Jump to content

Jill Biden has covid


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

We really should find another name for not actual medical doctors. Calling a PhD or and Ed.D “doctor” has never struck me as sensible. 

Most PhD's I know just go by their first name. At a profession formal meeting, conference, etc., they might get introduced as "Dr" but they sure don't insist on others using the title. Outside of their professional setting, no one uses it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bubbadavis said:

Most PhD's I know just go by their first name. At a profession formal meeting, conference, etc., they might get introduced as "Dr" but they sure don't insist on others using the title. Outside of their professional setting, no one uses it. 

I’ve met a few who do. They’re not people you want to meet, but it was a great red flag before folks started putting pronouns in their bio. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I’ve met more than my share of them that almost demand to be called Doctor. Damn they’re fun to mess with. I’ve asked many of them to check my pulse to see if it seems right to them. I was an EMT for 12 years and could always come up with a new ailment. My God the looks they would give me. Priceless! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, derf said:

I’ve met more than my share of them that almost demand to be called Doctor. Damn they’re fun to mess with. I’ve asked many of them to check my pulse to see if it seems right to them. I was an EMT for 12 years and could always come up with a new ailment. My God the looks they would give me. Priceless! 

I'm always down to play a good game of "who can be more pretentious".

I usually make it a habit of calling newly minted PhDs "Dr" at least once; then it's back to normal. If they want more than that, they need to find new friends.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bubbadavis said:

Most PhD's I know just go by their first name. At a profession formal meeting, conference, etc., they might get introduced as "Dr" but they sure don't insist on others using the title. Outside of their professional setting, no one uses it. 

I agree. Most that I meet insists they be called by their first names. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

My niece married a guy whose last name is Love. Last year he got his doctorate in education. Whenever he shows up around here, some of the kids always have the Kiss song “DR Love” cued up on their phone and ready to play as he walks in.


In other news, it appears the vaccine is really working swimmingly.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

But the shots helped them have a milder case!

I got COVID in June and it was the most mild illness I've ever had. I only knew I had it because I tested myself after getting a mild fever. I've had hangovers worse than this. 

I can't prove the vaccine made my case mild but my gut says it did. 

I'm really not sure the point of this thread or why the people that are so against the vaccine seem to be so excited from the examples of vaccinated people testing positive. As if this somehow vindicates your decision. 

My non vaccinated friend got COVID a few weeks ago and was very ill.  Do you think I laughed at him and said "that's what you get"? No I didn't. 

I'm over this whole pandemic but it seems the people still talking about it the most are this crowd of supposed Christians getting joy from other people catching it. Y'all need to let it go. 

Not trying to single you out specifically @deerslayer, just noticing a theme with these threads about COVID and it's getting old. 

 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 3
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I got COVID in June and it was the most mild illness I've ever had. I only knew I had it because I tested myself after getting a mild fever. I've had hangovers worse than this. 

I can't prove the vaccine made my case mild but my gut says it did. 

I'm really not sure the point of this thread or why the people that are so against the vaccine seem to be so excited from the examples of vaccinated people testing positive. As if this somehow vindicates your decision. 

My non vaccinated friend got COVID a few weeks ago and was very ill.  Do you think I laughed at him and said "that's what you get"? No I didn't. 

I'm over this whole pandemic but it seems the people still talking about it the most are this crowd of supposed Christians getting joy from other people catching it. Y'all need to let it go. 

Not trying to single you out specifically @deerslayer, just noticing a theme with these threads about COVID and it's getting old. 

 

Off subject, but how do you guys know someone's a Christian? I'm no one. So is there a secret handshake or something? I guess I've never looked for signs. I have zero issues with someone having religion unless that religion tells them to kill me. Just curious. I hear this a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I got COVID in June and it was the most mild illness I've ever had. I only knew I had it because I tested myself after getting a mild fever. I've had hangovers worse than this. 

I can't prove the vaccine made my case mild but my gut says it did. 

I'm really not sure the point of this thread or why the people that are so against the vaccine seem to be so excited from the examples of vaccinated people testing positive. As if this somehow vindicates your decision. 

My non vaccinated friend got COVID a few weeks ago and was very ill.  Do you think I laughed at him and said "that's what you get"? No I didn't. 

I'm over this whole pandemic but it seems the people still talking about it the most are this crowd of supposed Christians getting joy from other people catching it. Y'all need to let it go. 

Not trying to single you out specifically @deerslayer, just noticing a theme with these threads about COVID and it's getting old. 

