Glock - I'm Bummin'

graycrait

Glock has finally lost me.  I have two Glocks that are permanent fixtures in this house but I won't buy another.  OK, I have probably had 2 dozen over the years, but I am done.  Damn! I want the Remington R51 to work:)!

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 2

Glock has finally lost me.  I have two Glocks that are permanent fixtures in this house but I won't buy another.  OK, I have probably had 2 dozen over the years, but I am done.  Damn! I want the Remington R51 to work:)!

Dang, with everybody dising glock you would think they sinned and created a single stack 9mm pocket gun.

Good news is now I can move on with my life and go ahead and buy a PM9 or maybe P938. I've been waiting to see what Glock would come out with, too. I wait no more.

Of course, I still want a G20 or maybe a G40 now ;)

I have a couple that work great. Sadly, they're nearly 100 years old.

When you guys get around to dumping like-new Gen4 Glock 17's, let me know.   :)

Darn this sure became a pity party tonight.

But I will agree with David, but I want a Gen 4 34, and I'll stick with my 17L.

I own fewer Glocks right now than I have owned in five years. I will acquire a model 40 in the next year most likely. Otherwise, I have found I like my Shield the more I shoot it and even more after shooting other guns. I just wish the other M&Ps were as similar to the Shield, especially the triggers. I finally shot a PM9 today and liked it better than I thought that I would. I also shot a LC9S today, but liked it less than I thought I would. I can't say that I would even bite on a ss9 Glock after finding the Shield such a fine machine.

I need a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 in something . This leaves me free to buy used Glocks because I already have what they offered new this year. I put together a Lone Wolf 10 mm long slide in December  ( other than the optics ). But I bet S&W  and other makers got extra sales in single stack 9's this week . 

Glocks. I've owned several. I now own one. The G30sf is the last man standing in my safe. I haven't found anything to match the capacity and reliability at this point.

Glock 19 < FNS 9mm. Capacity is better and ergonomics (to me) are far better

Glock 26 < FNS 9mm compact (pending reliability test) Capacity is better and ergonomics (to me) are far better

Glock 21 < FNX .45 tactical. THE SHIT--no other explanation needed.

So, a single stack 9mm might still interest me. Doubtful but possible.

I've a love/hate relationship with Glock pistols but generally keep at least one around. My single stack 9mm P prospect (wish) from them seems to have now gone pear shaped...sigh. On the positive side I'm going to go with a 4th gen G-19 and might reevaluate a Shield acquisition.

Glock never struck me as the type of company to respond to consumer demand.  They make what they want and you'll just have to like it.

They were the LAST player in pocket .380's...several years worth of opportunity missed there.  Now that everyone else has a "pocket", single-stack 9 maybe they'll realize just how much money their losing....in a couple of more years.

When Gaston deems it necessary, so it will be.

• Like 1

No single stack 9mm.  I guess they figure everyone buying a Shield, LC9S or Kahr will eagerly shed themselves of those good guns when Glock finally releases a gun consumers want in large numbers.  Glock + 2015 = lame. 

Glock + every year after about 1988 or so = lame.

As long as Glock remains steadfastly married to thick plastic mags, their single stack is going to be thicker than everyone else's anyway...

• Like 1

If Glock can't make a single-stack 9mm any better than they can make a "pocket" .380, I'll pass. That G42 is larger and heavier than the LCP or P3AT with no additional rounds. I invision the same thing from a Glock SS 9mm when compared to the Kahr or Shield.

Edited by monkeylizard
I can't imagine why glock feels the need to expand, they have their market segment and gazillions of $, why ruin their rep with an iffy product or expand in to a small market. The design is inherently bulky to begin with. Edited by Still Ugly
I wanted a G19 for a long time to compliment my sub2k but my thoughts on them have cooled significantly. Gaston really did come up with a great design, but they seem very set on their business model of providing full and mid size striker fired pistols. :snore:

"Glock; We're committed to resting on our laurels! :up: "