Friend of mine committed suicide today.

Those of you in the music biz with me may know Jack Solomon. Great guy, super musician. He has been in terrible physical pain for some time, and decided today he could take it no longer. Went out behind his house and shot himself.

Please pray for his wife Melba, and his daughter Tara, and all the family.

:cry: 

Those of you in the music biz with me may know Jack Solomon. Great guy, super musician. He has been in terrible physical pain for some time, and decided today he could take it no longer. Went out behind his house and shot himself.

Please pray for his wife Melba, and his daughter Tara, and all the family.

:cry:

Wow! I don't know the name but so sorry to hear this. Sorry that he was in that much pain, and sorry that his family is in pain now. A friend of mine committed suicide last year 4th of July weekend. Still not over it.

I am very sorry for your loss Mike. As well as Melba's, Tara's and their family's.

Damn suicide reminds me of Shannon and my 13 year old cousin,  I don't place blame but I wish they had found another way.

I am not a fan of death.

• Admin Team

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've been close to a couple of suicides over the years and they've really taught me two things.  One, depression is not a problem, it's a disease.  And two, there have got to be some better solutions for chronic pain management - even if those fall outside of our traditional norms.  Our society treats so many problems with simple patches when there are no easyfixes.  We've got to do a better job on both fronts.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about Jack as I knew him and Melba when I lived down in Newsomes Station back years ago. Great folks and have not been in touch with them since I moved out of Newsomes Station in the mid 90's. Sending Prayers for the family. 

• Like 1

Mike, correct me if I am wrong but some folks say they don't recognize his name and there is a reason why. Jack was not actually a performer like his wife Melba is. Jack was a studio musician and for those who don't know what they do. They are the music you hear on many if not most of the songs sung by most stars when they are actually cutting a song or an album. They always wanted the best of the best in musicians when they were cutting & recording their albums and songs and those were the studio musicians 99% of the time. Jack was one of the best guitar pickers on Music Row and was in most cases requested by anyone cutting or getting ready to cut a song. Like I said Mike can correct me on any of that I may be wrong about but I use to go up to their house when he was out on the deck picking and jamming with a few friends and ever so often Melba would sing a song for all that gathered from the neighborhood. They were and are just down home folks that enjoyed music and life and I don't know about and didn't know about Jacks illness because I have not seen them in years. Correct me if I am wrong in any of that Mikey.

• Like 1

You are not wrong at all. As far as the illness... Jack had neck surgery 8 years ago. He was in constant pain, and the meds he was prescribed had ceased to do anything. The docs would NOT give him anything else. He decided he could no longer face the pain he was in, so... :(