 

I had an extremely mild case of covid two or three months ago and I can 100% guarantee you the shot didn’t make it milder.  
 

I don’t know and have not heard anyone getting joy from a vaccinated person testing positive.  I have witnessed the opposite, however.  For the unvaccinated, it is quite ironic when those who got all their shots lecture us and wanted (still want?) to remove us from society still get the virus.  Which brings us to the riddle the Faucists have never answered - if you get the shot and the shot protects you, why do you care if somebody doesn’t get the shot?  

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Off subject, but how do you guys know someone's a Christian? I'm no one. So is there a secret handshake or something? I guess I've never looked for signs. I have zero issues with someone having religion unless that religion tells them to kill me. Just curious. I hear this a lot.

That is a loaded question.  
 

Short version, if you believe Christ died on the cross for your sins, you are a Christian. 
 

However just because you are a Christian, that does not mean you are necessarily a good person. All kinds of bad have been done in the name of Christ. 
 

To me it is pretty simple. Christ taught Love for your fellow man. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The “Golden Rule” our grandmothers taught. 
 

I suppose I could be wrong in my interpretation of what Christ wanted. But I follow my heart. Maybe I won’t go to heaven unless I spew hate and whatnot in the name of Christianity. However, if that is the case, I’m not sure that is a heaven I want to go to. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Off subject, but how do you guys know someone's a Christian? I'm no one. So is there a secret handshake or something? I guess I've never looked for signs. I have zero issues with someone having religion unless that religion tells them to kill me. Just curious. I hear this a lot.

People on this forum mention their faith often, then go on to show a complete lack of empathy and care for their fellow human. It's been like this the entire 10+ years I've been a member. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Christ taught Love for your fellow man. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The “Golden Rule” our grandmothers taught. 

I'm afraid that you are very out of date. For several decades now, the "Golden Rule" has been them that have the gold make the rules. This is how government has worked throughout at least my lifetime. 

I am a Christian. I try to live by God's word.  However, I readily admit that I'm not a particularly good one. I do have some rather un-christian moments from time to time. However, I make great effort to not be a hypocrite. To me, that's the worst sin of all. And many churches are filled with it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I had a friend at work who was a Doctor of Divinity. He preached on Sunday and worked a regular job during the week. I always made of point of calling him "Doctor" once or twice a day, and he always took it as I intended, in a good humor.  The MSM made quite a point of calling FLOTUS "Dr" during the runup to the election. I assumed just wanted they wanted me to assume for quite some time, that she was a medical doctor. I suspect that Jill Biden probably never made a big deal of her doctorate until it became politically expedient to do so, but I blame the MSM for it's failure to be clear from the get-go. 

Link to comment

I really miss the days when no one gave a chit what the rich people in DC did. Rich folks do what rich folks do. Don't, hasn't and will never matter , left or right. Not a thing that matters, EVER changes.  I'm not a racist unless politics is a ethnicity. It is weird now though. Used to at least truth mattered. Then the news became a business. Now we only hear what we want to hear. Only listen to people that eat out of the same dumpster that we do.  I wish we would STOP electing rich people. BUT......that cost money. We don't spend money on things that we need. OK OK my rant is over! Wish you the very best recovery Jill Biden. I would hate to see another American pass from a PREVENTABLE disease. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Snaveba said:

That is a loaded question.  
 

Short version, if you believe Christ died on the cross for your sins, you are a Christian. 
 

However just because you are a Christian, that does not mean you are necessarily a good person. All kinds of bad have been done in the name of Christ. 
 

To me it is pretty simple. Christ taught Love for your fellow man. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The “Golden Rule” our grandmothers taught. 
 

I suppose I could be wrong in my interpretation of what Christ wanted. But I follow my heart. Maybe I won’t go to heaven unless I spew hate and whatnot in the name of Christianity. However, if that is the case, I’m not sure that is a heaven I want to go to. 

Not really loaded. I think that non-Christians sometimes assume everyone they disagree with is a Christian. It's almost like a poke in the chest. A lot of Christians don't realize you can be a good moral person without being a Christian. I've never really understood why some people dislike Jewish people either. I've never met someone that was Jewish that I disliked as a person. However my morality may not be the norm for a Christian or non-Christian and that's okay with me. I will continue to treat people of faith with respect until that person proves to be unworthy of that respect. My Wife happens to be a Christian. I adore and admire her with all my heart, but I just can't believe what I don't believe and I do not have the right to demand She change her beliefs. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.