Israel Attacked (This will be interesting...)

27 minutes ago, BigK said:

You do understand the that Palestinians in Gaza bred and raised Hamas, right? 

27 minutes ago, BigK said:

Do you think the people in NYC deserved what happened on 9/11 too?

Isn't this a contradiction? Should all of Gaza be killed based on acts committed by Hamas?

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Defender said:

Good.  Bearing in mind what Jews have gone through in the past in many parts of the world, American Jews political beliefs as a group have always surprised me. Good to see that starting to change, though I hate the reason.

Often, it takes a wakeup call. Witness the number of guns sold after the race riots in the last three years. People are tired of the lawlessness, rioting, and arson. If the police can't or won't protect you, and they are likely to be 15 minutes away, you are not required to commit suicide by waiting.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Isn't this a contradiction? Should all of Gaza be killed based on acts committed by Hamas?

I guess it depends on whether you want it to happen again in the near future?

I don’t know how you deal with a group of folks who’s life’s goal is to kill you.

Do you know how to identify a member of Hamas? I do not.

I’m sure glad I don’t live there!!!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

My purpose in drawing attention to who is involved is that it is wise to know the real score to protect oneself from being manipulated into actions that are ultimately not in one’s own interests. Who’s really benefitting and who is really paying the cost in blood, treasure, and their souls. 

On that note, with respect to the reports of the beheaded babies that have struck so hard because it is absolutely horrific if true. I would like to remind you of the stories from the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait about Iraqi soldiers pulling babies from incubators and dashing them against the wall. Those stories weren’t true just like the stories of Snake Island and the Ghost of Kyiv more recently. In the early days of any conflict there is often the craziest and/or most horrific propaganda that gets spread. I don’t know if these reports are true or false and they could certainly be either. I’m just advocating caution in believing anything that isn’t independently multi-sourced verified and rushing to judgements on that information. 

It’s clear you feel you are on a righteous crusade of “real truth and enlightenment” for us unwashed, but to be clear, so someone can say it later; your stance on this, despite your conviction, is just not a good look for you. At all.

• Moderators
Just now, OMCHamlin said:

It’s clear you feel you are on a righteous crusade of “real truth and enlightenment” for us unwashed, but to be clear, so someone can say it later; your stance on this, despite your conviction, is just not a good look for you. At all.

Same. 

• Like 1

I get a kick out of it when someone compares the 3rd world trash illegals  to the Irish. Italians, etc who immigrated here legally.

Sure there was prejudice, but they overcame by becoming Americans. They embraced being Americans not like some others who still hate the country that's given them so much opportunity.

Comparing the demonstrators on Jan 6 to terrorists is silly. The only terrorist there was the scumbag who killed Ashley Babbit.

Some might consider the ushers who opened the velvet ropes conspirators.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Admin Team

A lot of things can be true at once.  

1. Hamas is a terrorist group that has committed unspeakable evils. For the first time in many of our lifetimes, there is a window of unanimity behind Israel.  You better believe they're going to take advantage of that. The softening that's happening right now is just to clear a path for the ground invasion to come.  They're going to level most of the Gaza Strip.

2. You can weep for the people affected by this.  No one can possibly calculate to any reasonable decimal points the good guys and the bad guys.  But, there are thousands of empty seats at dinner tables in both Israel and the Gaza Strip that weren't that way last week - and those folks didn't pick up a weapon.  Most people just want to live their lives in peace - it should cause us pain when that peace is broken.

3. There are no easy days - and someone has to be willing to use force to stand in the gap.  That's the way it's always been - and it's likely the way it always will be.  There are certainly a variety of folks who've been looking for this fight for a long time - and there are plenty of folks who will try to use it to their advantage. 

4. America is almost certainly at war here - and we just don't realize it yet.  Two Carrier Strike Groups are already inbound waiting for the escalation that is to come.  There are certainly Tier 1 assets on the ground waiting for actionable intel for rescues.  It's going to get worse before it gets better.

5. There is an enormous humanitarian crisis in the making.  Egypt has already closed its border with the Gaza Strip because they don't want the refugees.  There will reasonably be a million people homeless when this is done.

One more thing - I can't speak to anyone's faith here - but I can say that when you refer to people as 3rd world trash illegals or uncivilized peoples or whatever that speaks to a deeply seated racism that will not be tolerated on TGO.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 2
1 minute ago, NoBanStan said:

Didn't i read somewhere that there were peace talks about dividing up territory and letting Gaza have its own country, but Hamas refused because it meant that Israel would exist?

This has been the policy of 'Death to Israel' from Hamas, Hezbollah, the PLO, and Iran. Israel will now operate on the successful policy of WW2 strategic bombing of cities, industrial, and military targets no matter how small nor whose house they're in.

