Sometimes there just are no words!!!!

bersaguy

Sometimes there are just no words you can say when it comes to real friends and I am blessed with some great ones. About three weeks ago my old worn out recliner took a dump and back broke on it. I called a buddy of mine with a pickup truck and asked if he could haul it off for me and he said yea about about 3 hours later he shows up with this which is a brand new Lazy Boy recliner. Puts it together and hauls the old one off and won't let me pay him a dime. 

Picture%20117_zps85hdxs3p.jpg

Then Yesterday morning I discovered that my chest freezer had quit working and thankful everything was still froze. I called another friend that i knew had some space in his freezer and asked him if I could bring all my frozen stuff to his place till I could figure out what I could do about getting the old one fixed. He said give him about an hour and he would see about coming and getting all the stuff. About an hour later him and the guy that gave me the recliner showed up with this. Brand New one.

Picture%20114_zpsqxhcawfp.jpg

Picture%20113_zpsapvxwu3c.jpg

I had to wait about 2 hours to transfer all my stuff over into it but didn't lose anything. Again I asked them to let me pay them and both of them just smiled and said thats what friends are for and climbed in the truck and left!

Need I say anymore????

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 16

This is two different friends that I have been friends with for many years. One of them goes back about 25 years. The other one believe it or not we met in Vietnam in 1971. He was a door gunner on a Huey gun ship that extracted my team out of the jungle 3 different times and we became friends back then and ran back into each other about 15 years ago and learned we only live 5 miles from each other. All of us are very close and several times a week we have coffee at my house in the morning................... :up: :up: :up:

• Like 8

Sounds like you have some good friends.

That's the funny thing about friends, it goes both ways so you must be a pretty good friend to them as well. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have always tried to be a good friend every chance I get. Good friends like these couple guys plus several more I can name off have been close for longer than I can remember and yea, There has been times I got these kind of calls and I was there for them but most of those were not of this magnitude but more or less just favors like borrowing my Boat cause theirs is in the shop or getting me to make them some baits they like to use. I guess it is not the size or the amount that we all put on our friendship but just being there is what makes it so tight.........jmho 

• Like 2

I have no doubt that it is you that is the friend Bresa and these guys are just showing their appreciation for that.

Life kind look grim some days, but things like this show us all how wonderful life truly is. You're a good man Sir, and are definitely Blessed.

Glad you guys have each other my friend.

Edited by prag
  • Like 3

You got some good friends there. It's nice when you can count on someone. Kasey might be jealous when she sees your new recli

If you could see her bed you would know she will never get jealous. Her bed in the house is a twin size memory foam mattress with a big blue quilt on top of it along with all her toys that were her favorites when she was a puppy. The buddy that gave me the Chair was the one that gave her the mattress for her bed. They spoil her rotten and then blame it on me............. :up: :up:

• Like 1

Nice to read such stories Bersa. What is the saying that a man that has 2 true friends is rich indeed. Even a half way good friend is hard to find. I am glad you have true friends like this that think enough to lend you a helping hand!! Glad you and your Vietnam buddy got reunited. Thank you both for your service. Oorah!!

• Like 1

Like said above . It says alot about yourself Bersa .
Happy for ya .

Umm Grinchy Poo, that's awfully nice of you. But I agree. Bersa, I don't know you, but from what I do know, you make me think of my Uncle Den, and he's a great guy who has friends like you do. You're a lucky man, but you're probably also a good man to have the friends you do!
  • Like 1
Kindness & generosity repays kindness & generosity.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but a couple of years ago I offered to process a friend's deer, as thanks for letting me hunt his property. I processed a lot more than I hunted, because to me, the opportunity was worth it. His thinking was the exact opposite. The permission cost him nothing but the processing saved him a fortune. Christmas last year, he presented me with a stainless butcher's table & a brand new chest freezer as thanks. As far as I'm concerned he has free deer processing for life.

You get back what you give in this life.
  • Like 4

Sometimes there are just no words you can say when it comes to real friends and I am blessed with some great ones. About three weeks ago my old worn out recliner took a dump and back broke on it. I called a buddy of mine with a pickup truck and asked if he could haul it off for me and he said yea about about 3 hours later he shows up with this which is a brand new Lazy Boy recliner. Puts it together and hauls the old one off and won't let me pay him a dime. 

Picture%20117_zps85hdxs3p.jpg

Then Yesterday morning I discovered that my chest freezer had quit working and thankful everything was still froze. I called another friend that i knew had some space in his freezer and asked him if I could bring all my frozen stuff to his place till I could figure out what I could do about getting the old one fixed. He said give him about an hour and he would see about coming and getting all the stuff. About an hour later him and the guy that gave me the recliner showed up with this. Brand New one.

Picture%20114_zpsqxhcawfp.jpg

Picture%20113_zpsapvxwu3c.jpg

I had to wait about 2 hours to transfer all my stuff over into it but didn't lose anything. Again I asked them to let me pay them and both of them just smiled and said thats what friends are for and climbed in the truck and left!

Need I say anymore????

I suspect something is up here. If I had to guess it's that you're not such a bad guy yourself and have helped others out and they felt it was time you got your share of good mojo. I don't know you outside of the forum, so I could just be talking out my fourth point of contact, but folks don't go out of their way like that for shitbags.

If I'm wrong, I guess you got some payin' it forward to do. ;)

Kindness & generosity repays kindness & generosity.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but a couple of years ago I offered to process a friend's deer, as thanks for letting me hunt his property. I processed a lot more than I hunted, because to me, the opportunity was worth it. His thinking was the exact opposite. The permission cost him nothing but the processing saved him a fortune. Christmas last year, he presented me with a stainless butcher's table & a brand new chest freezer as thanks. As far as I'm concerned he has free deer processing for life.

You get back what you give in this life.

Preach it, brother.

I've always believed "what goes around, comes around", and sometimes in a good way. I too have a old friend from "Nam" I will always have his back and I know he will always have mine. Your lucky your friend is so close. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Welcome Home Brother.

• Like 1

I do feel blessed to have the friends I have and I was very surprised to run into my buddy from Nam for sure. His gunship pull my team out of 2 different very hot zones that we may not have other wise made it out of. He was based in Chu Lai and that was our original base but we were all over most of the country doing recon missions and other operations.

We met up again about 15 years ago or so at a fishing tournament here in Gallatin and we both kept looking at each other and both knew that we knew each other from some place and both were trying to figure it out and it was funny because neither one of us wanted to ask the other and finally he broke the ice and asked me where he knew me from and I said I am not sure but we had met in the past. As we talked and I listened to his voice I ask him if he was in Nam and he began laughing and said yea and that is where we met. As time went on it was the first time either one of us felt comfortable talking about those times. Now we don't talk about them but what we are doing these days are more important to us.............. :up:

• Like 2