Israel Attacked (This will be interesting...)

I'm gonna preface this with I hope for no mercy on the Jihadists who made their strikes against civilians in contravention of every standard of decency the civilized world holds.

But this is a situation coming to a head.  You can't pen up a generation into an open air prison and not expect something.  The only thing shocking is the surprise and scope.  Palestinians have no hope beyond a bleak existence, and that's been weaponized by external and internal extremists.  When someone doesn't have a future, fighting or dying for one is an attractive enough option.

The current Israeli government wanted nothing to do with a peaceful solution because it has wasn't good politically.  Well, now they've lost their status quo and are being baited into an impossible position of having to prepetuiate as haunting a result as they received.  This part will be indirect as war often is to civilians as opposed to how Hamas went direct...but the end result will be civilians with no hope in the crossfire.  Even a military as well trained and well equipped as Israel has can't prevent the collateral damage coming while protecting their forces. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is Israel’s chickens coming home to roost. They created Hamas. (I don’t mean in an esoteric fashion like creating the general mood and circumstances in settlement policy, but directly by funding the organizations since the 70s that joined together and formed it in 87.) 

They now have their excuse to go through and commit genocide. I expect that Gaza will cease to exist as a Palestinian entity after this. Israel’s southern land grab will likely now become complete. They’ve been doing it piecemeal through the settlements, but now they can do it in one fell swoop. 

The modern day nation state of Israel has taken great advantage of the American evangelicals’ continued conflation with it and the biblical naming of God’s people as Israel. They’ve used this affinity borne of confusion to subvert our foreign policy to support those who are not true allies though they wear the masks of one. There is no special interest lobby even close to as powerful as the Israel lobby. They have done as much to bend American foreign policy to their will and against our actual interests far beyond even the House of Saud. 

So, it sounds like Israel had this coming then.

I see this a bit more simply.  This is another useless, futile war by a non favored Arab group tilting at a windmill. 

They were emboldened by the mullahs in Iran and were bought with American dollars.  They will ultimately pay the price the American plains Indian did for this trouble. 

The real " Head of the Snake " is Iran.   The sooner Iran is finished, the sooner this will calm down. 

I think think the mullahs are taking a big chance.  Israel's nukes work.  Iran just talks about working on em.  That should be very sobering to Iran .

leroy.

• Like 2

I'd rather have Israel in the Middle East than Hamas and the terrorist Palestinians. I hope Israel destroys them.

This isn't from a Biblical perspective. It's from knowing that Israel makes a better partner against terrorism and Muslim extremism than any one else in that neighborhood.

Now, thanks to the open-borders of the Biden administration, how many Hamas and other terrorists have waltzed through the friendly Southern Border and given warm reception by this administration and have been given free access to states and cities.

Wait until the bombs and shootings begin in American cities thanks to feel-good progressive politics and supporting administration.

Just think what Hamas could do with money from Iran - maybe part of that 6 billion released to Iran by Uncle Joe.

To think that the weakness of Biden and his administration had nothing to do with the attack from Hamas is naive at best.

Edited by crc4
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I naively thought back in 2000 that the beginning of the end of this problem was finally taking place.  Israel offered a two state solution that Arafat and the PLO had been yelling about for years and after some heming and hawing, Arafat rejected it.  It wasn't perfect, but it was far and away the best opportunity the Palestinians had ever received.  I think Arafat showed his hand (we will fight unless Israel doesn't exist).  After the deal fell apart, Arafat's popularity increased and Israel's president lost in the next election to a guy the Palestinians regarded as a war criminal.  That alone told me it was a good offer from Israel and the Palestinians were never serious.    

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

I wholeheartedly support Israel And moreover GOD supports them 

I don't know, Chucktshoes makes some solid arguments about how and why the Jews have it coming to them. I guess maybe they must be bad people...

23 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Reminds me of Oct 1973. I was a young troop in 2nd Armored at Ft. Hood when the Yom Kipper War started. We were on high alert, packed and ready to roll. Just waiting for the word to go. 
I wonder if our troops are on alert now? 

I was too!  We were told we were going.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, OMCHamlin said:

I don't know, Chucktshoes makes some solid arguments about how and why the Jews have it coming to them. I guess maybe they must be bad people...

I’m just able to understand the distinction between Israel of the Scriptures, the modern day apartheid state of Israel, and Jews, as a descriptor of people who hold a religion though made up of various cultural and ethnic backgrounds.

One of those three groups is a direct participant in creation of, and partly responsible for creating the situation going on today. 

