Armed citizens guarding recruitment centers - legal?

I've been watching this private citizen guard thing going on at the recruitment centers with mixed feelings as aside from making the "citizen guards" feel good that's about all I see of any merit. Bear in mind the murderer in the Chattanooga incident first did a drive by with a semi automatic rifle. His next and final stop wasn't a strip mall recruiters storefront. It a slippery slope full of inherent liability for those choosing to do this guardianship thing where not only do you risk personal safety you also jeopardize your very financial future. If this is what one feels they have to do then so be it.

• Like 3

Good intentions are great, but this seems to me, a wreck looking for a place to happen. Too many things that can go sour. I wonder what actual training these folks

have had. Biggest issue I see is simply standing guard "outside". As someone else posted, you're a sitting duck for a drive by/pull up & cut loose.

It's a feel good experience that can change in a heartbeat.

Waaay past time for the DOD to get their heads out of their intestines & arm & train the guys/gals iin uniform. Never understand why out of country,they will hand

you every weapon you can carry. Set foot on home soil, they don't trust you with airsoft.

Ridiculous.

JMHO

• Like 1

Getting ready to head down to operate at my local recruitment center. Don't see any terrorist showing up with this much merica' hanging around. 2d3cade9596fe4e1a8a22e683bfc50b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Least you're not as bad as the guy in the Templar Knights suit of armor and flag.

................................ I don't think its good for us to criticize them for their choice of weapons and their add-ons, they at least took it upon themselves to get up there and do something.......................................................

My feelings exactly.

• Like 1

11709754_815611091888100_149450052645971

Your opinion?

Sure looks like AOW as per ATF even if that muzzle device were permanent.

However, did you know that the feds have never gotten a AOW conviction based on a VFG? The one case in which they brought charges was found against them with pretrial court opinion, and they dropped the charge rather than continue prosecution.

So there's actually no case law precedent that their determination is valid.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

11709754_815611091888100_149450052645971

Your opinion?

You didn't ask for my opinion, but here it is anyway.

Dude in the pic... First, get your filthy booger-hook off the trigger.

B.) Spring for some sights for your blaster.

Number three, take some of that money you've been saving for more tats and buy some cross-trainers and a gym membership. Maybe throw in a session or two with a personal trainer-er.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I did that on purpose. Except for the last one.
  • Like 1

I feel the same way.  The ones standing/sitting outside would be the first ones shot!    But in doing so....it would give the recruiters inside extra time to get out the back door or to a safer place if there is one on the inside of the building!

• Like 1

Meet you there. I will be in a disguise though, so I don't expect any trouble.

f7a1131d-42e7-4055-af7e-9b9e6f2b4311_zps

So, this pic (which is awesome, BTW) has me thinking...if someone showed up looking like this, how many guys on guard do you think would open fire without any real provocation?

• Like 1

Hey, if the Gubers aren't going to do it, I say i'st great for the Civilian Populace to do it. But COD warriors should stay home..

Something like the Patriot Riders, should be done for this. Organized, proper attire, and some sort of common sense. Though I will say the Knight Templar outfit, was killer.. 

How funny would it be for someone to show up with a bunch of prefilled sandbags, and set up two bunkers to include camo nets..Oh never mind flashbacks from having to camo a location post for a ball.. 

The way I see this is is it's just people making a point and aren't really doing much protection. The point, which I fully agree with, is that it takes civilians to protect the military with the current policies in place. 

I like the element of surprise. I'd feel much better sitting in my vehicle nearby just watching what's going on. It doesn't make the political statement like marching in front of the door with a AR but it's tactically more feasible.   

I'm sure you can find a few people that really should not be at these places but for the most part most of the civilians that are stepping up are retired vets. Recently discharged military personnel, and many retired Law enforcement personnel from an organization called Oath Keepers which have chapters located all the way across the country. Most every one has military training or Law enforcement training. Many other members have been through extensive training courses. Yea your gonna find a few goobers in the mix but at least the goobers are doing more about the situation than our Government is to protect our Protectors..............jmho

I'm sure you can find a few people that really should not be at these places but for the most part most of the civilians that are stepping up are retired vets. Recently discharged military personnel, and many retired Law enforcement personnel from an organization called Oath Keepers which have chapters located all the way across the country. Most every one has military training or Law enforcement training. Many other members have been through extensive training courses. Yea your gonna find a few goobers in the mix but at least the goobers are doing more about the situation than our Government is to protect our Protectors..............jmho

And just how did you come to this conclusion? Any facts, or just your wishful thinking? Bersa, I don't mean offense, but you throw out an awful lot of opinions as facts with absolutely zero to back it up. Just because some GI Joe wanna be has a single point sling doesn't mean he has military training.

From what I have seen, most of these guys look like they have zero training. I am not saying what they are doing isn't good intentioned, but I believe most have just made themselves sitting targets. Someone with any training wouldn't do that. Edited by Hozzie

...if someone showed up looking like this, how many guys on guard do you think would open fire without any real provocation?

Reckon you'll just have to trust that they can speak dari.

من امریکا هستم.  ساقه. انشاالله.

"I am an America.  Don't Shoot.  God Willing!"

2u5cl7d.jpg

Hmmmm..., Dolomite_supafly, thanks for posting the picture because it reminds me that I need to go efile another Form 1.   :cool:  

Reckon you'll just have to trust that they can speak dari.

من امریکا هستم.  ساقه. انشاالله.

"I am an America.  Don't Shoot.  God Willing!"

2u5cl7d.jpg

Hmmmm..., Dolomite_supafly, thanks for posting the picture because it reminds me that I need to go efile another Form 1.   :cool:  

For an SBR? Stylish Blue Robe?

• Like 2

And just how did you come to this conclusion? Any facts, or just your wishful thinking? Bersa, I don't mean offense, but you throw out an awful lot of opinions as facts with absolutely zero to back it up. Just because some GI Joe wanna be has a single point sling doesn't mean he has military training.

From what I have seen, most of these guys look like they have zero training. I am not saying what they are doing isn't good intentioned, but I believe most have just made themselves sitting targets. Someone with any training wouldn't do that.

They are Oath Keepers. Isn't that enough?

Not like the oath dem politicians take, real oaths to the country.
  • Like 1