Things the next generation simply won't understand

10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Did Bill Anderson have a hand in this, or was it just coincidence?

Yes, he did.  He objected when the song name was used but later bought into the company and for a time was a spokesman.  Later, the Krystal Company bought Po Folks, but with the rise of Cracker Barrel, Po Folks went under.  

My mother was the Executive Assistant to the Krystal CEO and bought $5000 of Po Folks stock and lost everything when the company failed.  Because Mom worked for the CEO she sent me bunches of free meal cards and I was living in Siler City, NC at the time.  I'd drive to the Greensboro Po Folks and chow down for free!

Those were the days! 🙂

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Did Bill Anderson have a hand in this, or was it just coincidence?

I wish PO Folks. Restaurant.  would return. Had great Blackberry Cobbler. I miss it 

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Like 4

We had two animals (for lack of a better term) at work who got kicked out of the Po Folks on Summer Ave.  I’ve never seen humans eat like those two.  Po Folks had an all-you-can-eat chicken special and after an hour or so, refunded my two co-workers and asked them to leave because there was a church youth group due soon and if the pace continued, there would be no chicken for them.  They may have eventually been single-handedly responsible for the demise of Po Folks.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, deerslayer said:

We had two animals (for lack of a better term) at work who got kicked out of the Po Folks on Summer Ave.  I’ve never seen humans eat like those two.  Po Folks had an all-you-can-eat chicken special and after an hour or so, refunded my two co-workers and asked them to leave because there was a church youth group due soon and if the pace continued, there would be no chicken for them.  

I had buddies who would go to Shoney's all you can eat breakfast and sit all day so they rolled into lunch. Speaking of all you can eat. I sure do miss the all you can eat ribeye

mlgjjDgx-ysZIQLvCiQInqbctSS8yj96-D0jScgf

On 2/1/2024 at 8:06 AM, gregintenn said:

IMG_0433.thumb.png.f039081db8fc4a8578c229df7188bb19.png

If a high school kid had to use these for a summer job now, most wouldn't last long.   I preferred using the above but sometimes  the crop owners I worked for insisted this was the best way.

YbRAerz.jpg

• Like 1

The only knives we had were like the top picture and the spears were galvanized sheet metal rolled into a cone. The worst part was hanging tobacco in the barn.

It’s been about 50 years since I worked in tobacco. My memory isn’t that good but I still remember that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gary_boom said:

The only knives we had were like the top picture and the spears were galvanized sheet metal rolled into a cone. The worst part was hanging tobacco in the barn.

It’s been about 50 years since I worked in tobacco. My memory isn’t that good but I still remember that.

You could always tell who cut tobacco in HS, we'd come to school w/ matching stained hands. LOL

• Like 1