Snow

I measured 9-10" in my yard earlier. I'll remember this snow storm for a long time. I'm used to always being disappointed and for once they underestimated how much snow we got. The forecast the rest of the week looks rough. It will be a test for TVA to see if their grid improvements prevent more rolling blackouts. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

That is an added bonus to the fact I drive junk. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it if no one was injured.

I feel ya there, though i'm not worried about it. she just dented a steel bumper. Besides, i got her insurance etc.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I measured 9-10" in my yard earlier. I'll remember this snow storm for a long time. I'm used to always being disappointed and for once they underestimated how much snow we got. The forecast the rest of the week looks rough. It will be a test for TVA to see if their grid improvements prevent more rolling blackouts. 

It sure is cold!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

That is an added bonus to the fact I drive junk. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it if no one was injured.

yep, wish I had better tires on the old truck. I hate exposing my Buick to the ones who can't drive in this stuff.

Last I looked we might have 3.

Probably gonna fire up the gas logs in the basement when we hit single digits. Turn it up past a couple clicks and you'll start to sweat. Helps keep the heat pump from running all the time and helps warm up the pipes since there is only one output down there. Only good thing previous owner did. 

• Like 1

According to the late news, Bartlett officially got 6". Current temp is 8 degrees. Normal temp for today should be 51. 🙄

Not to get above freezing for the next couple of days. Just to add insult to injury, Thursday's forecast is calling for a wintery mix. Possible freezing rain and ice. Ain't that just dandy. 💩

• Sad 1

We got 3-5" overall here, it rained a little bit late yesterday, and then turned to snow again after we went to bed.  It's 21* now, and I can walk on water (frozen, but hey) but it gives way under my fat butt.  It took the dog forever to find the right snowflake to drop her load on this morning, and was having some trouble in getting traction on the frozen surface.  LOL  

I don't need to get out, and won't for a couple days, going to fix a pot roast with taters, carrots and onion in the crock pot soon.  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jpx2rk said:

It took the dog forever to find the right snowflake

My dog normally stays outdoors, but I put a crate in the heated garage for her the last couple of nights. I let her out this morning, she went to the door, took a look, and went back to her crate. I KNOW she's gonna have to go pretty soon, but I'll wait until daylight to give her another chance.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Too many all electric homes. 

14 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

In beautiful scenic Loudon County 27 degrees 6 inches of snow and still falling. May not leave house till spring lol    wish I had put a couple bags of grass seed down before snow ❄️ 

IMG_0129.jpeg 

Great photo

• Like 1

We've got a couple inches of snow with a nice crust of ice covering everything.

Our dog gets the zoomies when it snows.  He runs and runs and runs.... He'll pause long enough to eat a few mouthfuls of snow and then run some more. 

I saw a couple brave souls drive by this morning, just creeping along. I suspect the tow truck and body shop owners will have a nice summer vacation this year. 

• Like 2

6" in Hebbertsburg this morning, and very cold. The snow is frozen. I won't be going anywhere for the next couple of days.

My dog wants nothing to do with it. And neither do I, for that matter.

• Like 2

Going to be doing Chili today. Will be staying in also. My shih-tzu gal took 3 steps on the walkway this morning, did her Tee Tee, and turned and backpaddled to the door. The snow is deeper than her legs are long. She don't like it nor the cold. You guys be safe today. I was 9 here in Lascassas TN this morning. Great day for chili.  

11 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

According to the late news, Bartlett officially got 6". Current temp is 8 degrees. Normal temp for today should be 51. 🙄

Not to get above freezing for the next couple of days. Just to add insult to injury, Thursday's forecast is calling for a wintery mix. Possible freezing rain and ice. Ain't that just dandy. 💩

Yeah Friday morning may be a lot worse than what we have now.  

• Like 1