Two Officers Shot Last Night in Ferguson

Is it ironic that we hear folks complaining that they are targeted more than others for crimes. They have not id'd the shooter but I am willing to bet they are 'of color'.
With the big bad white sheriff stepping down they seem to think the crime stats of their people will drop. Unless the next guy looks the other way a crime is a crime.

And of course the protest organizer say's no shot's were fired from the grouping of protestors...and that the shot's were fired from a nearby hill...some 500+/- feet distant. Oh and nobody saw anything of course...BTW neither of the officers who were shot were Ferguson PD officers...  

• Moderators

Witnesses reported hearing as many as four shots and seeing the flash of a muzzle about 125 yards away from the police, but no arrests had been made as of Belmar's briefing. Police believe the shooter used a handgun, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/12/2-police-officers-reported-shot-outside-ferguson-police-department/

One and a quarter football fields away someone fires four shots from a handgun and hits two officers?

......... :waiting:

• Like 1

That can of worms will never get closed. Now with that said, as we have seen many times in the past when a shooter in a crowd of white folks like when George Wallace was shot and Reagan was shot and Bobby Kennedy was shot by men with pistols the crowds would jump on the shooter and overpower him and get him arrested. Funny how shots ring out from a crowd of African Americans at a target across the street and no on jumps on anyone, no one sees anything. It is like the 3 Monkeys, See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear no Evil.

That can of worms will never get closed. Now with that said, as we have seen many times in the past when a shooter in a crowd of white folks like when George Wallace was shot and Reagan was shot and Bobby Kennedy was shot by men with pistols the crowds would jump on the shooter and overpower him and get him arrested. Funny how shots ring out from a crowd of African Americans at a target across the street and no on jumps on anyone, no one sees anything. It is like the 3 Monkeys, See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear no Evil.

Sorry, but I have to call you on this one. No one said that the shot came from the crowd but rather from approximately 125 yards away. It's not likely that protestors are that far away. And although one could reasonable assume that the majority of protestors were black there are also whites in that group as well.

• Like 3
I'd bet it was a white person that shot them.
And 125 yds away with a handgun, my balls.

Now what if it was a black man with a legally purchased and owned AR? Targeting "racist, heavy-handed, dirty cops", seeking justice. Would the guy that lives in the White House come out and say there should be a ban? That'd be a conundrum, eh

Sorry, but I have to call you on this one. No one said that the shot came from the crowd but rather from approximately 125 yards away. It's not likely that protestors are that far away. And although one could reasonable assume that the majority of protestors were black there are also whites in that group as well.

You may be totally correct in all of this. They have not said what caliber of firearm was used but if in fact the shots were made from 125 yards away and it was said they heard 4 shots the hits would have been very lucky rather than skill in IMHO. Either way you can bet someone or more than one person in the crowd knows the shooter. Again..........JMHO

You may be totally correct in all of this. They have not said what caliber of firearm was used but if in fact the shots were made from 125 yards away and it was said they heard 4 shots the hits would have been very lucky rather than skill in IMHO. Either way you can bet someone or more than one person in the crowd knows the shooter. Again..........JMHO

Ok put your tin hats on, what if its "revealed" that it was a 5.56 shootin green tip out of a pistol with a Sig brace. :ugh:

Edited by Omega
  • Like 2

At least Micheal Brown's "parent's" released a statement condemning the act.  Why was it even necessary to report that.  It is completely irrelevant to the situation at hand. Even bringing the Brown's into this is just stirring the pot.

• Like 2

With the way officers are bunched up in that type of situation, they present themselves as an area target instead of individual point targets.  Would make it easier for a longer shot to result in a hit if they did fire from as far away as 125yds.

You guys are calling BS on a guy shooting at a group of cops 125yds away and having a 50% hit rate?

Not BS perse, but at 125 yards I would not be surprised, unless its a 5.56, that he may of intended to either hit the crowd or over everyones head.  The drop at that distance is considerable so he had to elevate his aim to lob it in if he meant to hit anyone, if not, then he elevated to hit above everyone not realising how much it would drop.

I like Phil Valentine's idea: close down the police department, move all the officers to some other town and let the citizens deal with it all themselves.
Parts of the community don't want the police there, give em what they want and let them sort it out themselves. Sooner or later it'll work itself out, won't it?
Law abiding citizens are free to leave town, everybody who wants the cops gone can have a town to do whatever they want in, no strings attached.
Oh, and have Sharpton pop in to live with em too... How long you think that would last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125 yds? heck, a 6" .44Mag will do that. And kill a deer.

Exactly. Also, I have read nothing that says it was a HANDGUN that was fired only muzzle flash. At 125 yards it's almost guaranteed to be a rifle. And 125 yards is an easy shot to hit a group of several men with a rifle.
  • Like 1

Exactly. Also, I have read nothing that says it was a HANDGUN that was fired only muzzle flash. At 125 yards it's almost guaranteed to be a rifle. And 125 yards is an easy shot to hit a group of several men with a rifle.

No, many news stations reported that it was a gun.  They have not said what caliber yet but I doubt it was a .44; seems that would of not stopped in the guys head.   At 125 yards, it was most likely a ball 9mm or .45 not a 5.56 or 30 cal type round due to the same reason above.