Looking for a new friend

Lost my little girl this last weekend, She almost made it to sweet 16. Ill say this. Be careful using Nashville Veterinary Services on Sidco Dr.

I brought her in for a nagging cough.I knew she had CHF, and a collapsing trachea.It happens to small breeds as they get older. I knew her days were numbered but not by hours. They doped her up so bad, I got her back she was like a zombie and could barely walk. The plan was to keep her overnight on O2 and Lasix to reduce fluid around her lungs and heart. They basically popped her w a load of Trazodone, and left her in a cage w oxygen for a day. They charged me for 100 mg of trazodone, proper dose for her weight should have been 3.5 mg ...yah really.

The bill was supposed to be firm at 1169.00 with a phone call if anything extra was needed. They didn't keep me posted, I had to drag info out of them, when I got there the next day, the bill was jacked up to 1469.00 Caught em charging me for 28 doses of one med on the bill and disputed it on site. They dragged it out to charge an extra 100 per 8 hrs they had her.They jacked me around for an hour till i gave in and paid to get my pup out of there.( paying by card has its advantages). She was a doorknob for a week. So doped up, staggering around... coughing started again,breath was short so I figured we'd try one more time to get her leveled out.Took her to Banfield in Smyrna. They already were aware of her condition, as I took here there first about a month ago. They gave her a liquid lasix injection, and gave her back to me. She wasnt real happy and was breathing hard.She went in to CA, and died in my arms while driving up 24 to the house, 10 mins after I pulled out of Banfield. You know I am not real happy. Thats an understatement. Lost my bff of 15 years, and got treated like crap by a money grinding millennial staffed pet hospital, that sucks ass. It aint over yet. Dustbuster knows how to clean house with a pen and not a sword.

So, being part of the community for a while, and knowing a lot of guys on here personally and professionally, If you see someone that has a young chihuahua, pref short hair applehead that needs to be rescued, or has non puppy mill pups DM me. Its too soon but hopefully one of y'all will remember this and think of me. Itll be a timing thing, but Ive always been a keeper of the lords little creatures. So looking for a new friend,, AND whatever you do in Nashville, or Clarksville, avoid Nashville Veterinary Specialsh*its like the plague. If you have to use them make them commit to pricing, so they don't play on emotions like they tried with me. Hold them to what they say, but Ill get a glass of icewater in hell before I ever use them again.. Thanks !!!

Ginger1.jpg

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Sad 6
  • Wow 1

Holy crap that was hard on me just reading what you were re-telling. I’m so sorry for your loss and definitely know the pain of the loss. Been there too many times although definitely different circumstances of course. I’d be angry as well and pray you find another companion soon and healing in your heart. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry for your loss, its one of the hardest things anybody can go through. I had a similar experience with a local vet years back. Wont get into much details but my little Jack Russell (Daisy) ended up passing away in my arms one night years ago. She crawled up into my arms as if to say goodbye that night before she passed. Still bawl like a baby thinking about her and it could have been prevented if the vet would've sent the medicine home with me the previous day.  

Once again so sorry for your loss, I know the pain all to well. And pray you find your next companion soon. I never wanted kids and like I tell everybody my dogs is my babies After she passed I got another little Jack Russell (Tubby) and got a Pit (Sheeva). Both are best friends and sleeps in the bed every night. I dread that day I gotta say goodbye to my babies but I know its inevitable and we just gotta give them the best life and love they deserve while we can. 

Edited by Henry347
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate hearing about someone losing their little 4 legged buddies. I'm sorry for your loss. It took me two years before I could even think about replacing my little Sassy but I finally broke down and got another rescue (my third)

We have a local vet here that sounds a lot like the one you mentioned. :angry:

• Thanks 1
  • Authorized Vendor

I've been there and I know it doesn't make it any easier for you. My condolences to you and yours. It took us 3 years before we could ring ourselves to get another. Now we have 3 rescues and believe me they make me laugh every day. God Bless you. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone. I think it will be about timing to get another pup. Hate it being so quiet around the house. Always had the notion in my head to always,Always, help these little creatures. A lot of us on here hunt fish and love our pets, Thats why i wanted to share what i know and post a bolo for another future canine friend i could use. I know tons of rescues, but sometimes a friend of a friend can help out just as well if not better. Thanks again... 

• Like 1

We jut moved to Tenn and barely a month later we had to put him to sleep. He was by my side well over 17 years. 

It's been about 1.5 years he's gone. I'm/we are still not over him and I hate when people say should just get another dog. He wasn't just a dog. He was the smartest, lovable and most loyal friend I ever had... When we are ready, but it isn't time yet. To help us keep his memory alive, we hired a company called Petsies. After working with them over the phone for 5 months, he was re-born as a stuffed companion. People had no idea it was a replica when they seen him. 

I put him in his fav bed with his usual jewelry and toys around him next to the fireplace. 
It may sound weird but it helps me a lot. His ashes are on the buffet behind him and is surrounded by flameless candles that light when the sun goes down. All his other belongings are in a treasure chest I made in the master bedroom...
I prayed to God every night to take me instead so my wife could not go through the pain but no word from the man upstairs. I'd take a bullet for him when he was a live and I'd gladly give myself up for him to live.

I hope you find comfort in the fact your lil is looking down from above and like myself, hope to be with him again someday.
Here are the shots of my lil guy alive and replicated.

PS: Since day one, he made it his job to guard the manger under the tree every year. We did not teach him this. His last photo was him napping under the tree next to the manger. Christmas 2018.

