M855/SS109 5.56 Ban!!! AKA Green Tip

I just heard on the radio that the ATF was scrapping the planned ban. Not sure what their source was.

From the horse(ass)'s mouth:

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2015-03-021015-advisory-notice-those-commenting-armor-piercing-ammunition-exemption-framework.html

7cOvIdj.png

Of course, this still doesn't mean they won't slam the door shut at some point, but seems to put it more into a time frame limbo at the least.

- OS

It's also worth considering that people in general have a hard enough time saying they made a mistake.  Now imagine the ego, ignorance, and legal reasons in such a trait getting applied to a federal agency.  For them to admit a mistake isn't anything they are interested in doing anytime soon.  They will just pretend it never happened, until they want to do it again.

This is good news; but i cant help but wonder why they tried this to begin with... The Supremes have ruled that banning ammunition is tantamount to banning guns which is an infringement on the Second Amendment, pure and simple... It may have been red meet for the anti-gunners... It gives the great obama cover... He can say " i tried, similarly to the AR15 thing..."...  

My guess is what really turned this one off was the letter from the great majority of the House of Representatives plus 52 Senators... The BATF wuz afraid that they would turn the money off for enforcing this stuff...

leroy

Using the argument of more kids and cops will be killed by AR-pistol toting thugs was simply ridiculous.

Is it probable an AR-pistol will be used in a criminal act or murder? Yes, just like every other firearm re - purposed by criminals for illegal activities.

I hope the ATF retreat will last the next two years, then mabye we can get someone more firearm friendly in the White Houes. I have no illusions about the next prez being the answer to our economic and social prayers, but one can hope.

I don't think it will last that long, especially with who they are trying to nominate as AG.  These next 2 years are going to be nothing short of a hard road.

I WAS WRONG
In my earlier statement I said I didn't believe that there was anything we could do to change what the government did. Without saying a word you 'all have proven me wrong. You have proven that we still have a say in what happens in government.
Thank you
Ray

Give it up guys. The ATF is the puppet of the government. They do what they're told. If you recall the Clinton years, ATF did what they were told. We have a new world order that Uncle Sam is shoving down our throats, and we can't do a thing about it. The UN has disarmed the rest of the civilians of the rest of the world, and we're next. Little by little we'll be throwing rocks like the rest of the civilians of the rest of the world.
How do I know this? It's second and third hand information. But I believe it. Will we ever have first hand information about this? I doubt it.

• You have the right to keep and bare arms. That doesn't mean you can have ammunition. That doesn't mean you can afford to buy that arm or ammo. Not only do you pay state tax on guns and all other firearm related items, but you an excise tax to the state, ATF, and the state department. Is that tax regulated? Not that I know of. So today you .10 to the state, X% to ATF, and X% to the state department. What will it be tomorrow? Fewer people are able to buy a gun today and $ 8 box of ammo is now $15-$20. Are these price hikes just inflation?
  • When was the last time you got to buy some of that great pull down powder for reloading? Who made up the rule that those that bought surplus couldn't use the ammo for it's intended purpose of break it down for components? I, personally, miss that $ 6/# powder that I had so much fun shooting. What?? the terrorists make bombs out of the stuff. I'm not a terrorist. How come I've got to pay the bill?  Or those surplus bullets that did so well plinking with. "SSDD"
  • I don't know about you but I really miss those $65  AK's and SKS rifles. I remember walking out of the gun show with one or the other that were in unfired condition and a $99 case of ammo and headed for the rifle range. The empty cases were 6" deep in front of the firing line, and a lot of guys got to go home with a grin on their faces. Guys that today can't afford that same rifle.
  • Who decided that we couldn't import a certain rifle unless it had X% of the parts that were American made? ATF, or was it the UN?
OK, I got a lot off my chest. I did this before but erased it. My paranoia got the best of me. Am I really paranoid? Yep! But I take this little pill every morning and the list of those that are out to get me gets smaller and smaller. The other week was an exceptional one. I became monanoid. There was only one person that was out to get me. But everyone else knew who it was and nobody would tell me who it was.

Keeping that in mind, which of you are just jumping to discredit me? Or the statements that I just made, and why?