To those who cry, "What about the children?" should remember the Hitler Youth, the indoctrination from infancy, and no matter how young were used in battle to kill Allied soldiers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

Didn't i read somewhere that there were peace talks about dividing up territory and letting Gaza have its own country, but Hamas refused because it meant that Israel would exist?

Arafat turned down that offer back in 2000.  I wonder where things would be today if they had signed on. 
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/23/israel3

Edited by deerslayer
1 minute ago, Grayfox54 said:

Israel and Palestine have been at war with each other since the Old Testament. Their hatred for each other is now part of their DNA. It'll never end until one side or the other is wiped out.

If that's the case, so be it. I'm rooting for the Israelis.

3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I get a kick out of it when someone compares the 3rd world trash illegals  to the Irish. Italians, etc who immigrated here legally.

Sure there was prejudice, but they overcame by becoming Americans. They embraced being Americans not like some others who still hate the country that's given them so much opportunity.

Comparing the demonstrators on Jan 6 to terrorists is silly. The only terrorist there was the scumbag who killed Ashley Babbit.

Some might consider the ushers who opened the velvet ropes conspirators.

You are all over the place here.  What does one have to do with the other?

Many European immigrants to the US were in fact “trash” as you put it.  Penniless people looking for a better life that just so happened to contribute more to “our” society in terms of what your perceptions are in culture.

So many who came here legally were straight up criminals, grifters, hucksters, etc., and no, they did not 100% assimilate.

And the January 6th morons?  Really, what’s the point in bringing them into it?

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, crc4 said:

Now in Gaza, the 'humanitarian' ambulances with the Red Cross emblem are being used to transport terrorists. 

Such an honest and peaceful lot of murderers, aren't they?

A common tactic by many in the area over there. Painting Red Crescents on all kinds of vehicles clearly being used for anything but medical aid. 

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Wow, someone dropped the BanHammer

44 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

I saw that.

While it was not me, I would like to offer a few words of general advice to everyone. Reread the post above from Macgyver above pay special attention to the end of his post and reconsider things that you might have posted and what your planned next posts may be. 

Let’s just say that Enfield was very close to being called out of retirement. 

*edited to add*
This is truly meant as a general and not specifically directed post. To those I quoted, please don’t feel singled out. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

While it was not me, I would like to offer a few words of general advice to everyone. Reread the post above from Macgyver above pay special attention to the end of his post and reconsider things that you might have posted and what your planned next posts may be. 

Let’s just say that Enfield was very close to being called out of retirement. 

*edited to add*
This is truly meant as a general and not specifically directed post. To those I quoted, please don’t feel singled out. 

As I have said before, I'll say what I have to say. If that happens to earn me the ban hammer, then it does. I am more comfortable with walking away then holding my tongue out of fear. But I'll say this tonight, I'd have MUCH rather heard anything official about THIS thread from any other moderator.

I agree with what McGyver said. While I pray for a total victory by Israel over Hamas and Hezbolla, I also pray for the innocent victims on both sides of the conflict. War has no winners, especially those caught in the middle who only want to live in peace. When Judgement Day takes place, it won't matter whether you're Israeli, Muslin Christian, black, white, etc; we will all stand before and answer to the same God who created all of us. My hope is that this isn't the start to WW3. 🙏

IsraelStrong✡️

• Like 6
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

As I have said before, I'll say what I have to say. If that happens to earn me the ban hammer, then it does. I am more comfortable with walking away then holding my tongue out of fear. But I'll say this tonight, I'd have MUCH rather heard anything official about THIS thread from any other moderator.

Fair enough. 

I have friends in the Land of Israel, they keep me informed on what is happening in their home area. The attitudes of the every day Israeli, their habits and their expectations have been radically shifted/shattered. Most favor a war action to terminate the nightmare of promises, deals then bloodshed. "The innocent will be mourned " was a phrase I heard several times and it scared me how vehement the sentiment was.

Never again, never again.

We are half a world away, debating and arm chair quarterbacking decisions made by people under fire and being slaughtered in their homes. The Hebrew position was land for peace. The Muslim position was extermination of Jews at all cost, at every turn. As a people, population or government you cannot bargain with a foe that wants your total destruction. I support the Jewish people and want their suffering to end, even if it involves complete destruction of the operators/financiers/governments that are responsible for this. Israel belongs to God alone. He gave it to the Hebrews and all that would follow Him. Yes I am a follower of the Messiah and this violence is just the beginning of the end. I am not waxing religious, but I know how it ends....for all involved. 

I was told caption to the image reads "The Difference"

image.jpeg

• Like 8