Church shooting in Charlston S.C.

I understand that this was an old church of historical significance that has quite a few visitors. So having a white man in the congregation could have been a common thing if that's true.

I realize it was a historical church but this was one punk kid that should have stuck out like a Sore Thumb.........jmho

That really sucks. I have always been paranoid that some some home grown ISIS wanna be will start targeting Christians during services.
I carry at church and I know there is a security ministry of folks , door greeters, who do as well.

Only a coward will attack when folks are the most vulnerable.

I understand that this was an old church of historical significance that has quite a few visitors. So having a white man in the congregation could have been a common thing if that's true.

Correct. Very open and accepting congregation with a very open minded pastor as well. IOW a cohesive group of Christians who would welcome a stranger in to worship or observe. I just wish someone their besides their murderer had been armed and put paid to this violent criminal.  

BTW if none here have ever done so please make and effort to visit one of your communities African-American Churches. The little old ladies in white dresses are a true treasure and the sermons are spirited to say the least. Good times...

Edited by TNWNGR
  • Like 3

So guns hate black people?

No. But guns have a propensity for being utilized in crimes of violence involving black people with gun related violence against blacks only the merest fraction in comparison to black on black violence.  

I don't like the term hate crime either but that's what this is.  I'm ALL FOR frying this kid.  He should be tried by a jury of his peers.  If found guilty, I hope the little bastard rides the lightning.  He sure earned it.  

BUT of course, it was the gun's fault.  I mean, if he hadn't had a gun, these people would still be alive because no one ever murdered people in numbers before guns.  No one ever locked doors to buildings and set them on fire.  No one ever used a knife, sword or bludgeoning weapon throughout history.  IT's just not possible to kill lots of people without using a gun.  I mean before guns it was so peaceful...not like anyone ever did anything crazy like slay a thousand philistines with the jaw bone of an ass, waged a Crusade or Inquisition.  

Leave it to the Libtards to try to make mass murder more illegal than it already is.

9 counts of 1st. degree murder isn't good enough for them, 9 dates with the needle isn't good enough for them. It's just an excuse to get the feds involved, Obama does want a federally controlled police force and legal system in every state, I am convinced of that.

9 counts of 1st. degree murder isn't good enough for them, 9 dates with the needle isn't good enough for them. It's just an excuse to get the feds involved, Obama does want a federally controlled police force and legal system in every state, I am convinced of that.

I'm starting to believe that Obama wants a war. I have believed for some time that he's really bad at math.

• Like 2

For that idiot in Washington to stand up there and say this kind of violence doesn't occur in other advanced countries is ludicrous. Bombings in Tel Aviv happen all the time. Our embassy was attacked in Benghazi, a city with over a million residents, but albeit maybe not an "advanced country". Subway bombings have happened in Spain and England. 85 were killed at a church camp in Norway. The list goes on and on.

Obama is an idiot. Violence happens. It always has and it always will.

• Like 2

This is what a liberal country brings...hate with no worry of any real recourse other then the poor little boy had a hard life and didn't know what he was doing. Bulls..t

I'm willing to bet that when this killers background is presented to the public, there will be nothing liberal about him or his family.
  • Like 2

My heart goes out to the families of the innocent victims.

Hate crime? Just when IS murdering nine people NOT a hate crime?

Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done until these types do something or a family member gets involved; cops can’t do anything. There were a lot of people on here up in arms when the FBI went to the house of the guy that started asking people to come by and pick him up so they could go out killing people. He was a nut case and should have been charged criminally with any plea bargains requiring commitment in a mental health facility.

Many seem to forget that victims and potential victims have rights. In this case the victims’ rights were violated with extreme prejudice.

Edited by DaveTN

For that idiot in Washington to stand up there and say this kind of violence doesn't occur in other advanced countries is ludicrous. Bombings in Tel Aviv happen all the time. Our embassy was attacked in Benghazi, a city with over a million residents, but albeit maybe not an "advanced country". Subway bombings have happened in Spain and England. 85 were killed at a church camp in Norway. The list goes on and on.

Obama is an idiot. Violence happens. It always has and it always will.

To be fair, violence with guns, while it does happen in other countries with very strict gun laws, it does not happen as often as it does here.

You can't compare the US to Isreal or Iraq and their historical and religious regional conflicts. Compare it to say Germany. Yes hate crimes happen everywhere, but we can't just blatantly ignore the reality here that guns are involved more frequently.

I don't like the reality, but I am willing to accept the reality as I don't believe it is a gun issue, but a social issue. I just think it comes across as illogical when someone says this happens everywhere where gun laws are stricter. It doesn't.
  • Like 2

To be fair, violence with guns, while it does happen in other countries with very strict gun laws, it does not happen as often as it does here.

You can't compare the US to Isreal or Iraq and their historical and religious regional conflicts. Compare it to say Germany. Yes hate crimes happen everywhere, but we can't just blatantly ignore the reality here that guns are involved more frequently.

I don't like the reality, but I am willing to accept the reality as I don't believe it is a gun issue, but a social issue. I just think it comes across as illogical when someone says this happens everywhere where gun laws are stricter. It doesn't.

The problem is that it is too easy to blame the guns, the television, the music, the videogames, the religion, the lack of religion the lack of parenting, the potholes, the solar flares, etc than to look at the root problems and do something about it. And this exists on all sides of the argument. I don't know if there is an answer, or a solution. But I know that pointing fingers isn't it. And that is all we do anymore.

Banning guns is like treating the symptoms, not curing the disease.

Correct. Very open and accepting congregation with a very open minded pastor as well. IOW a cohesive group of Christians who would welcome a stranger in to worship or observe. I just wish someone their besides their murderer had been armed and put paid to this violent criminal.  

BTW if none here have ever done so please make and effort to visit one of your communities African-American Churches. The little old ladies in white dresses are a true treasure and the sermons are spirited to say the least. Good times...

For a while, I worked with a contemporary Christian band that played in any church that would have them. After many years in and around various southern churches, I feel comfortable saying nobody does church like black ladies in the south. Even in my 'home' church at the time, I didn't feel as at home as I did in some of the black churches we played. In my experience, those ladies were almost always just genuinely happy to have you in church and wanted you to feel at home. 

I'd recommend everyone, even if you have a great 'home' church you're happy with go visit an African American church once or twice. It's a pretty awesome experience, and if nothing else an opportunity to fellowship with some brothers and sisters in Christ in a way that you might not otherwise get to experience. 

• Like 9

I'm willing to bet that when this killers background is presented to the public, there will be nothing liberal about him or his family.

No bet I'm in total agreement with you.

The problem is if people don't blame the guns then they have to face the reality that evil exists in this world. Thats a very difficult thing for some people to handle

Sadly people don't want to be bothered with having to cope with truest of evil. If they can ignore it they will. If they have to call 911 they will and then watch from a distance. Otherwise they just want some faceless government to handle it even if at cost of personal freedoms.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

This. As has already been mentioned, I think, the media FINALLY has their racist mass murderer. The rhetoric has already been wound up to 11. Not helpful on any front that I can see.

Looks like the kid who shot the school up in Sandy Hook a couple of years back. What the hell is wrong with these kids?

Tell ya what....if my boy comes home with a haircut like that, I'm taking his guns away. :shrug:

They spend TOO much time alone in the bathroom.....