mail from US Census Bureau

Mike.357

anyone else gets this?

I have already gotten two smaller demands to visit a .gov website for who knows what because I threw it out.

Now I got a much larger packet demanding I comply.  It goes on to tell me to respond now to avoid a personal visit by a Census Bureau interviewer.

They claim it is a National Content Test.

I am surprised I have seen no thread about this here.  I am leaning towards throwing this in the trash too.  It came addressed to "Resident" at my address.  It is a 16 page booklet which reminds me of the Census crap I received in years that end in zero.  Actually a 32 page booklet, half the pages are for our spanish speaking comrades.

So what do you all think?

Edited by Mike.357
I got it too.

Basically said My address was randomly selected for it blah blah blah.

I've thrown away two notices and the whole big booklet they sent. I don't have time for that crap. If I wanted to do a survey Id do one that enters me to win something, yeah sure.

They threatened to send an agent out to do the survey in person. I work 12hrs on night shift so I would be gone in the evenings that they might come in. But if not, may God have mercy on them if they wake me up trying to sleep, because I surely won't.
  • Like 1

anyone else gets this?

I have already gotten two smaller demands to visit a .gov website for who knows what because I threw it out.

Now I got a much larger packet demanding I comply.  It goes on to tell me to respond now to avoid a personal visit by a Census Bureau interviewer.

They claim it is a National Content Test.

I am surprised I have seen no thread about this here.  I am leaning towards throwing this in the trash too.  It came addressed to "Resident" at my address.  It is a 16 page booklet which reminds me of the Census crap I received in years that end in zero.  Actually a 32 page booklet, half the pages are for our spanish speaking comrades.

So what do you all think?

I ignored that crap once, until they finally sent a census worker. The guy was an NRA member, and hated Obama every bit as much as I do. I told him the stuff they really need to do legit census things

In 2000, after five unanswered mailed requests, the census bureau sent  a census taker to my house.  On his fifth visit he caught me outside my home on my tractor.  I told him I'll pay the $100.00 and to send me a bill.  He left and I never heard another word from the census bureau.

3 U.S. Code § 221 - Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a)

Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b)

Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

(c)

Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

• Like 2
They do a lot of surveys that most folks have never heard of until they get statistically chosen for one. :lol:

To name a couple, The American Community Survey, The American Housing Survey, etc.

A list of more here: http://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/are-you-in-a-survey/survey-list.html

From what I can see, it is legit: http://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial-census/2020-census/research-testing/testing-activities/2015-census-tests/national-content-test.html

If you have any questions about the legitimacy of it and if you were really chosen, you can contact the Census Bureau and they will verify it for you.

They will try multiple attempts of mailing and calling you (if they have your phone number on file) before they send a Field Representative out to your house. FR's will come out to your home and make attempts to make contact with you to complete whatever survey, contest, etc., it is.

If it tells you anything, some of the FR's work on 4 to 6 month assignments at a time, so if you can imagine trying to get out of doing a survey, how often you will see random visits from multiple FR's trying to get you to complete the survey, contest, or whatever. :lol: Edited by JohnC

thanks for all the replies.   

I am putting this piece of mail in the round file.  I get little gov't aid, re: NONE.  If it costs a few bucks for them to track me down then so be it.  I am sure it is all budgeted anyway.  My apologies if any of you feel I am wasting gooberment money (our money).

I file taxes honestly.  They have my name, address, social security number, ( they issued it yanno?).  They have my daughter's name address and SS.  I am not sure what else they need to figure out who is here.  And frankly I don't care.   

Too bad Zero does not come in person to see me, or any other elected official.   I'd like to tell him/them a thing or two.  

In 2000, after five unanswered mailed requests, the census bureau sent  a census taker to my house.  On his fifth visit he caught me outside my home on my tractor.  I told him I'll pay the $100.00 and to send me a bill.  He left and I never heard another word from the census bureau.

3 U.S. Code § 221 - Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a)

Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

( B)

Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

(c)

Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

"Do what we want or we'll steal your money!!!"

My parents have been getting harassed by a census worker and her supervisor for months.  They want all kinds of personal and financial information and claim it will be used to aid in future housing plans.  They first got something in the mail saying a census worker would show up.  Show up they did.  She has visited my parents' house probably 6-8 times that they know of.  The paperwork they got says it is voluntary.  I told my mother to highlight this, show it to the census worker, and call Bartlett PD if they don't like it. 

Here are both angles of what Dumbo is supposedly up to with this crap:

http://nypost.com/2015/07/18/obama-has-been-collecting-personal-data-for-a-secret-race-database/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/09/obama-hud-housing-segregation_n_7758196.html

Edited by deerslayer