D3_800F.jpg

Dsc00011a.jpg

IMG_E7630framed.jpg

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Dustbuster said:

Thanks to everyone. I think it will be about timing to get another pup. Hate it being so quiet around the house. Always had the notion in my head to always,Always, help these little creatures. A lot of us on here hunt fish and love our pets, Thats why i wanted to share what i know and post a bolo for another future canine friend i could use. I know tons of rescues, but sometimes a friend of a friend can help out just as well if not better. Thanks again... 

Somehow they always find me. Often with the aid of my wife... Hang in there.

• Thanks 1

I lost Roxy the boxer back in Sept '17, who was my shadow when I was home.  If I was out doing yard work, she worried/aggravated the wife to no end running from the front door to the back door trying to find or see me.  She would lay at the front door when open (storm door) waiting on me to finish washing the car, or doing whatever outside chore I had going on, or if I was gone fishing or to the gun range.   She passed laying right in front of my easy chair, and I got to hold her when we took her to the vet to be cremated.  We have her ashes/urn laying on her bed in our bedroom with a few of her favorite toys.  I'm still not ready for another one.  I think about another one, but still not ready.   

• Thanks 1

My condolences to you.  The loss of a four legged companion is one the worst pains there is.  Many prefer to wait a while before bringing another into the fold.  Some like to find another soon after.  I have done both ways and must say that getting another soon after actually provided me a lot of comfort and helped me to grieve the loss.  It actually escalated the bonding process for us both.  But that's just me.  

• Like 1

Real sorry for your loss. Makes it all the worse when the vet is an ahole. Lost our Maxine a few years ago to cancer. Got her for my wife as a birthday present, but she became my dog, 130 lbs of loyalty, affection and ferocity. 

Vet let us bring her home and came over the next day and put her down.

• Thanks 1

So sorry for your loss. We lost our Border Collie at age 14 a year and a half ago and our cat at 15 last year so I feel your pain.

I suggest you check with Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue to find a new little friend. I adopted an orange tabby cat from one of their foster moms back in January. He's sitting in his camouflaged observation post watching the bird feeder right now! The great thing about a foster dog or cat is that you can get a great feel for the pet's personality from the foster parent. There are other rescue organizations in Nashville so you should check them out, too. 

Oh, and my avatar, WillowTheDog is also a rescue.

Edited by jgradyc
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss. My daughter and her family has a Vet horror story as well. My grandson was shooting his bow and his dog jumped in front of the arrow. He was shot through his front to mid section. She took it to her neighborhood Vet who charged her 600.00 to look at the dog then tell her there was nothing she could do, but to take the do to the Emergency Vet Hosp in Murfreesboro. My daughter did and when they called me I met them at the Vet Emergency. Walked in and they had already charged my daughter 1100. 00 to tell he there was noting they could do, but there was a place in Nashville that could Possibly do surgery on the young dog(Black Lab). Said the cost would 5000.00 plus. I told the Vet the first thing they should have done was told my daughter they could do nothing for the dog, because of where the arrow went through, and it was hopeless then give them more false hope. It disgusted me what they did. That Vet knew she could do nothing for that dog, because my daughter had brought copies of the X rays to them from the first vet. IMO, they just took advantage of my daughter, and I told them that. 

Look, I know it is hard to deal with pets death, because we lost our ####zu, after 16 years, a couple years ago. I cried like a baby. Had to have her put down, however our Vet, for the whole 16 years, charged us 150.00. She is interred in our back yard. We now have another dog. 

My daughter spent almost 1700.00 on a dog that the first Vet should have told them it was hopeless, and not feasible to try and save the dog.  That Vet should have put her down then and there. The minute I looked at the x ray, and I am not a vet, I could tell it was hopeless, however the lady Vet was trying to talk my daughter to spend another 5,000. + on the dog. I asked what are the odds the dog would pull through and she said, "Possibly" 20%. Now I ask her would she take that chance on those odds, and she would not answer me one way or another. 

Guys, it is hard to say, but there are too many dogs in the world to spend that kind of money on a pet that has such a low chance of it being successful. For us, our dogs death was hard, but it was not unexpected. One major artery in my daughter's dog was severely damaged and she was bleeding internally, plus several other vital organs sustained damage. It was hard for my grandson, but he now has another rescue dog.  My daughter did not have the money they spent on Vet bills which should never have happened.  I call that taking advantage of a bad situation. It is bad enough to loose your much loved pet, but to be forced to pay lots of money on top of your loss, is frustrating, let alone being fleeced by Vets. 

Loosing a pet is hard. Again sorry for you loss great Dustbuster.  Also sorry for the sop-box rant, but it just infuriates me when someone is taken advantaged of by "Supposed" professionals when one is in a vulnerable state. IMO, that is all it was in my grandson's case. No one wants to be the cause of their pets death, but if you can't fix it, don't give false hope.   

• Thanks 1

So sorry for your loss. It can be as hard losing a pet as it is a human relative. They are family. When the world seems cold and cruel, our pets are always there to show us unconditional love. To them we are their world. It takes time to heal before looking for a new pet /friend/family member. When the time comes, I think sometimes they will find us first. My boxer Sami turned 6 not long ago. We got her when she was 8 weeks old. Today she is starting to show some gray. I dread to think of the day when she leaves us.

Edit: I do want add that I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that her final moments she felt love and safety in the arms of her hero. She was able to slip away to the Rainbow Bridge knowing that one day you'll meet again

Edited by lock n' load
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2