M855/SS109 5.56 Ban!!! AKA Green Tip

Looks to me like they are tabling it in hope that the outcry will die down then they can start back up on it.

Better later than now. Just have to be vigilant and continue to fight. Obama has too many years left and Lord knows who we'll have after that.
  • Like 4

And of course, the price for said ammo will immediately drop back to pre-panic levels.

Right.

Didn't really have a need for it before. Don't need it know.  :pleased:  It does suck though for those that want it. It was actually the first ammo I bought for my AR but only because it was 62 grain.

Don't worry, the lefties in government are masters of finding new ways to get their agenda done. It will come back up in some future gun control bill as an amendment with some new name. :up:

They never will stop trying to restrict and ultimately revoke our second amendment rights unfortunately.

Enjoy the break while it lasts.
It doesn't say the ban won't happen. They are still collecting comments to consider for any possible "framework". By no means am I saying it will happen, only keep your head on a swivel and don't get too comfortable...

Yes, there was a considerable amount of opposition to all this. From the public like us, police, ex-military even our politicians seemed to listen to their  voters this time.

I have no doubt it will be back though. And although I have what I think is enough M855 for my own shooting purposes, I may try for a few more cases.

That is, I will at pre-BATFE Proposal pricing. Not at some of the current prices though. I've seen some sellers at near 800/1000. Just crazy.

And I've been biting my tongue on this, I have to say it now.

One of my favorite, and first that I ever bought online from; jumped on the price raising bandwagon almost immediately during this.

That would be ammoman.com. I've used them for several years, but after the Sandy Hook shootings, they, like several others we all know; started really pricing all ammo so high that it was about second only to...??? Crap...I can't remember the name. I am getting old.

Anyway, I had to get that off my mind. It's been festering there for quite some time.

Sorry for the short rant.

Didn't really have a need for it before. Don't need it know.  :pleased:  It does suck though for those that want it. It was actually the first ammo I bought for my AR but only because it was 62 grain.

I have a few hundred, I just used them to plink with and convert the cases to 300Blk.  They are not particularly good rounds for anything else since you can't use them to hunt with.  I would of traded them off one for one for 300Blk rounds if the panic would of gotten any worse.  As it is they are now back to plinking ammo :up:

It doesn't say the ban won't happen. They are still collecting comments to consider for any possible "framework". By no means am I saying it will happen, only keep your head on a swivel and don't get too comfortable...

I think this is the case. I emailed, phoned a little, and got involved with everything that was sending letters and emails to our representatives in D.C. that I could find.

The response must have worn out a few fax machines in state and national offices. I know I sent them emails every day from home and thru the sites on GB/AllOutdoors, and others.

Guys, I don't intend to stop and I hope you won't either.

The quieter we are on these issues, the more they will occur. And maybe not as blatantly obvious as this one has been.

• Like 4

Yes, there was a considerable amount of opposition to all this. From the public like us, police, ex-military even our politicians seemed to listen to their  voters this time.

I have no doubt it will be back though. And although I have what I think is enough M855 for my own shooting purposes, I may try for a few more cases.

That is, I will at pre-BATFE Proposal pricing. Not at some of the current prices though. I've seen some sellers at near 800/1000. Just crazy.

And I've been biting my tongue on this, I have to say it now.

One of my favorite, and first that I ever bought online from; jumped on the price raising bandwagon almost immediately during this.

That would be ammoman.com. I've used them for several years, but after the Sandy Hook shootings, they, like several others we all know; started really pricing all ammo so high that it was about second only to...??? Crap...I can't remember the name. I am getting old.

Anyway, I had to get that off my mind. It's been festering there for quite some time.

Sorry for the short rant.

Probably thinking of Cheaper than Dirt, another gouger that raised their M855 price as well.

Yeah. I don't think we have in any way seen the last of this either, as well as further shenanigans from the BATFE and .gov in general.

This even made Drudge headlines earlier today:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/52-senators-warn-of-sweeping-ammo-bans-say-2nd-amendment-at-risk/article/2561295

I believe this quote from the above link is attributed to the NRA;

"ATF's proposed restriction of the M855 cartridge is particularly serious in light of efforts to ban other forms of ammunition. The standards in the 'Framework' would make use of ammunition containing materials other than lead more difficult. At the same time, various efforts to ban lead ammunition are proceeding apace. Second Amendment rights require not only access to firearms but to bullets. If law-abiding gun owners cannot obtain rifle ammunition, or face substantial difficulty in finding ammunition available and at reasonable prices because government entities are banning such ammunition, then the Second Amendment is at risk. An outright ban is an even more serious threat to the Second Amendment than the threat to the First Amendment's protection of free press created by a TAX imposed only on voluminous purchases of paper and ink," they said."

It's the extrapolation into other ammo, ie Tula and Wolf that really concern me.

I saw some clown on GB wanting $998 for 1,000 rds. I hope it goes bad before anyone pays that price. We need to get some legislation passed that protects the ammo as well as keeping the 2nd ammendment rights. I know we as rational people figure that ammo goes with the 2nd, but I think having it in writing may help, except to those that don't abide by the constitution, like the I got a pen and phone POS, sorry I meant potus.

Probably thinking of Cheaper than Dirt, another gouger that raised their M855 price as well.

CTD can KMA.  They have to gouge on ammo to make up for that $1,000,000 donation that had to make a couple of years ago for jacking everyone around lol.

Yes, guys, Thanks. I just could not remember Cheaper Than Dirt. Getting old and forgetful these days.