Milk and bread folks, milk and bread!!!!!!!

'Twas the first thing cleared from the shelves when I worked at a grocery and we had a forecast like this. :panic:

Stay warm everybody. The next couple of days don't sound like too much fun.

Quite the contrary...being a damn yankee who has seen more than his fair share of snow in his life (including a lifetime's worth in one winter in Chicago) I love it when it get's cold and here and we get a little snow on the ground. Watching all people try to drive around is very entertaining. ;)

I heard two guys talking at my local Wally. Seems the government is talking of a ban on evil black dairy products and high capacity egg magazines. There is already a shortage here of the cartons of 2 dozen eggs, all the government will let us have is the 1 dozen. Better buy up all you can get! We will all be paying double on grocerieslist.com

Guest RebelCowboySnB

Quite the contrary...being a damn yankee who has seen more than his fair share of snow in his life (including a lifetime's worth in one winter in Chicago) I love it when it get's cold and here and we get a little snow on the ground. Watching all people try to drive around is very entertaining. ;)

Yankees are the ones I always find in ditches. Most southerners stay home if they can. When you go an yank people out of the ditch you find that most of them are from up north. Probably about 10% people out playing, 30% people that had to drive an 60% northerners.

My brother graduated NADC in 1997. As I understand it the yankee in the class that talked about how we could not drive in the snow was the only one that could not get to class in the snow storm that year.

Yeah, we do three gallons on a regular week.  Sometimes more :stunned:

3 under 3yo and me basically living on milk makes 3 gallons last 4 days, less if I have a healthy supply of oreos. we usually pick up 6 gallons a week. I have 4 in the fridge today so we should be ok.

Edited by LI0NSFAN
Guest Lester Weevils

Got corn meal, flour, venison, pork, potatos, onions,and pinto beans. There's kerosene for the lanterns, 2 decks of cards and a monopoly game. We're ready as we can get.

Dang, thought my end of the world supplies were finally complete, but forgot the monopoly game! Arrrgh!

See, this is why you think ahead and don't wait for the talking heads to tell you to stock up. Or even better, to remain stocked at all times... bah, it's only two or three days.

It was 80 degrees today here in central Florida. On Tuesday we are actually getting a "cold" front. The high/low is 47/37 which is the coldest it's been in the 2 years I've been down here. I fully expect the people here will bundle up as if it's -20

[quote name="Garufa" post="1089863" timestamp="1388964419"]It's something like 58 in Knoxville and I'm still wearing shorts. When's this "polar vortex" supposed to hit?[/quote] Supposed to get colder all night and all day tomorrow. High tomorrow is 13 and the low is -1. Oh well. Work will go on I guess Tapatalk ate my spelling.

[quote name="Garufa" post="1089863" timestamp="1388964419"]It's something like 58 in Knoxville and I'm still wearing shorts. When's this "polar vortex" supposed to hit?[/quote] [URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/1560A9C8-798C-4B3F-A49A-99151C31AD3D_zpspp48pt1z.png.html]1560A9C8-798C-4B3F-A49A-99151C31AD3D_zps[/URL]

I got dog food, a new battery on the generator and a few gallons of gas during the last week.  If the roads aren't bad in the morning, I'm headed to Atlanta and then Nashville for the next few days.  My manager will tell me to work from home untill the roads are safe.  This may be a good time to spend a few hours at the indoor range.

In 2 hours here, it went from 51deg to 33deg.  wow.

That's a crazy drop in temp! I know it was raining here in Smyrna one minute, went to let the dog out the next and it was sleet. I was taking a drink of sweet tea as my wife asked in a pretty loud, worried voice "Oh my God, what are we going to do without any Epsom Salt!? We won't be able to get down the stairs!!!" I spit tea all over the coffee table!!!  :rofl:  I said "You mean ALL two of those steps out front???" 

• Like 1