Which handgun platform do you like and why? (1911 not included)

H&K USP platform

i have always been a fan of the mag release on these pistols. i have a broken bone in my thumb which unless i shoot a single stack handgun, makes it hard for me to reach the mag release. with the H&K i can train my index finger to drop the mag and it allows me to utilize the double stack platform without adjusting my grip every time i engage the mag release. i also prefer the way the slide is cut, flat top with the sides having a prominent angled drop. The reliability is also a deciding factor with the history H&K has built for itself. the only downfall is the proprietary accessory rail and the price of magazines or any part for that matter.

i started lets hear from someone else

• Like 2

I like HK's... The first "coke bottle" (...polymer...) pistol i ever shot was a HK USP 45... I like 'em; i just think they are too expensive for a polymer construction firearm... They are extremely accurate and dependable, and they started my "pistola" oddesy toward the glock... I would love to find a "lovingly cared for and little used" HK USP at a sensible price...

leroy

• Like 1

I have always likened to the Sig P series, my P220 and my P228, just fit!  My P6 is the best feeling gun I have ever held.  I shoot Glocks, but I am much more accurate with my Sigs. 

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1
Smith & Wesson M&P.

They cover the whole range AR’s (.22, .223, .308), full size duty weapons, compacts, sub compacts, options the way you like them, best customer support in the business… what’s not to like?

Would I give up my J,K or L frame revolvers or my SW1911? Nope, glad I don’t have to pick just one platform or gun.
  • Like 2

A Smith & Wesson (or Ruger, for that matter) revolver.  Snubbie, 3 inch, 4 inch, doesn't matter.  My reason:  comfort level, reliability, and just sheer beauty.  

mhl spoke a great truth here; along with greg's comment on the 1911 "platform"...

There are some of us "geezers" who remember when the double action revolver and the 1911 wuz king... Like mhl;  im a great fan of the double action smiths in any flavor (...N, K, or J...)... I grew up shootin them and they are my revolver favorites... The fact is that a double action revolver is utterly reliable and if a finished gun man who is handlin it can shoot double action; it's as deadly as a drug store til the first reload (...which ya usually dont need...)... The same is true of the 1911...

The fact is that i like all the legacy gun "platforms" because they all work and work very well...That's how they became so popular...  I've got a 25 year old who is deadly with a 4 inch 629... He wuz taught to shoot double action by his geezer dad (...who can't shoot nearly as good as he can...)... Never feel bad about being "outgunned" by carryin a good double action revolver... If ya know how to shoot; ya ain't... The newer stuff may tote more rounds in the magazine; but that's about all...

All that bein said; we've got a pile of "modern" glocks; and that's what we carry...

The smiths and the colts are locked away in the gun safe... Too valuable to carry...

The polymer stuff is like a hammer or a handsaw; it's simply a tool... The revolver and the 1911 is a work of art... Meant to be appreciated, praised, and shown to friends... The polymer stuff is meant to be shown to your adversaries...

leroy

• Like 5

If I know trouble is coming, 1911 all day long.  EDC, Colt Agent snubbie, but I would be just as comfortable with a Ruger LCR or a S&W, 442/642.  I give the little Colt the edge for holding one more round.

• Like 1

#1 Revolver for simplicity;

#2 A Tie for Semi-Autos

Glock for simplicity even though I despise the grip angle and they're ugly; and 

A steel CZ 75 series pistol with a decocking lever because I like it. I have medium-small hands and can work all of the controls with my dominant hand with no difficulty. I can't say the same with other full-size pistols. Also, I prefer the decocker over the manual safety (personal preference). The pistol has a low bore axis and a good grip angle.    

• Like 1

K-Frame S&W.

Yep. Definitely a Good K-frame in the top 2. But...for all round comfort to hold and shoot, it's gotta be a....

Wait for it....

A Hipower. The classic Browning.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 5

M&P because of the ergonomics and they just fit. Glock and 1911 are tied for 2nd. For me the M&P AND Glock are in my EDC category and 1911 is in more of a craftsmanship and target category. Revolvers also fall in the craftsmanship and target categories for me as well.

Talk about discrimination, 1911's? Since we took my compact .45 out of the equation

1 is the G23, perfect size and round count.

2 is the ruger LCP for its sheer size and purpose.

3 is the XD tactical, way better grip fit than the G21 and so far it has been flawless. For it's size it is surprisingly concealable.

I do love me some S&W wheels but with the # of thugs in some areas I prefer higher round counts.

I prefer the     over everything else. Lots of great choices out there, but for me the      is the one I can run faster and more accurate.

(I didn't include it per the OP's instructions  ;)) Sorry couldn't resist.  :biglol:

• Like 9