Snow

3 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I'll take snow over a tornado any day ! 

Amen to that!!

I work from home, we stay stocked up on groceries, and don't have to be back at church until Wednesday, so the snow can come or go, I don't care.

• Like 2

I remember working at a grocery store in high school. I always found it odd that the store was dead until it started snowing. Then business picked up. Then, the worse it got, the more crowded the store became. People kept coming until it stopped, then it was dead again.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, tercel89 said:

I never go to Walmart if I can help it except for engine oil and HVAC filters. I was there yesterday and people were buying small electric heaters like they were going out of style ! 

According to the news, it’s never been cold here before.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I remember working at a grocery store in high school. I always found it odd that the store was dead until it started snowing. Then business picked up. Then, the worse it got, the more crowded the store became. People kept coming until it stopped, then it was dead again.

I worked in a grocery store from 1989 until 1997. I was in the dairy department. When it snowed I never had to worry about rotating the milk to get the later dates in the back. Customers were grabbing milk like mad . 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I worked at Kroger in Shelbyville my senior year. I remember them rolling all the milk carts out onto the floor and letting customers get their own once because they were selling so fast we couldn't keep the cooler stocked. It was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I never go to Walmart if I can help it except for engine oil and HVAC filters. I was there yesterday and people were buying small electric heaters like they were going out of style ! 

So when the heat goes out they can plug in the electric heaters.  🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Can confirm. Stopped at Walmart to grab produce. Bread aisle wiped out. Heard the complaint “all they have is this weird $6 a loaf fancy crap”. 

Did not check on milk. Was an absolute mob scene. 

• Like 1

Went to the local Ingles a couple hours ago, milk and bread sections were decimated.  Only milk left was the "skim milk", one guy picked up a gallon to put it in the buggy, the wife, ugh not skim milk, put it back.  LOL  The Family Dollar store had several gallon jugs of milk left, didn't look for anything else.  

57 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

So, you saw my wife.🙂 When she got home she said "Look what I got" and pulled out a heater. We already have as backup, two heaters, gas fireplace. and generator. I don't think she planning to get cold if we loose our electricity or HVAC units.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, -boatman- said:

So, you saw my wife.🙂 When she got home she said "Look what I got" and pulled out a heater. We already have as backup, two heaters, gas fireplace. and generator. I don't think she planning to get cold if we loose our electricity or HVAC units.

If y'all take Fairfield Pike in/out town, be careful. I always hated driving on that road when it's slippery.

20 minutes ago, peejman said:

I went in search of a sled this afternoon and came up empty. I thought about it a few days ago but didn't get one. The boys will have be satisfied with cardboard. 

Can wrap it in a contractor grade trash bag and duct tape. Maybe let them put their own duct tape/painters tape to personalize it. If you wanna be fancy can add an outdoor patio furniture pillow to make a captains chair. 

Top of a trash bin also works decent. As long as it doesn’t have one with a handle that snag, won’t be that much snow. 

• Like 1