Admin: Please lock.

Guest Nunya

Sales tax only has to be paid once. So long as you're paying tax when you buy this stuff to turn around and sell it again, you should not collect sales tax from the person buying it from you.

Sooner or later the BATFE is going to get involved in this practice and the rest of us are going to suffer as a result of it. Currently buying a firearm to flip a firearm is illegal. It's only a matter of time that they make it the same for ammo, and likely because of opportunistic weasels who are cleaning out retailers to sell it again at a mark-up.

Honestly, I think what you're doing is beyond unscrupulous. People like you make it hard for others to buy ammo at realistic, fair-market prices, for the sake of protecting themselves or training regularly to be better at it. You're not buying and selling a commodity, you're buying and selling a means of self defense at a marked-up price because you happen to be able to haunt the retail locations and clean them out while other people are attending to other things. In this case I am torn between not wanting the government any more involved in Second Amendment issues than they already are, and wanting to see them clean your clock.

The road to hell is certainly paved with nickels and dimes.AMEN

Edited by BJB

Sales tax only has to be paid once. So long as you're paying tax when you buy this stuff to turn around and sell it again, you should not collect sales tax from the person buying it from you.

Sooner or later the BATFE is going to get involved in this practice and the rest of us are going to suffer as a result of it. Currently buying a firearm to flip a firearm is illegal. It's only a matter of time that they make it the same for ammo, and likely because of opportunistic weasels who are cleaning out retailers to sell it again at a mark-up.

Honestly, I think what you're doing is beyond unscrupulous. People like you make it hard for others to buy ammo at realistic, fair-market prices, for the sake of protecting themselves or training regularly to be better at it. You're not buying and selling a commodity, you're buying and selling a means of self defense at a marked-up price because you happen to be able to haunt the retail locations and clean them out while other people are attending to other things. In this case I am torn between not wanting the government any more involved in Second Amendment issues than they already are, and wanting to see them clean your clock.

The road to hell is certainly paved with nickels and dimes.

I wish I could like this 10k times.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 5

I see zero reason to lock this thread. If people don't stop editing their threads and posts because they don't like the direction they're going, I am going to revoke members' ability to do so.

That would suck. I use edit alot of times because my spelling and grammar suck. You could always do a 15 min. edit limit

Hey Spots, how much are you going to sell the North Korean friendship bracelets for? Maybe somebody would want to buy them and then resell them at a high mark-up, just kidding. This thread has gotten pretty serious so I thought maybe some humor was in order to lighten things up.

On a serious note, I do not like to see others taking advantage of the situation to make a profit, regardless of what the product or service is, but in this case nobody is forcing the buyers to buy the overpriced item. I think of it as a what goes around comes around thing myself and I know I would not want to be on the coming around end of something like that, but that's just me. 

Although he is not required to pay sales tax on ammo bought inside TN he MUST pay a "Use Tax" on everything bought and shipped to Tennessee. On top of this he must also report every red cent he makes that is profit and pay income tax on it.

I also wonder how he is able to get the ammo from local stores so readily, maybe he doesn't have a job or maybe he is on disability. And if he is on some sort of disability because he cannot work I would be willing to bet Social Security would be very, very interested in someone who is in fact able to make money AND collect benefits.

I wonder how many Benton Jones' there are in the Chattanooga area.

It is his right to do everything he is doing as long as he is following the rules the rest of us have to follow. I know I detest paying taxes but I do so because I have to pay my fair share. But when others are not paying at all or not paying their fair share they should be held accountable. And every time he buys from out of state he MUST, as in it is required by law, for him to pay a "Use Tax". It is the same rate as the state sales tax.

http://www.tennessee.gov/revenue/faqs/consumerusefaq.shtml

And as David said once before, we are not going to save people from themselves.

• Like 2

That would suck. I use edit alot of times because my spelling and grammar suck. You could always do a 15 min. edit limit

I think he's more or so referring to people who edit the posts and delete what they said ... not to people like us who either can't spell, or whose iPhone's auto correct won't let you say what you're really trying to say.  

• Like 1

I think he's more or so referring to people who edit the posts and delete what they said ... not to people like us who either can't spell, or whose iPhone's auto correct won't let you say what you're really trying to say.  

And a time limit would allow that. Not sure if it is possible but I am a member of another board that you can edit the posts for about 10 minutes then it is locked in place.

I think it would also have a secondary effect of forcing people to standa by what they post. People post something then decide to change it. If it was worth posting in the first place it should not be edited or deleted later.

• Like 1