So I guess Target is out!

on the news this morning they didn't say it was an all out ban.  They just ask people to not bring them.  as long as there are no signs it is only a request.

However I am sure that ever so helpful gun group that keep protesting by open carrying to Star Bucks will get involved and get target to put up signs.

Statement from Open Carry Texas on Target's decision:

While this is not a ban on legally possessed firearms in its stores, we will continue to honor our months long policy of not taking long arms into Target stores or any other business, time and time again, businesses that have asked guests not to bring legally possessed, self defense firearms into their establishments have seen their employees and customers victimized by criminals preying on the openly defenseless.

Open Carry Texas is laser focused on our statewide goals of making Texas the 45th state to recognize the right to openly carry firearms and the 32nd to do so without a licensing requirement. Engaging in the businesses of interfering with or making a scene at private corporations is something to which Open Carry Texas has never lowered itself, a practice we will maintain.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/robert-farago/open-carry-texas-responds-targets-gun-ban/

Edited by daddyo
No one wants their business to be used as a soapbox for someone else's political agenda. Target made the intelligent choice based off of the available options others pushed them into.

If these dirtbags came in my business I would throw them out at gunpoint.  These people are rabble, they are not NRA members or members of any community that I would choose to associate with.  This is "Open Carry Texas" at a Target store in Texas.

Looking at the obama tee shirt and package of oreos he is holding up to make a political statement, this guy and his cohorts are from bloomberg, brady or organizing for america. Maybe ACORN.

Target bases it's business on soccer moms.  Soccer moms do not know or care what your gun rights are and are frightened when scum like this in the photo parade around a store they are shopping in.  Soccer moms WILL vote for any politician who promises to "protect" them from evil looking men carrying evil looking rifles.

To preserve our gun rights, do not provoke the soccer moms or retailers in their stores.  Carry discretely and politely.  Do not be one of the reasons that our rights are being stripped away from us.

Anybody remember a tool named embody or emboy or something like that going around Nashville a couple of years ago provoking park rangers and police by openly carrying?  He and Open Carry Texas are more dangerous to your rights than the brady idiots.

A lot of critical thinking and situational awareness are in order.  

occupt_zpsf6476007.jpg

Edited by jaysouth
  • Like 2

Looking at the obama tee shirt and package of oreos he is holding up to make a political statement, this guy and his cohorts are from bloomberg, brady or organizing for america. Maybe ACORN.

occupt_zpsf6476007.jpg

It's not an Obama shirt, it's joke shirt, parody on BHO logo .. says "hope for bacon" (the stripes in the logo represent bacon strips)

What political statement does a bag of Oreos represent?

open-carry-target-1.jpg?w=770

hope-for-bacon-obama-t-shirt-5.jpg

Another version:

s.gifhope_bacon_shirt-rc32fdc47806940e08eb728

s.gifs.gif

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I can see from targets view points of those photos. Sure, carrying a sidearm is one thing, but when I walk into a store with an FAL (if it was me) loaded for bear, it might make people scared. I think is funny how all the PRO second amendment guys out there are doing all these things wrong and only making it worse for the rest of us.  

What political statement does a bag of Oreos represent?

Uh....Dear Leader is black on the outside, white on the inside?  No, that can't be it.  How about he's sweet on Nabisco?  Naw, too capitalistic. To paraphrase Freud, sometimes an Oreo is just an Oreo.

Edited by gun sane
  • Like 1

Well, Mrs. Daddyo likes to go there sometimes. They've never had much that interests me. I just go mainly as her bodyguard. I did find me a good deal there once on a Black and Decker cordless drill that had two other attachments. It was the only one left and it scanned at $20, so I went ahead and bought it. When I got home later, I looked it up on line and it had an SRP of $119.99. Target must've had it in their system wrong.

Best deal I ever got on anything ever.

Well once those open carrying are done with Target they will move onto another retailer and the next retailer might just ban us. Personally I will be writing Target and thanking them for their stance because even though I do not shop there by not banning firearms on their property they are at least not against us.

• Like 3

Well once those open carrying are done with Target they will move onto another retailer and the next retailer might just ban us. Personally I will be writing Target and thanking them for their stance because even though I do not shop there by not banning firearms on their property they are at least not against us.

I'm still not so sure that a lot of these OC Morons are actually planted there by Pipsqueaks and Mommies Against Icky Guns. If that's the case, they're not morons. They're highly effective. I wouldn't put it past the man with the tiny one, or his Mommies.

• Like 2

Well, Mrs. Daddyo likes to go there sometimes. They've never had much that interests me. I just go mainly as her bodyguard. I did find me a good deal there once on a Black and Decker cordless drill that had two other attachments. It was the only one left and it scanned at $20, so I went ahead and bought it. When I got home later, I looked it up on line and it had an SRP of $119.99. Target must've had it in their system wrong.

Best deal I ever got on anything ever.

Each day at target is a differnt department clearance day Old items/discontinued models/items removed from their catalog get marked wayyy down.Clearance starts at about 15% and can go as high as 90% - each 2-3 weeks sees the next price drop.

If you want to shop their clearance, or just know what day to hit the store to find markdowns here's a link. Most target's follow that schedule, afaik.

If you/your other half shops there semi-regularly - that site is frequented by some of the "ultra-couponers".

I learned about it on slickdeals.net - I don't shop at target, but was amazed at the organization of a site devoted just to target. Guess some people love their "french emporium".

• Like 1

It's hilarious how the over-zealous nutjobs on OUR side are causing us more trouble lately than the over-zeolous nutjobs on THEIR side. WTF good can come of toting rifles into a big box retail store to cause a scene...just because you can?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think these nut jobs are OUR people. I think they are anti’s using a different approach.

Kmart for Voldemort ! The target target has been squeezed at the sides to resemble a ____________.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

What ever happened with that idiot and his court case?