Two of them are not, those some of the third will suffer the consequences as well.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, TennesseeCamper said:

Seems I remember the IDF kicked ass in the Yom Kipper War.  
Oddly enough the Egyptian  military considered that war a great military triumph and were hailed as heroes at home. 
I sat through a brief by Egyptian officers proudly presenting this point of view. 

I believe the IDF will handle their business. 
I do wonder if somehow Russia has some hand in encouraging this with their ally Iran. 

US and EU munitions stockpiles are getting low.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Defender said:

I was too!  We were told we were going.

Oh yeah, we thought we were going for sure. I was in an Air Defense unit. Chaparrals and Vulcans.  The battle plan called for Airborne units to secure an undisclosed airfield over there and we'd come in hot on their heels to set up an air defense perimeter. The whole of 2nd Armored would follow. We would have been the second American unit in. 

We were geared up and ready to roll. We were told 5 C5As out of San Antonio would be landing right about the time we arrived at the air field. We sat there sweating it out for about a week. But the Israelis kicked butt and we eventually stood down. I don't mind telling you, I was scared poopless. 

• Like 2

Israel isn't perfect. They've done some terrible things. But then so has the U.S. and just about every other country on Earth. But when you're faced with an enemy that won't settle for anything less than your total destruction, you do what you gotta do. 

Israel is our best ally in the Middle East. Yeah, its a rocky relationship at times. But the bottom line is that they and we need each other. We need to support them and whatever they feel they need to do to survive. 

The truth is that in the entire history of man, more wars have been fought and more people have died in the name of religion that any other cause. Christians are just as guilty as anybody else.

You can not reason with, you can not bargain with an enemy that truly believes that they're doing God's will and that God is on their side. The only choice you have is to completely destroy them before they destroy you. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Links2k said:

Good video but kind of all over the map. 
Lean manufacturing = Just in time delivery. 
Both concepts became popular after the Gulf War. DOD did away with the depot supply system and left us at the mercy of just in time supply chains. 
I think only thing I can say for sure from this is buy General Dynamics stock and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing now! 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

This is probably the most significant escalation in anyone under 50’s lifetime. The response is going to be overwhelming.

It’s mind boggling to comprehend how Mossad missed this.  I’ve got thoughts - but that’s for another thread.

I pray for the millions of people in Israel and Gaza that just want to live their lives in peace.

I also pray for the folks in Washington who are doing their dead level best to keep Tehran from getting nuked.

• Like 4

What should be remembered is that the IDF and Mossad will be killing Hamas and their supporters wherever they find them for years to come. Borders won't matter. Pleas for 'cessation of hostilities' won't matter. The perpetrators have become the new nazis and will be hunted down wherever they can be found. Good.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

You can not reason with, you can not bargain with an enemy that truly believes that they're doing God's will and that God is on their side. The only choice you have is to completely destroy them before they destroy you. 

It comes down to you believing in you God more than they believe in theirs.

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I also pray for the folks in Washington who are doing their dead level best to keep Tehran from getting nuked.

All the prays in the world are not going to stop that, wont happen today or next week, and sad as it is, it will happen, Heaven help us.

13 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Israel is our best ally in the Middle East. Yeah, its a rocky relationship at times. But the bottom line is that they and we need each other. We need to support them and whatever they feel they need to do to survive. 

For the life of me, on MANY levels, I have never understood why more people don't subscribe to that simple, yet irrefutable logic... Once you're sure, don't let them sit there next to you, like a festering cancer or a coiled copperhead... If you know, and you have the ability, ACT. Whatever Israel does in or to Gaza and Hamas will be seen as total barbarism, and the last couple of days of attacks put forth by the terrorists will be as though they never happened.

I don’t know, we say “the response is going to be overwhelming”, “get ready for a long war”, “don’t worry, borders won’t stop the payback” blah, blah, blah, but when it comes down to brass tacks, it will be more described in the past tense as “measured, tepid and restrained”… 

(and I hope I’m wrong, I hope the Jews CLEAN HOUSE)

5 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

For the life of me, on MANY levels, I have never understood why more people don't subscribe to that simple, yet irrefutable logic... Once you're sure, don't let them sit there next to you, like a festering cancer or a coiled copperhead... If you know, and you have the ability, ACT. Whatever Israel does in or to Gaza and Hamas will be seen as total barbarism, and the last couple of days of attacks put forth by the terrorists will be as though they never happened.

I feel the same way about the looting, rioting, and arson that takes place in American cities against innocent civilians under the guise of social justice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3