Short Rant

tacops

As Time's Person of the Year, I assumed she found the cure to cancer, negotiated lasting peace in the Middle East, ended world hunger and resolved the National Debt in between her busy tour schedule.

Or simply being famous with a zillion fans is the new benchmark for Time

• Like 3

I get her popularity. It’s been reported that her enormous concert tours have had a positive effect on the economies in every country she has toured.  She is also responsible for getting many tens of thousands of her fans registered to vote.

2 hours ago, tacops said:

Is it just me or is anyone else completely fed the freak up with Taylor Freakin' Swift plastered all over every media avenue there is?

Pftt, try having a 12 year old daughter who is obsessed with her. She was very disappointed that I didn't get her concert tickets (assuming you can even get them) at $1200 per seat for nosebleed.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wouldn't know one of her songs if you hit me over the head with it. Just not my thing.

But she is talented, pretty and from what I hear a very good business woman. I also hear that she truly appreciates her fans and goes out of her way to show it. I say good for her. 👍

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't know one of her songs if you hit me over the head with it. Just not my thing.

But she is talented, pretty and from what I hear a very good business woman. I also hear that she truly appreciates her fans and goes out of her way to show it. I say good for her. 👍

I don’t know any of her songs either. From what I read, she’s a very good person, in the mold of Dolly.  She donates to food kitchens in every city and just gave her crew over a half million dollars in bonuses. 

1 minute ago, Links2k said:

I don’t know any of her songs either. From what I read, she’s a very good person, in the mold of Dolly.  She donates to food kitchens in every city and just gave her crew over a half million dollars in bonuses. 

I hear similar things about her. She's undeniably a giver and I applaud her for that. You can't take all that money with you. Dolly does a lot of good, especially locally, but my favorite thing about Dolly is that she WON'T mix her entertainment career with her political beliefs:

“I’ve got as many Republican fans as Democrats,” Parton said at the time, “and I don’t want to make any of them mad at me, so I don’t play politics.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

We are not her target demographic. 

It's estimated that her last tour brought in over $1B in revenue. I can understand why she's on the news a lot. 

Agreed, but her popularity and success don't invalidate my opinions. It just goes to show I'm special and unique. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw on the news the other day her copyright lawsuits are being studied in a law classroom. Can't remember the name of the school but they use her 5 cases as study material.......she is literally everywhere.

My daughter used to adore her, now not so much. Thanks to momma, I never had to attend a concert of hers.....though I did have to buy a bunch of posters, t-shirts, cd's and other crap. 😅

• Admin Team

Her tour this summer was significant enough to be measured on a national economic scale.  It was literally quoted in the Beige book as being a differentiator for regions that hosted shows.

There seems to be a group of people looking to get folks stirred up against her.  I think they’ve likely picked a poor target.

I’d bet on her. 

• Like 7
  • Moderators

I'm an old 70/80s rock guy so don't listen to her but I admire the hell out of her business acumen.

The team she has built to help handle her business empire is impressive. Dive in and research how they do things. I respect that. What she has done to regain control of her music is genius. 

Now I could care less about her personal life as I do with all "stars". They don't influence my beliefs or values in any way. 

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 7
48 minutes ago, Luckyforward said:

Taylor Swift donates $1 million to Tennessee tornado relief

"Nashville is my home and the fact that so many people have lost their homes and so much more in Middle Tennessee is devastating to me."

That was from March 2020 for those that didn’t read it, not the recent tornados.