EDC but you won't catch me outdoors in cougar country with that pea shooter.

I carry mine hunting (just packed it last night to fly to Texas and do some hog hunting) and I carried it when I lived in Colorado and we would hike with the dogs. I stopped carrying it EDC because it didn't make sense to back off the gas enough to minimize the overpenetration without basically making it a heavy 40.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just a friendly poke.  I have nothing against 9, 10, or .40 for that matter.

• Like 1