I think this would be hilarious

So we recently got a new mattress. Our old mattress is a memory foam mattress. My wife cut it in half to make it more manageable for her and that is when inspiration hit.

So I was thinking I would cut the mattress into the shape of a body, dress it in clothes with a burlap sack over the head and then wrap it in sheets. And then cover the "body" in trash bags and then seal it all up with duct tape. It would probably weigh 100 pounds but if I added some liquid, red liquid, I think it would be a similar weight as a real body. And once wrapped up I believe it would look, and feel, the part.

I mentioned putting it out at the curb for our regular trash guy but I think leaving it anonymously at the dump would be better.

For bonus points I would throw a handful of empty casings and use a realistic Halloween mask under the burlap sack covering the head.

So what kind of trouble would I get into? And if anyone else wants to do it you are more than welcome to the old mattress until Junk-B-Gone comes and gets it in a few days.

I think it would be absolutely hilarious but the wife thinks it would be a very bad thing. So what does everyone else think?

In high school a buddy of mine and me make up a dummy. We sewed socks, pants, gloves and shirt together then stuffed it with torn up old clothes. We used a yellow Styrofoam ball for a head and we drew a smiley face on it. We started by closing his hand in the door then turning his face to look out. That was fun then we it would be more fin to strap him to the hood of tmy car then went driving around the local hang outs. We would randomly lock the brakes up and squeal the tires and people would look around to see a body on a car just as we would take off. At about 55 mph one arm would fly up form the wind and tap on the window. Good thing there weren't cell phones back then or we would have been thrown in jail.

We were out night fishing where we shouldn't have been. The police showed up and were looing into my car, the car with a crumpled up body in the back seat. They started hammering on the windows to try to wake the dummy up. After a few minutes the started looking for us and made us come back to the car. They said it si against the law to have  body in the car. I told him it was a dummy and he didn't believe me so I opened my car. He grabbed it and then figured it was a dummy.

The end was when we were going across post to get home from picking up pizza. Some MP's pulled us over right in from of the main PX and had us turn in to the parking lot. There was a constant flow of cars as the MPs did there thing. As they were pulling us over they called it out over the radio and it was strange enough more MPs showed up. The ones that pulled us over thought it was funny and we were chatting eating pizza together. Then one of them mentioned a name of someone responding and they said he was as uptight and freaked out easily. So they concocted a plan for when he arrived. At the uptight MP got out of his car one of the first MPs picked up the dummy and slammed it on the ground. The uptight MP started freaking out but almost lost his mind when the second MP kicked the dummy's head clean off. I was laughing so hard at them but what was even funnier is seeing shoppers reaction as a head went bouncing across the parking lot.

If I see the picture again I will scan it in for all to see. He had a name but I cannot remember for the life of me.

As a guy who loves to joke around and pull pranks,   I will have to say it would probably be best to shy away from this temptation.   It has to the potential to go bad in a hurry.  

Every now and then I give in to poor judgement and get burned.   Someone who has certain areas of  justified sensitivity looses it over my lack of judgement,  even though I had no way of knowing they were sensitive in that area to begin with.   

Here's a couple of  "what if's".    What if the person who finds the "body"  has had a loved one murdered?   What if the cop who has to check it out has responded to his share of bodies?  On and on it can go.   

The nature of this prank could be really funny...  or it could go really bad.   To me,  this one is just not worth it.  

I hope you will understand where I am coming from.    I mean no disrespect or ill will in my thoughts.  

We lynched a dummy in the oak tree by my uncle's barn one October night, long ago. Really looked convincing, too; hanging there in the fog next morning.

As we were admiring our handiwork, a neighbor drove by, and said, "They'll put you in jail for that!" He was laughing his head off.

In college we hung a dummy by one of the class room buildings, with a teacher's name on it that we didn't like at Halloween. Then on Halloween night we took it down and one of the crew dressed up in the dummy suit with sign and laid on his porch and we knocked on the door and ran. When he opened it and started cursing, the dummy jumped up and ran off. Was funny at the time.