Hi-Point, a leader in the firearms industry...

BigK

Meh, it was my first handgun, and while I have nothing against them as my time with it showed it to be reliable for the money, I also know that they are boat anchors and the BIGGEST pain to strip down BUT if you're on a budget and absolutely need to get a pistol, this is a viable option. I just talk smack about them as I've had one. ;)

• Like 2
LOL, what you said reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where he was mad at some other comedian for converting to Judaism just so he could tell Jewish jokes. Maybe only former/current Hi-Point owners should be allowed to talk smack? I was a member of their target market at one time and owned one too. I'd still have it too, but I had gotten better guns over time and a friend needed something cheap/reliable.
  • Like 1
[quote name="Will Carry" post="1100879" timestamp="1390670618"]If I could just get my Hi-Point carbine to jam or fail to fire, I could probably think of a good joke.[/quote]not possible. Believe me I have tried. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I've never owned one but, I wouldn't mind having a .45. From what I hear the ones being made now are pretty decent. I saw a video where 2 guys tested 2 different guns and they took everything that they could throw at'em. They have a lifetime warranty too.

[quote name="Will Carry" post="1100879" timestamp="1390670618"]If I could just get my Hi-Point carbine to jam or fail to fire, I could probably think of a good joke.[/quote] I've almost bought a 9mm carbine at half a dozen gun shows in a row now. I don't know why I always chicken out. I know from past experience that I won't be disappointed.
  • Moderators
[quote name="whitewolf001" post="1100840" timestamp="1390667528"]Meh, it was my first handgun, and while I have nothing against them as my time with it showed it to be reliable for the money, I also know that they are boat anchors and the BIGGEST pain to strip down BUT if you're on a budget and absolutely need to get a pistol, this is a viable option. I just talk smack about them as I've had one. ;)[/quote] This right here was exactly my experience. I had been thinking about getting a gun and then a neighbor of ours got burgled. I had less than $200 but that got me a Hi-Point .45 and a couple of boxes of ammo that night. I eventually sold it but never had any issue out of it. If it is all you can afford, it will get the job done.
  • Like 1
Hi-points are ugly and hard to break down. But dead is dead whether you shot the guy with a hi-point or a $3k custom 1911. Plus side is if you run out of ammo you won't mar a hi-points finish by beating the guy to death. And it is heavy enough too. All jokes aside, its a good idea, as hi-points normal market is gonna be people buying a cheap gun for protection and they probably will want a few accessories Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 2

I have never owned one but a buddy of mine handed me his 45 and I was not paying a lot of attention when he handed it to me and I darn near dropped it but was able to get second hand on it to prevent dropping it. The only way I could ever fire his 45 is if it was mounted on a bi-pod or tri-pod because I cannot hold it up and steady it even with 2 hands................ :rofl:  :rock:  

Guest SavageOne

Never owned one, but I'm glad they're out there. For someone needing a self defense gun on a limited budget, they serve a need. Hope they sell all they can make.

They are one of the best values for a little bit of money. I just had to try one out for myself, so I got a green .45 acp pistol and never had a hiccup with it. Sold it to a friend after he shot it and had to have it. I still own a 995TS carbine and really like it.

I won a HP 45 at a small event, and it exceeded all expectations --- gentle, pleasant to shoot, fairly accurate, worked 100%.  There are any number of pistols that cost 3 times as much that cannot do those 3 things out of the box.   Dunno about the package deal with the safe, but maybe if it helps keep a few guns away from kids or crooks, then its a good thing...  I would be annoyed if every gun came with one of these as a new industry standard though....  jacks the price up for zero value added if the person has a good safe already.