Wal Mart!!!

I saw the thread and thought "Dang, another thread about Walmart?  These TGOers never learn!  They go to Walmart and complain because they stood in line forever, they were treated rudely, and were shocked that the manager sold all of the .22 out the back door to the LGS, what do you people really expect out of Walmart."  Okay I feel better now :woohoo:

[quote name="Erik88" post="1088832" timestamp="1388806862"]If Target sold Wal-Mart now we'd all bitch about it being too expensive. I got a 100 round box of Federal .45 for only $38 the other day. I was pretty happy with that.[/quote] That's a good price. Was is small primer or large primer? Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic

I'm not a Wal Mart trasher. I know a lot of the people at my local store and they are for the most part good people just making a living. 

But I will tell you a story about something that happened 10 days ago, on Christmas Eve at the Wal Mart. 

I went in on the afternoon of December 24 to my local Wal Mart. I bought 9 cards, for my kids, grand kids, and great nieces and nephews. 

I'm old enough I give them money and they understand.

Plus I bought a couple of 2 liter drinks and one gift card, twelve items total. The store was pretty crowded but for once they had half the checkout lanes open.

I got in a '20 item or less' line.There were only two people in front of me.

Now I always check the time I get in line and the time I am through just for the heck of it. They were having trouble checking out the people at the front of the line. After 20 minutes and two cashiers and a Customer Service Manager they shut the line down and walked away. Just said "This lane is closed."

So I moved over two lanes and got in a regular 'all you can buy line' with two in front of me and waited another 20 minutes. They checked out one couple and the next ones seemed to have a problem because they were buying 3 gift cards. They finally took them to Customer Service and I thought 'Cool, I'll get out of here before New Years.' But nooooo! The CSM came up and said 'This lane is closed!' and walked away.

I lost it. 

I raised so much hell after 45 minutes in line to buy 12 items, they took me to customer service and checked me out. 

Haven't been back in there since. 

Gee, thanks a lot, I thought I was over it until you smacked me in the face with Walmart again.

Yesterday the wife decided she wanted to make stuffed peppers for supper but was missing a jar of Ragu sauce for the fixins. I wanted to get a gallon of imitation chocolate ice cream so I went with her. We left home and arrived at Wally World at about 1:15 P.M. and immediately seen the parking lot was about filled to capacity. I don't know if it was the impending cold weather coming this way or a mass exodus of people who got fired from their jobs that day, but...

There was not one shopping cart in the cart storage area, no big deal I guess because we ended up just getting four items we hand carried to the express "ten items of less", you know the one, the one illiterates and the mathematically challenged always use? We were sixth in line and one "lady" had 57 items I counted, and that was only the one's I could visibly see.

The regular check out lines were so deep, you couldn't navigate the front of the store to reach any of the aisles and half the available checkout lanes were open. Anyway, standing their with a gallon of frozen imitation ice cream by the handle in one hand, and a jar of Ragu in the other, and the wife holding two items we patiently waited, and waited and waited.

The first two customers getting checked out, the ones who slept through Dick, Jane, Sally and Spot in school and played hooky during the math 2 + 2 = 4 test in the first grade, apparently had their plastic rejected and submitted a check which was handed back. Their potential purchases went into shopping carts that started blocking the shoppers check out aisles exits. 

I best not get into the shift, break or whatever employee change at the register and the three price check looong delays least my profanity get the better of me. After the rest of the people wearing that blue / white rectangular identification around their necks got through, we were in line slightly over and hour.

• Like 1

I knew you guys were good for another thread! 32 checkout lanes and only two open. What's up with that? :rofl:

We can get nearly anything known to man at the cheapest price, ten minutes from nearly anywhere, 27 hours a day, 7 days a week, and still b1tch about it.

I love this country! :usa:

• Like 5
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1088912" timestamp="1388840340"]I knew you guys were good for another thread! 32 checkout lanes and only two open. What's up with that? :rofl: We can get nearly anything known to man at the cheapest price, ten minutes from nearly anywhere, 27 hours a day, 7 days a week, and still b1tch about it. I love this country! :usa:[/quote] Greg I've never thought of it like that. Thanks for pointing that out. Even though it does suck sometimes (usually every time) it's definitely better than mail order haha. My guess is they are running on the bear minimum of staff at the lowest possible wage so that's what we get! Still though... What ever happened to taking pride in your work? Sent from my iPad using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]
[quote name="Erik88" post="1088918" timestamp="1388841240"]I'll have to look. What does Federal normally use?[/quote] .45 is generally loaded with large primers but a few years ago some Federal came through Walmart that had small primers. No big deal unless you reload, then you gotta keep the two separate It's easy to tell. If it's the same as 9mm it's small primer. Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic
And beans & bread & canoes & milk & toys & gardening gear & furniture & tires & bicycles & pasta & meat & fruit & candy & custom birthday cakes & hunting licenses & barbecues & fishing tackle & baby things & pet things & guns & school stuff & jewelery & clothes & computers & baking goods & cheese & shoes & you can have your vehicle serviced while you shop & you can have your eyes checked & prescriptions filled.........

If you ever move to a country WITHOUT Walmart, you'll understand how awesome all that actually is.
  • Like 6

i shop at wal mart and like it. i save lots of money over the other stores. they got just about everything i need in one store. sometimes they are out of what i want/need.  i know what i am getting into going in to shop, but all other places have their problems too.  when we lose wal mart will will have less money in our pocket to spend on guns/ammo and other items .  why do you think the left does not like wal mart.  any place that can save you money and let you have your money to spend on what you want to do, the left wings does not like.  it is the same with obama care.  your insurance goes up by several thousands dollars this year.  there goes the money that you were going to use for, guns/ammo, the movies, fast food, new/use vehicle, the beach trip, etc....   so you know what you are getting into when you shop there, but remember when you shop there you are sticking it to the man. 

Greg I've never thought of it like that. Thanks for pointing that out. Even though it does suck sometimes (usually every time) it's definitely better than mail order haha. My guess is they are running on the bear minimum of staff at the lowest possible wage so that's what we get!

Still though... What ever happened to taking pride in your work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what makes it cheap. Everything is a trade off.

• Moderators
I'm a reformed Walmart hater. I used to constantly bag on them about their business practices and was under the false impression that they increased poverty. I was then presented with a few facts and realized that Walmart has done far more to raise the standard of living of those at the lower end of the socioeconomic scale than any government welfare program ever thought about doing. By keeping prices as low as they do, they allow many folks to have goods and conveniences that would be otherwise be completely out of their reach. I generally prefer to shop at Target but I know that Walmart benefits me as well by forcing Target to stay competitive. So thank you Walmart for making my life better.
  • Like 4

I'm not a Wal Mart trasher. I know a lot of the people at my local store and they are for the most part good people just making a living. 

But I will tell you a story about something that happened 10 days ago, on Christmas Eve at the Wal Mart. 

I went in on the afternoon of December 24 to my local Wal Mart. I bought 9 cards, for my kids, grand kids, and great nieces and nephews. 

I'm old enough I give them money and they understand.

Plus I bought a couple of 2 liter drinks and one gift card, twelve items total. The store was pretty crowded but for once they had half the checkout lanes open.

I got in a '20 item or less' line.There were only two people in front of me.

Now I always check the time I get in line and the time I am through just for the heck of it. They were having trouble checking out the people at the front of the line. After 20 minutes and two cashiers and a Customer Service Manager they shut the line down and walked away. Just said "This lane is closed."

So I moved over two lanes and got in a regular 'all you can buy line' with two in front of me and waited another 20 minutes. They checked out one couple and the next ones seemed to have a problem because they were buying 3 gift cards. They finally took them to Customer Service and I thought 'Cool, I'll get out of here before New Years.' But nooooo! The CSM came up and said 'This lane is closed!' and walked away.

I lost it. 

I raised so much hell after 45 minutes in line to buy 12 items, they took me to customer service and checked me out. 

Haven't been back in there since. 

I remember they ran a campaign a while back where if there were more than two people in line, they'd put another cashier on. That appears to have quietly been dropped.

I have a policy of not going to Walmart on Friday evenings or all day Saturday and, if I can avoid it, Sunday. Other times it's usually OK though there seems to be times some evenings where they've cut the cashiers down to one or two and there's suddenly a big rush. That usually seems to occur just after I walked past empty lines in order to pick up that one-more item I needed.