Another they shouldn't have shot him because......

ou812

I feel sad for the family members but...........

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/11/teen-burglary-suspect-killed-homeowner/

It's a shame when someone is shot to death, but my sadness is tempered by aggravation and maybe even anger when you read something like this.

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” said Harris. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

• Like 1

Well, when you are raised by government and basically taught there is no accountability for any action, everything is given to people and the culture around you is based on nothing but crime and corruption with no consequences in most ghetto homes, there you go. An entire subculture of takers is born and they can't differentiate between taking handouts or stealing from someone with more than them, or even less. 

GT you nailed it. :up:

I wish the causes listed by Gran Torino could be addressed so that Trevon isn't stealing and the home owner isn't losing what little she owns to a thief.  

One thing is for sure.  Our government has no idea how to address it.

Edited by Pete123
I agree the entitlement mentality that they have is spreading throughout the country like a cancer. Too many people think they don't have to work and if you work hard they are entitled to what you have earned. When it collapses these are the ones who will be dying off first.

Crap, his name did have to be Trevon didn't it? This is another one that has potential to start some crap, of course if he came after her violently it was justified but that wont matter to the BLM crowd. Also a big factor, really the main factor of what will come of this protest wise is what race the home owner is. If she's white then it's another Trevon Martin situation, Trevon was a little angle, wouldn't hurt anyone yada yada blaa blaa. They said there was a confrontation, that's the key to this story.

To be on the record, I will with hold my opinion weather or not she was justified in shooting him, with the story so far we don't know what the confrontation was or weather she could have avoided it or not.

Edited by K191145

In MY HOME uninvited-crawling out of MY WINDOW-give everything to a thug without reservation-Ya that is going to happen all right-NOT.I wonder how these useless snots would feel if things they worked for started leaving from their windows. This mentality has me bewildered-where does it start.I think part of the blame can be squarely placed in all of this PC crap going on these days.I say if your not willing to die for what your stealing-don't steal.

Honestly, when a family comes out after something like this and spouts things that basically say that it is okay for a person to go 'shopping' at someone else's house because that person was raised in the 'hood I do not feel a bit sorry for their loss.  "Where will he get money for clothes." etc.  Who cares?  Where the hell do these people think the homeowner got the money for the stuff he was there to steal - from a friggin' pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?  How is it that homeowner's responsibility to see that Trevon has clothes and so on?  Screw the lot of them.  Further, I don't feel a bit sorry for the dead guy, either, nor do I think his death is in any way a 'tragedy' or even a real loss.  Bottom line: thug broke into middle-aged lady's house, middle-aged lady decided not to be a victim, thug got dead and won't be breaking into any more homes.  The only sympathy I feel is for the homeowner who was dragged into this situation by the aforementioned thug.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 13

Not sure how Florida law treats things, but if this were Tennessee, the lady would have opened herself up to at least a civil suit since she wasn't in the home when the intruder was there, and actively went back after getting the alert.  If she shot him while she was outside, I'd go as far as to say this may well be an justified shoot, as I'm not seeing how her life was in danger when she pulled the trigger.  Might be the same if she saw him going out the window from the inside as well since she actively went back into the house.  Again, Florida law would need to be looked at, but if Zimmerman was put on trial for shooting in a fight, then it's quite possible that she could be charged for shooting someone without any immediate danger as the kid was leaving the scene.

As to the circumstances that led to this kid engaging in, at a minimum, breaking and entering...desperate people will do desperate things.  That's not excusing what he did, but it's important to remember that things aren't getting better for a lot of people, and criminal activity isn't hard to justify if you feel you have nothing left to lose, and a growing number of the population are reaching that level.

• Like 1

She said he was a student at D. A. Dorsey Technical College.

According to family members they stated "He had a future ahead of him. Trevon had goals… he was a funny guy, very big on education, loved learning.”

So this kid had all of this going for him and so smart yet he still felt he had to break into some ones home home and steal from them. They mentioned he loved learning. Well then he should have learned you don't break into someones home and steal from hem. His learning days are over.........jmho.

• Like 2

I agree the entitlement mentality that they have is spreading throughout the country like a cancer. Too many people think they don't have to work and if you work hard they are entitled to what you have earned. When it collapses these are the ones who will be dying off first.

What I hate about the sentence in blue is that the law of the jungle will take over.  They'll cause a lot of trouble until they come to break in houses from folks like us, at which point they will be dying off.

Not sure how Florida law treats things, but if this were Tennessee, the lady would have opened herself up to at least a civil suit since she wasn't in the home when the intruder was there, and actively went back after getting the alert. If she shot him while she was outside, I'd go as far as to say this may well be an justified shoot, as I'm not seeing how her life was in danger when she pulled the trigger. Might be the same if she saw him going out the window from the inside as well since she actively went back into the house. Again, Florida law would need to be looked at, but if Zimmerman was put on trial for shooting in a fight, then it's quite possible that she could be charged for shooting someone without any immediate danger as the kid was leaving the scene.

As to the circumstances that led to this kid engaging in, at a minimum, breaking and entering...desperate people will do desperate things. That's not excusing what he did, but it's important to remember that things aren't getting better for a lot of people, and criminal activity isn't hard to justify if you feel you have nothing left to lose, and a growing number of the population are reaching that level.

She went to check here house after the alarm system alerted her. She sees the criminal coming out and I'm sure had words, this then turned in to a confrontation. I'm sure the criminal had respect for the older than him woman, but it's likely he not only threatened her but went to attack her.

Some of this I read, some I assumed.

I think she should sue the punks family!
  • Like 2

Not sure how Florida law treats things, but if this were Tennessee, the lady would have opened herself up to at least a civil suit since she wasn't in the home when the intruder was there, and actively went back after getting the alert.  If she shot him while she was outside, I'd go as far as to say this may well be an justified shoot, as I'm not seeing how her life was in danger when she pulled the trigger.  Might be the same if she saw him going out the window from the inside as well since she actively went back into the house.  Again, Florida law would need to be looked at, but if Zimmerman was put on trial for shooting in a fight, then it's quite possible that she could be charged for shooting someone without any immediate danger as the kid was leaving the scene.

As to the circumstances that led to this kid engaging in, at a minimum, breaking and entering...desperate people will do desperate things.  That's not excusing what he did, but it's important to remember that things aren't getting better for a lot of people, and criminal activity isn't hard to justify if you feel you have nothing left to lose, and a growing number of the population are reaching that level.

No way you could determine that her life was not in danger, the story said there was a confrontation, too few details to make a judgment, that's why the professionals are still investigating and have not made an official decision weather it was a good shoot or not. Also, a few weeks ago my brothers alarm service called me to inform me his alarm was going off, I jumped in my truck and got there as fast as I could, this time it was a false alarm and the deputy got there before I did but I went with the intention and my Glock to see what was going on. If the deputy wasn't there I planned to check it out myself, I would only do that if it's my or my family's property, and I do have one friend I would do that for but no one else. I don't plan to shoot some unarmed burglar at a distance but he/she will probably know i'm there. As far as i'm concerned what they do then determines how I will act and I believe Tennessee law is on your side then and no, it's not just property it's my or my family's property that we earned so I will get involved and don't care who disagrees. If a thief wants to drop my stuff and leave I wont shoot him but it's all up to him/her at that point. There is a protection of property statement in Tennessee law in one of the codes.

Like I said I don't know what happened with the thief Trevon and the lady but the fact remains that if the thief Trevon didn't break into her home he would be alive so it is his actions that caused his death, not hers.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

Crap, his name did have to be Trevon didn't it? This is another one that has potential to start some crap, of course if he came after her violently it was justified but that wont matter to the BLM crowd. Also a big factor, really the main factor of what will come of this protest wise is what race the home owner is. If she's white then it's another Trevon Martin situation, Trevon was a little angle, wouldn't hurt anyone yada yada blaa blaa. They said there was a confrontation, that's the key to this story.

To be on the record, I will with hold my opinion weather or not she was justified in shooting him, with the story so far we don't know what the confrontation was or weather she could have avoided it or not.

I doubt any "crap" will be started by BLM... since it appears that the homeowner and the burglar were of the same race. All you'll get is SILENCE from BLM on this one... no white people to protest against, more importantly, nothing for the mainstream media to exploit.

• Like 1

The thing I want to know is exactly at what point, and where did she see the kid, and what exactly transpired (the 2nd part will be incomplete without more witnesses, probably).  Since the alarm alert came to her, and the police were on the way, she probably should have waited for the police to handle things, or at least clear the home to let her know it was empty.  When a 50something female decides to check things out, she all but put herself into a situation where her only option for self defense is lethal.  While I agree she has the right to defend her life, I would submit that she is culpable for putting herself into a situation she may well didn't have to be in.

In the big picture, what I'm worried about is people stretching "stand your ground" into some vigilante version of "movement to contact."  Basically, if you wouldn't do something without a gun, why would you think it's okay to do so with a gun?  Aside from the obvious issues of untrained, non-LEO personnel putting themselves into those kinds of situations, it's a fast way for those indifferent, or on the fence about gun rights to think the liberal side of things is the more relevant argument.

She went to check here house after the alarm system alerted her. She sees the criminal coming out and I'm sure had words, this then turned in to a confrontation. I'm sure the criminal had respect for the older than him woman, but it's likely he not only threatened her but went to attack her.

Some of this I read, some I assumed.

"Confrontation" is a wide spectrum.  Assuming it escalated to the point of life endangerment is assuming a lot.

No way you could determine that her life was not in danger, the story said there was a confrontation, too few details to make a judgment, that's why the professionals are still investigating and have not made an official decision weather it was a good shoot or not.

I wasn't making a judgement, just pointing out there are inconsistencies against a clear case for self-defense that I could see.  As noted above, there is are a few things I'm wondering about just where the confrontation was for starters.