Jump to content

 

Sign in to follow this  
TGO David

Smith and Wesson announce Glock 19 sized M&P 2.0 Compact

Recommended Posts

TGO David    6,897

If you have ever held a Smith & Wesson M&P and wished it were the size of the 15-round Glock 19 instead, your wishes are coming true.  These are being announced officially on Monday 9/11/17 but have already leaked to the Internet.

 

21314810_10155835174624551_1840415208376

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGO David    6,897

Ballistic Radio shared a photo of the new 9 Compact and some other new goodies:

Pictured here with the soon to be released SureFire, LLC XH-35, which is a 1,000 lumen WML as well as the also soon to be released XC-1B.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steelharp    2,086

So, in a nutshell... Glock got it...

... right? Oh, the horror... :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erik88    1,767
3 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

So, in a nutshell... Glock got it...

... right? Oh, the horror... :D

Do what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nightrunner    1,296

I can't believe someone finally did it! Everyone has begged for a G19 sized 15rd pistol with the right grip angle forever.

I was just waiting for a Gen5 to show up locally. But this is so much better to me. 

You can hate on Glock all you want but the Glock 19 is THE perfect size of 9mm pistol. It's the perfect balance of capacity and size/conceability. Add in a more traditional grip angle and metal magazines (HUGE plus to me!) and it's a win.

Personally, I really despise the fish gill looking slide serrations, but that is easily fixed by the aftermarket. Hopefully, the existing 2.0 trigger parts from the full size will fit.

 

Also, the new Surefire lights have me very interested as well. Waiting on details for those.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGO David    6,897

I love my M2.0 and prefer the 17rd capacity of the full-size but this really makes the "Compact" make sense.  The previous 9C and 40C were just too damned small for my hands and the advent of the truly compact Shield left them in a weird spot in the S&W lineup.  They did the right thing here.  And as for the "fish gill" serrations, those are super effective and grippy.  I've always preferred them to the serrations on the Glock.

All of that being said, I don't see myself rushing to buy one of these.  I have several things in this size-range already and don't need another.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chucktshoes    4,710

I don't have anything in this size range. It just jumped up to the top of the list for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGO David    6,897
31 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I don't have anything in this size range. It just jumped up to the top of the list for me. 

I look forward to seeing pics and a review if you get one! :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TNWNGR    735
1 hour ago, nightrunner said:

I can't believe someone finally did it! Everyone has begged for a G19 sized 15rd pistol with the right grip angle forever.

I was just waiting for a Gen5 to show up locally. But this is so much better to me. 

You can hate on Glock all you want but the Glock 19 is THE perfect size of 9mm pistol. It's the perfect balance of capacity and size/conceability. Add in a more traditional grip angle and metal magazines (HUGE plus to me!) and it's a win.

Personally, I really despise the fish gill looking slide serrations, but that is easily fixed by the aftermarket. Hopefully, the existing 2.0 trigger parts from the full size will fit.

 

Also, the new Surefire lights have me very interested as well. Waiting on details for those.

Good observation on the utility of the G-19 and popularity of that sized platform. I'll be interested in taking a look at this new S&W since I've been considering a replacement to the G-19 I traded/sold sometime back. I'm not crazy about a high capacity service pistol (which is what this still is) for EDC though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidecarist    586

This size pistol has always had a strong following. Think of the Commander, and S&W 39 variants. This grip length makes for a very controllable weapon. Smaller grips are easier to conceal. Its an age old discussion capacity, size, control, concealment.

That said, this fills a noticeable gap in the M&P lineup. If I was looking for a gun this size I'd have to consider it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGO David    6,897

You guys would be surprised at how often I am carrying the CZ P-07 these days.  Coming from someone who really prefers the striker-fired designs, something about this little heater really appeals to me and I honestly can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is.  I think it's probably because it is more than one single thing and, rather, a combination of smaller things.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steelharp    2,086

Because you are a man of exceptional discriminating taste, sir. :hat:

I am a striker fan, and for me, the FNS is the "cat's meow," as it were. Still wouldn't be without a G19, though.

Edited by Steelharp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erik88    1,767
7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

You guys would be surprised at how often I am carrying the CZ P-07 these days.  Coming from someone who really prefers the striker-fired designs, something about this little heater really appeals to me and I honestly can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is.  I think it's probably because it is more than one single thing and, rather, a combination of smaller things.

 

I carry a gen3 19 but its had extensive work done to the grip to make it somewhat comfortable. I'm sure the CZ has superior ergonomics. I've been trying to get my hands on one but as with all CZ's they have been difficult to find. As much as I like Glock, my next gun will be something different. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    54

I will be ordering some of the mags and cutting down a FS or two.  I already own them and with the LE trade ins and 2.0 pistols they have little to no resale value.  The original FS with the grip cut down will be very close in size with only a touch more slide length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steelharp    2,086
20 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I carry a gen3 19 but its had extensive work done to the grip to make it somewhat comfortable.

So, what prompted you to even buy a gun that doesn't fit you in the first place? :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jhc77    191
20 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Because you are a man of exceptional discriminating taste, sir. :hat:

I am a striker fan, and for me, the FNS is the "cat's meow," as it were. Still wouldn't be without a G19, though.

I think we are the only two that own one of these FN's. Someone on TGO has the compact version also I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGO David    6,897
53 minutes ago, SonnyCrockett said:

Funny,I always thought the M&P was G19 sized,shame on me.....

They've knocked about 0.25" off of the overall length and height of this one.  I don't find the full size M&P to be that much bigger or harder to conceal than my Glock 19, so... I'm kind of with you on this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steelharp    2,086
1 hour ago, jhc77 said:

I think we are the only two that own one of these FN's. Someone on TGO has the compact version also I think.

It's everything the Gen 5 Glock tried to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garufa    5,244

Is this the "Glock killer" everyone's been trying to put out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By gunresearch1
      Hello everyone,
      I'm doing a quick survey (about 4 minutes) on the gun industry and I'm interested in the opinions of gun owners on various brands and what drives their purchase decisions. It's extremely quick and I’d be happy to share the results with the community. 
      Also, I will be having a drawing among respondents for a $50 VISA giftcard for those interested (totally optional). It's not much but the most I can offer as a small team.
      Questionnaire Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GunsFall2017
      The research isn't for any of these companies. Just curious to see the opinion of the brands. Thank you very much for your help!
    • By jwhjwh54
      Anyone here got one ? Someone recommended them to me and now guns and leather has some in stock. They are expensive but was wondering if they justified the cost. I shoot my $450 p320 preeettttyy good 
    • By DWARREN123
      I find this pistol has a really good fit/feel to me.
      I have a Kadet kit for it, only problem is it doesn't lock open every time
      Very accurate with it.
      There are many little things I like about it.
      What is your experience?
       

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines