I want a lever action rifle.

Snaveba

On 1/19/2024 at 1:19 PM, Snaveba said:

I need to go to an LA meeting. I just threw a bid out on a live auction and won a Marlin 375 Win for a great price including the buyers premium. Not sure if I need two in 375 Win. 🙄

You can never have too many firearms isn't that right 😁

• Like 3
  • Moderators
On 1/19/2024 at 2:19 PM, Snaveba said:

I need to go to an LA meeting. I just threw a bid out on a live auction and won a Marlin 375 Win for a great price including the buyers premium. Not sure if I need two in 375 Win. 🙄

I personally don't recognize any issues that would require a meeting! 

• Haha 2

I guess they figured they could give Ruger/Marlin a run for the money with a 44mag. The Marlin with a wood stock (not a pretty as the 3.5K S&W) is the same price (if you can find one). Since I have a JM Marlin in 44 mag, I’m not interested in the S&W

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at the Rossi 95 Triple Black models. I have a few other Rossi guns (lever and revolver) that seem decently built. I heard there may be one or two other new lever guns coming out at SHOT 24 in addition to already mentioned S&W.

Yes I’ve got a Citadel LevTac in .38/.357 that is basically a tactical looking Rossi 92. I got it through Rainer Arms and I think it was under $900 including all the tax, shipping, and transfer fees. I’ve got a Holosun 407c on it, and added the Ranger Point Precision buttstock and a Chisel Machine quiver. It’s a fun shooter, smooth enough action, but I am going to have to do some work on the loading gate as it’s a fight to load it.

I have Rossi 92 in 357 on my short list. (my short list is quite long) For some reason I also want a 16 in barrel takedown, wish Rossi made one. I've had Rossi revolvers and they were well built.

I got 3 of the 16” 357 Rossi levers, great little rifles. I put lighter ejector springs in them, so they don’t throw my brass 10 feet away.😂

Also have a Uberti 1873 357 20” octagon barrel, it’s about too pretty to shoot. 

• Like 3

I purchased my Henry Brass Big Boy before they came out with the side gate model. The one I have loads through the under brl tube feeder. It is also a 38/357 with the Brass chamber and octagon barrel.  We have shot the snot out of that thing. Everyone who fires it can't sit it down. When I get it out, 200 rounds will be through it in no time. My grandchildren always want to get it out when they come in. I paid 765.00 for it new years ago. I have really enjoyed that rifle. Just something about Lever Guns. 

Seen a SSS Rossie at Outpost Armory a while back and if I had not purchased another revolver, at that time, I would have purchased the Rossie. I believe it was under 1,000.00.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

My latest Lever. 

Marlin 1893 Chambered in 38-55 made in 1900. Started out for me as a barreled receiver with the lever, bolt, hammer and loading gate included. There was no stock, no forend, no mag tube(or components), no rear sight, not forend cap or tenon. Additionally, the listing said the hammer would not lock back.

The case color hardening was all but gone from the receiver (one small spot left on the inside of the lower tang plate) but the bluing on the 26” octagonal barrel still looks very good. 

The first thing was to figure that out  turned out to be a rusted trigger spring  l was having trouble finding one for an 1893  I took a chance on a trigger spring from an early 1897 (precursor to the 39a). It worked and the first issue was fixed  

I found the mag tube (and inner parts), rear sight, forend cap, forend tenon. Picked up a reproduction stock and forend set made of American Black Walnut.

I had to finish the inletting for the tang and forend and I had to do the final shaping and apply a hand rubbed oil finish. That took a while. I finally have it all done. The stock I found was a “carbine” style. Not an issue I thought. I like them. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that finding a Marlin 1893 Carbine butt plate was a kin to finding hen’s teeth. I do still need one and that is why there is a recoil pad on the rifle, hiding the missing butt plate.

Here is a photo. If I can figure out the photo hosting site Kahrman suggested, I’ll put ip a bunch of photos of the process. 

IMG_4596.thumb.jpeg.48c3a22c210c1801737ada0f20293d1e.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hipower said:

I'm beginning to suspect you have a problem

One similar to mine.

You "suspect" that he has a problem.....................?????

Tell me, what gave it away? 🤪

But gotta say, that is a gorgeous Marlin......

• Haha 2