Republican Wave

runco

Well, in this "red wave" the nation succeeded in throwing out a bunch of assholes with a D next to their names and elected a bunch of assholes with an R next to their names.

The status quo remains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So what's the alternative? Not every R is a rhino

My native homeland of West Virginia elected the first ever Woman Senator and the first GOP since the late 60's

I do to know anything about her really but the Dems in the state are losing their minds

That's crazy. I anyways assumed WV was extremely conservative.

Well, in this "red wave" the nation succeeded in throwing out a bunch of assholes with a D next to their names and elected a bunch of assholes with an R next to their names.

The status quo remains.

Yeah, I wish I believed something would actually change for the better.

• Like 7

That's crazy. I anyways assumed WV was extremely conservative.

Coal mining is such a huge industry that the unions have influenced most if the voting for decades. That and the whole Ohio river valley is industry and those are union jobs too.

Most West Virginians are conservative but were often campaigned against by "preserve you're union wages" type of politics.
  • Authorized Vendor

The status quo remains.

Sadly I agree. I mean I'm happy that the Obozo lover's were defeated and all but I'm not enthusiastic about the prospects that anything will significantly change for the  better. Republicans have been in charge before and they just pissed it away......just sayin'.

• Like 3

I don't see much difference between either party. They are all bought and paid for by the same corporate interests and are more interested in lining their pockets and promoting their image than in improving the lives of their constituents. There are individuals on both sides that may have good intentions, but.... I have little faith in any of them as a group to act in the best interest of the people.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The status quo remains.

Hitler was an asshole, and so am I. The quality of our assholes just improved. Cheer up :)

• Like 9

Personally I think the CT vote was important since they enacted the consfication/instant felon law. However I think they planned the backlash. 

Such a shame!

Extended voter registration deadline

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?Q=513106&A=4010

New voters

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/93a28108510e45ffb12c3a259973f5c4/CT--Voter-Registration

Same day registration

http://www.demos.org/press-release/ct-passes-election-day-and-online-voter-registration

Rob Maness got 14% of the votes and ran as a Tea party Republican, I would bet there's enough votes to unseat Landrieu, Cassidy wont need that many plus Landrieu wont gain hardly any more votes. If conservatives feel the same way about her as I do, and i'm not from Louisana, then she will finally be sent packing in December. That comment about the south, and we all know she means "white southern males" really shows what a bigoted sanctimonious person she really is, and un-appreciative to her voters. Does she really think she got elected with only black and female votes the first time?

Landrieu has won 2 of her three prior Senate races through run-offs.  I'm not saying I think she wins, but I'm not counting her out in the least.

The fact is, Bill Cassidy is an tool from a PR standpoint.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but comes across as somewhat aloof.  Rob Maness is the alpha male, in your face type that voters in Louisiana responded to.  He came from nowhere and took that 14% for a reason, he was a good candidate who knew how to engage voters, especially through social media.  Bill Cassidy was running on anti-Obama sentiment alone and letting the establishment carry his water more than anything.

In a run-off, I honestly don't know which side will get better turnout.  Now that the balance of the Senate is already decided, I think there will be people who aren't excited enough by Cassidy to come out and vote.  I'm just not sure if it's enough for Landrieu to sneak by.

Edited by btq96r

So, as an outsider that knows literally nothing about the minutiae of American politics, how will this Republican turnover affect the country in general?

Just some more gridlock.  There will only be one year of actual legislative activity, then we have the Presidential primaries to suffer through and things will slow down in the House and Senate.

Expect some bills with the Republican agenda to be sent to the President so he will be dared to veto them.  If they send the Keystone Pipeline bill to him sooner rather than later, he signs it so the environmentalists have a while to get over the butt-hurt.  Not one federal judge will get confirmed to the circuit or appeals courts.  The Attorney General confirmation hearings will be a public trial over the last 6 years of Justice Department activity.  The real fights will be over the debt ceiling raises and budget cycles.

But the Republicans have to get their own house in order first.  Mitch McConnell will have his hands full keeping the "tea-party" wing of his majority under thumb.  Ted Cruz won't say if he supports McConnell for Majority Leader.  I think that's a tactic to get McConnell to make promises on the agenda in return for his public support.  We'll see how far he wants to push it.

This comment from the man who would not let a bill from the house get a vote in the senate made my blood boil:

For his part, outgoing Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid said he is willing to work across the aisle. “I look forward to working with Senator McConnell to get things done for the middle class," he said in a statement Tuesday night.

Yeah right, funny how circumstances changes things but I don't believe it for a minute.

One of the few downsides, Hickenlooper barely held on as Gov of Colorado. On the other hand incumbent Dem US Senator Udall was ousted. On the other other hand, the two State Senators that were installed in the recall elections both lost to libs. Bizarre mix out there.

- OS

Ultimately, I am expecting very little improvement nationally with the Republicans winning the Senate and picking up seats in the house.  Obama will veto anything truly good and frankly, if they send him any bills he won't veto we would probably be better off if he did veto them. Further, he'll continue to ignore the Constitution and the laws of the land just as he's been doing because I don't see enough men and women with the backbone to take him on with the remedies allowed for in the Constitution.

I would say that these next two years could be the most dangerous to the country we've ever faced and while I'm happy that last night's wins for Republicans and believe that is may slow down the fall over the cliff I am as convinced as ever that nothing short of a Constitutional Convention can actually put the country back on the right path.

• Like 1

....I am as convinced as ever that nothing short of a Constitutional Convention can actually put the country back on the right path.

Yeah, we could add an amendment that says all the other ones must actually be taken seriously and all.

- OS

• Like 2

So, as an outsider that knows literally nothing about the minutiae of American politics, how will this Republican turnover affect the country in general?

It won't. they'll all put on a show at capitol hill, and go get drunk together at night. Business as usual. In two more years, the American people iwll be pissed off at the Republicans and vote Democrat again. It's a never ending cycle. The only real losers are the taxpayers.

As long as you don't have a dem or rep majority in ther house, senate, and presidency at once, nothing much will get done. On the odd occasion this does happen, bad things get done.

• Like 2

Well, I am glad to see that the American people have finally decided that they don't like all that change Obama has provided and decided to elect people that have the ability to change his change. Now the issue is getting them to do it. They made a bunch of big promises of things they will do if they can get the Senate and Keep the House. Well they got both and it was because of the voters telling them what they want. Now it s time to let them know right from the get go that we expect to see them with their noses to the grind stone and that we will be watching. We gave you what you ask for. Now get your Elephant asses and start earning your keep...............jmho

• Like 1