DaveTN

Sellier & Bellot Rifle ammo any good?

I’m looking for 243 ammo. The price of Sellier & Bellot is pretty low. Is it any good for range use?

Don’t have too much experience with S&B rifle ammo but if the quality of their handgun ammo is an indicator I would say give it a try.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Don’t have too much experience with S&B rifle ammo but if the quality of their handgun ammo is an indicator I would say give it a try.

Same here. 

I’ve been happy with their .223Rem for AR range ammo. Runs cleaner than American Eagle. Seems to be loaded pretty warm as well.

And like others, I’ve been happy with their pistol ammo.

I've shot plenty of it over the years.

It wouldn't be my first choice if something equivalent was available at the same price - but as I sit here and think about it, I don't have any reasonable basis for that.

At one point I had thousands of pieces of new primed S&B brass that I worked my way through.  I don't remember a single failure.

Never used any S&B rifle rounds, but I can truthfully say I've shot thousands of rounds of S&B pistol in 9/40/45 without a problem...ever. I will buy it over many others when I find it at case lot prices.

I have bought their 7.62x54R in the past to get the brass before Graf got their first boxer brass . It was very reliable and shot to POA (100 yds ) in my Finn's on the lowest sight setting , only had to do front sight windage to use a dead center hold . 

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Southgate

I have shot plenty of 8mm Mauser and 9.3x62 S&B and it is far superior to Privi and PPU. 

I shot a lot of their handgun ammo back in the 90s it always performed well. The only issue I had was the primer pockets on the brass was a hair tighter than other brands when I reloaded them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2017 at 3:05 PM, Oh Shoot said:

They haven't made it for almost 200 years by making crap ammo.

- OS

Like OH SHOOT said;

its Really Good Ammo, they have been in Business for almost 2 Hundreds Years!!! They have Learned How to make Quality Ammo!

Edited by Tooreal
Spell check is No Good!