Pics of new Glock 17 M are out

Erik88

It appears most of the rumors are true. Glock has released a new version of the 17 in order to win the FBI trials. As someone that's a huge Glock fan I have to say that I haven't been overly excited by them in quite some time but this new one has some neat features. I don't know that I would buy one as I already have a Gen 4 17 that works just fine but I think these will sell like crazy.

http://worldofguns.info/2016/08/16/breaking-photo-of-the-new-fbi-glock-17m-leaked/

I do have a question, what is the advantage of a flared mag well?

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I do have a question, what is the advantage of a flared mag well?

A flared magwell helps create more of a funnel to aid in mag insertion in stressful/high speed situations.  It's pretty much a standard feature on any race/competition gun to help reduce fumbling, etc. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, KKing said:

Some speculate that this will be the Gen 5 once offered to civi's. I haven't bought a new pistol in a couple years, I may need this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it posted a couple of places that the 17M and 19M are government contract only. MAC(Military Arms Channel on YouTube) got ahold of one from an Indianapolis State Police contact. Civilian sales will be called the Gen 5 and released at SHOT show 2017.

I was really hoping for a full mil spec picatinny rail and ambi mag release and front cocking serrations.

I've seen it posted a couple of places that the 17M and 19M are government contract only. MAC(Military Arms Channel on YouTube) got ahold of one from an Indianapolis State Police contact. Civilian sales will be called the Gen 5 and released at SHOT show 2017.

I was really hoping for a full mil spec picatinny rail and ambi mag release and front cocking serrations.

Right, that's what I meant. The "M" designations won't be available to us cake eating civilians, but that this could very well be what they rebrand as "gen 5". Agree on the front serrations. It's on my list of things to do for a couple of my current slides.
1 hour ago, TNWNGR said:

Interesting but nothing really earth shaking, although ditching the finger grooves is pretty cool.  

Glock hasn't done anything earth shaking since the mid 80's but some of these changes are nice to see. I'd like to get my hands on just to see what a gen 4 frame feels like without those damn finger grooves. We'll probably have to wait for shot show.

Everything but the ambi slide release is available on the aftermarket. Some people want a bone stock gun with no changes, some don't mind making changes. I'm in the latter, although it usually ends up being more expensive that way. At least Glock is improving, albeit ever so slightly and only because of landing a major contract.

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM, hipower said:

Big deal...another Glock.  :eek:

23 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This just isn't moving the needle very much for me.

20 hours ago, enfield said:

meh

What y'all don't get excited when the new Tupperware comes out? Lol