This is the last bullet you’ll ever need — watch and see !

Yall seen the price

9mm Hollow Point Ammo - G2RIP9

Price / Box: $43.80

Sorry, but the price is way to high, my lead boolits will work just fine and I wont run out of them.

If I do get low I will just steal the WW off you car.LOL

Yes to all previous comments. I didn't find it quickly, but these have been talked about before, and some independent videos have show the ballistic gel tests that compare the R.I.P. rounds to conventional 9mm hp in various configurations.

Also showed tests agains 22mag rounds. The results seemed to show that the difference between all tested rounds was neglible, with wound channels and cavaties being almost the same.

With cost factored in, the results weren't to favorable. Of course, any good person with a camera, testing gel, and a little time can make the needed results show for their own best interests.

Another point brought up was the name; and the old question/comment...about a court case and an attorney asking "Why did you choose such a round with a name like R.I.P.?  Wasn't a regular bullet good enough to shoot?" Or some such thing. 

Short version...seemed to be that it's another boutique round with a high price and not much added value.

I've gotten a link to their site or a video from at least a half dozen people in the past year or less. I'm not as impressed based on some test results I've read:

-projectile weight is only 92 gr, too light for 9mm, IMO
-actual penetration in calibrated gelating 12.75" (25% less than advertised)
-actual fragment spread 3.5"-4.5" (20% less than advertised)
-retained core weight is only 48 grains (think heavy 22LR bullet)
-retained core diameter is only .36"
-wouldn't cycle reliably in a Glock 19

That last one is the ultimate deal breaker. If ammo won't cycle reliably in what many consider to be the benchmark gun for all 9mms, it's a no-go for sure. I won't deny that the superficial wound cavity the "trocars" create at over 1300 fps would be quite messy and painful. Personally, I put more stock in core weight retention and final mushroom diameter. Seems like another solution looking for a problem.

They only way they will do any good is if marketing can trump physics and ballistics.
It’s just another frangible round. But it might help the economy if they are making them here. biggrin.gif
http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/75241-destructive-9mm-ammunition/

Yes they are making and selling 9mm and 380 auto at there web site. I myself have ordered them and will use them for self defence.....it gives the .380 a whole new life....

Edited by Ron_TN

I had seen those in another video. I was not impressed in the first one and not in this one either. Just a high dollar trap to impress gun owners with just enough knowledge to be dangerous to themselves and others................jmho

Yall seen the price

9mm Hollow Point Ammo - G2RIP9

Price / Box: $43.80

Sorry, but the price is way to high, my lead boolits will work just fine and I wont run out of them.

If I do get low I will just steal the WW off you car.LOL

Red.....at $2.00 a bang I think my life is worth it.....and they WILL do the job.....jmo

I see whole lotta fancy imagery and marketing.

I see practically no data.

Pass.

G2 Research RIP 9MM 96 Grain Hollow Point Ammo - 20 Rounds per Box

G2 Research R.I.P. 9mm
* 16" Penetration
* Up to 6" diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2" grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

SPECIFICATIONS:

Manufacturer:
G2 Research
Item #:  G2RIP9
Category:
AMMO CENTERFIRE
Caliber:
9MM
Bullet Type:  Hollow Point
Bullet Weight:
96 Gr
Muzzle Energy:
490 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity:
1265 fps
Rounds per Box:
20 Rounds per Box

Imho it seems this round is just overhyped. I will stick to my gold dot until I see some actual real world performance. There is no way of telling if the ballistics gel is actually to spec and it just looks like it will have feeding issues in many platforms.

And not trying to thread jack but these rounds look a little more promising. Agian just mho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrEmQNe-TrA