Giving Thanks

Thanks to God and modern medicine. Both are great, but very much so when the latter works in concert with prayer. Going to go thank God for Jesus, this morning, and thank Jesus for what He has done for all mankind.  Remembrance of Jesus is what Sundays are for. 

Glad your wife is much better "Luckyforward". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Garufa said:

Happy to hear they caught that and got it taken care of!

Also glad that I go to an excellent dentist every 6 months that might catch something like that.

That was the oddity in all of this.  Wife has seen a dentist twice a year for years.  As it occurred, the placement of this type of infection may not be caught by standard dental x-rays.  It did show on the CT scan.

• Wow 1
  • Admin Team

It’s amazing that this seems so out of place on 2023.  I’m so thankful for that - and it kind of serves as a reminder of how much things have changed and how quickly.  In our grandparent’s generation “dental infections” were a top 10 cause of death in the US.  

• Like 2

I have had knee replacement and must be very careful with dental visits. Take 4-500 Mg tablets of antibiotics every time I get my teeth cleaned or any dental work performed. Infect can migrate from mouth to the knee, and the knee joint will need to be removed to clear up the infection, so my Dr says. 

Glad she's headed in the right direction.  God is good!

A friend's mom nearly died and required open heart surgery because of a tooth infection. The infection got in her blood and ruined a heart valve, which had to be replaced. 

• Thanks 1

Tooth infections are no joke. I had a buddy who was diagnosed as diabetic awhile back. They put him on the meds but stil couldn't get his blood sugar under control. Turns out he actually had a really bad abscess with no pain. They pulled the tooth and presto... no more blood sugar issues.

1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

Tooth infections are no joke. I had a buddy who was diagnosed as diabetic awhile back. They put him on the meds but stil couldn't get his blood sugar under control. Turns out he actually had a really bad abscess with no pain. They pulled the tooth and presto... no more blood sugar issues.

There's a doctor who studied the correlation between keto and cholesterol who also found that a lot of high cholesterol can also be traced to inflammation from dental infections too. Weird how many things it can affect, huh?

5 hours ago, BigK said:

There's a doctor who studied the correlation between keto and cholesterol who also found that a lot of high cholesterol can also be traced to inflammation from dental infections too. Weird how many things it can affect, huh?

Wow . . . you just never know.  And my wife battles high cholesterol; for her family it's in the genes.

I thank God that you had Doctors with their eye on the ball.  I’ve seen a number of people die of septicemia that originated from atypical abscess & related etiology during my medical career.  It is one of the truly wonderful things about the age in which we live- our level of healthcare.  My Lovely wife of 5 years has been quadriplegic since ‘91.  When we met, she was using adaptive equipment to waterski, rock climb, kayak, and bicycle.  100 years ago, she would have died alone in a cold dark sanitarium and maladies like your wife just soldiered through would not have been survivable.  It can’t be said enough times in this life, again- Glory be to God.  Enjoy each day.