Didnt see this coming!!

Dustbuster

7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Please show us how gender and sex differ.

They make it up as they go, but here is the MW definitions and usage.  Us middle aged old cantankerous men are just too ignorant to understand the complexities of these things I suppose. 

As I have said before, now everyone has to be special (in their own mind). 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender#usage-1

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Please show us how gender and sex differ.

It’s probably best you don’t know.  I googled it and it’s ridiculous.  

Might have to pull out some real, printed dictionaries this weekend to see what it used to mean.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

These definitions also & often get muddied by 'sexuality', which is an entirely different barrel of monkeys that I, frankly, don't want to start an argument over with folks I admire & respect. 

Yeah but you’re on TGO.   These aren’t the folks you admire and respect but rather the barrel of monkeys.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I simply don't care what people call themselves. Am I going to list my pronouns in my email signature at work? Absolutely not. 

If you haven't watched Chappelle's latest Netflix skit on the subject it's worth a watch. 

Coolest job interview I've ever had to do was with a young person, a couple of years ago. The Wife, staff & I couldn't honestly figure out whether I would be talking to a masculine girl, or a feminine boy. A more androgynous person I've never met in my life. I actually blurted out, during the interview "What are you?! Sorry, sorry... what's your preferred pronoun?" The answer I got was "I don't give a sh*t. My name's Andi, with an 'I' "

I ended up hiring someone more experienced, but to this day I still don't have a clue! Hands down one of the coolest people I've ever met! 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

Coolest job interview I've ever had to do was with a young person, a couple of years ago. The Wife, staff & I couldn't honestly figure out whether I would be talking to a masculine girl, or a feminine boy. A more androgynous person I've never met in my life. I actually blurted out, during the interview "What are you?! Sorry, sorry... what's your preferred pronoun?" The answer I got was "I don't give a sh*t. My name's Andi, with an 'I' "

I ended up hiring someone more experienced, but to this day I still don't have a clue! Hands down one of the coolest people I've ever met! 

Well it seemed very polite and well spoken  on a job interview wow

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

0B55B061-C356-4059-B52E-C71F6C5B2B00.jpeg.c09b9431cbb51de809153ff959b15b0f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
30 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

Well it seemed very polite and well spoken  on a job interview wow

We basically drag sh*t out of dog hair for a living & scrape it up out of the grass in their runs. Fortune 500 we ain't.

Also, I use the Eff word like it's punctuation. Have done since I was a kid. I don't become someone else during interviews or on the job (When customers aren't around. Unless I'm really familiar with them. Or they look cool. Or I'm in a bad mood. Or hung over. Or still drunk. Or think I could take them in a fight. Or I gave up caring several hours before they showed up 2 hours late for their appointment......) and I like to know potential employees are cool with it. Once we have a bit of rapport going, the fact they feel comfortable enough to throw one back at me tells me a lot about them & gives me a far better indication of how they are as a person, than what they scored on their SATs. 😁

Edited by Handsome Rob

I always wonder why they need to know sex and race on the form at all. Seems like profiling. Of course I also wonder why we need the form at all, especially for those of us that already went through background checks to get a carry permit.

• Like 7

I don't have a problem with gay people. I've know both gay men and women in my time and frankly its never been a problem

What does bother me is these non-binary azzholes who want to make a big deal out of of it and expect special treatment or consideration for it. Being different does NOT make you special. 

If you aren't sure, take a quick peak in your pants, mark the appropriate box and STFU.  🤬

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Handsome Rob said:

😁

FB_IMG_1635505856790.jpg

"Just find a hole and hope for the best" .... My pronouns are backing up and my participle hasn't dangled right for a week, but at least the oppression I feel now isn't from the authoritarian death-grip of traditional science.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I worked with a gay guy for 3 years. Very few people knew he was gay. One day a flamboyant guy man walked in. My coworker went off. Mad as hell. I asked him what was wrong.  His response confused my 18 year old self. He said "I hate faggs". My response was basically....you have a boyfriend so.....that's when I learned things were more complicated than I thought. He explained the difference between a gay man and a man that happens to be gay.

• Administrator

In all seriousness, 4473 does still ask if you've ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR ever committed to a mental institution.  There is no way I would answer anything other than what my genetic "assigned" gender was on a form like this.  They ask these questions for a reason.

I'd give no reason, other than being a gun owner in the first place, 10- 20- 30- 50- years from now when our government is even more of a sh#tshow than it is now for them to send the gestapo to my house to round me up and send me to the work camps.

image.png

On 10/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, Handsome Rob said:

I have zero problem with folks identifying their gender however they see fit, feel or self identify. I don't care where you put whatever part of you, in whomsoever you choose to put it, as long as they're on board. 

Until a tranny wants to use the women's restroom somewhere. Or a changing room at a local gym. All that opens up a huge can of worms, IMO. 

I don't believe anyone with a weiner should be in a women's restroom or changing room. I don't care what they're wearing or how they think. What they do in their private lives is their business & I could care less.