Help Cheer Up One of Our Own...David.

Sidewinder

I feel for you David, I am glad to hear you were lucky enough and cared enough to have a little buddy that meant so much. I know what it's like and thank God for the pleasure of having the life lesson of a good dog.
Think of the good days brother!
I am overwhelmed I lost him yesterday and didn't know what to do
I have always said tgo is my extended family now I know it is
God has a plan for all of us sometimes its just hard to understand
thank all of you so much you have no idea what this means to me and my family
I am sure it will get better for me but I will never forget my little buddy Rocco
  • Like 2
Pets are great gifts from God, especially dogs. Always loyal and friendly, eager and playful, protective yet gentle, clever and hardworking, and giving unconditional love while expecting very little in return except basic food, water, and shelter. The only sad thing about them is that they don't live very long compared to humans, many of whom are much worse behaved than even the most troublesome pets. Losing a pet for many of us is like losing a family member, and I have often thought that their short lifespan might also be an intentional gift from God. While the loss of a pet is terribly difficult to accept, it does help us learn how to grieve and deal with such losses before we suffer even greater losses later in life. And while we don't get to keep our pets for too long, we do get the joy of adopting and raising multiple new pets numerous times during our lifetime. I firmly believe that looking into a loving dog's eyes is like looking into a small part of heaven, and that always reminds me that God is behind and inside of each and every one of these precious gifts.
  • Like 5
Seeing that we are all pet lovers here, I felt it would be appropriate to make a donation to the Freedom Farm Animal Sanctuary in Nashville, in memory of Rocco. They are a non-profit no-kill shelter specializing in rescues, especially dogs. I just donated $20 on Rocco's behalf, but they take any amount and it's only 1 click to give via PayPal. Here is the link if anyone wants to contribute as well: [URL]http://freedomfarm.net/donate/[/URL] Please note I am not affiliated with the shelter in any way, just thought it was the best thing to do considering that David (and Sam) have done so much to help all of us here on TGO, giving generously of their time and cutting prices to give us discounts and save hard to get items for us. Hopefully my small donation will help another great dog or pet like Rocco find another great home with a great owner like David.
  • Like 1
For as much as you cherished his friendship when he was alive, you can be certain that he cherished yours. I've had a couple of my canine friends pass over the years. I currently have one who is entering her sunset years. For as much as it hurts when they go, it makes me feel better that I gave them the quality of life and love they deserved. Not every dog gets to have that. I'm sure Rocco was grateful. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So sorry for your loss.  We had rescue dogs for the past 29 years. We have watched them come and 

pass on. Every single one of them is a lost friend. One thing I've found is a replacement buddy

will never replace one you lost but will add one more friend to share your life with.

This is a wonderful poem that might help. 

rainbow.jpg

Lp
  • Like 3

Nothing I can say could make a dent in the grief you're feeling, but I wish you the best and hope you have nothing but good memories.

I had to put down my 10 yr old dog last week. I doubt I'll ever get to a point where I smile at the joy she gave me without a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

David hang in there,

I lost one of my little girls earlier this year, miraculously she found her way home. I Hope and pray for the same for you.Anytime we give one of gods little creatures a good life its a wonderful thing, and all we can do is keep doing it, as you have, Prayers and thoughts are with you!

Edited by Dustbuster

the sad thing is I bought me a freightliner with a big sleeper to take Rocco with me all the time but he never got to ride in it

the sad thing is I bought me a freightliner with a big sleeper to take Rocco with me all the time but he never got to ride in it

I'm sure you have many pictures of Rocco. Just pick one and place it on the dash board and I promise you Rocco will be riding with you. Your love for him will have him there each time you climb in he will be climbing in with you............... :up: