Sever weather tomorrow.

K191145

• Authorized Vendor

We had a tornado on the ground here in Summertown. I head a couple houses destroyed and some folks injured. My house has no damage that I can tell but damn oh man did it pour here. Lightning bolts all over the place.....sirens from police and fire all over the place.

Tornado sirens going off midtown Nashville

Yes, we heard them from the church on Gallatin Road and from across the river at Opryland. Kept going on and off for about an hour and a half.

Thankfully no damage we've seen yet around here, but we are in a small valley between nearby roads, and we usually get protected from the winds.

Hello from the basement! We're here for at least the next 45 minutes, the sirens from town somehow made it this far out. Happy December, at this point I'd really prefer 3" of snow and 10 degree weather.

Hunker down, the both of you. It should be past you by the time you see this, but about 45 minutes ago it seemed headed your way. I haven't heard from my family in the Cookeville area tonight, but will check with them tomorrow morning if no calls.

Hunker down, the both of you. It should be past you by the time you see this, but about 45 minutes ago it seemed headed your way. I haven't heard from my family in the Cookeville area tonight, but will check with them tomorrow morning if no calls.

All is well here, tons of rain and very heavy winds. I'll have to wait until morning for damage inspections. I talked to my MIL who lives in Cookeville, she said it was very heavy rain but nothing major so that's good. Hope everyone is OK!
We didn't get it as bad as expected here in the east. Getting some thunder and a lot of lightning now. My redbone coonhound actually woke me up crying outside my bedroom door. He's scared, lol. I opened the door, and he jumped in the bed CRYING like a hound dog :( I guess he's sleeping with us tonight. Cries if we don't console him. The kids are fine but not the dog. He's our hound chicken :rofl:

Here in Monroe county, my NOAA radio went off twice once @ 11:30pm for tornado watch, and the other at 3am for a severe thunder storm warning.  We heard the wind very loudly, and the power went off for about 5 minutes, that's about it.  Waiting on the light of day to see if any trees are down.  Feel for the families that lost loved ones in the South.  Very sad for Christmas. 

• Like 2

All is well here, tons of rain and very heavy winds. I'll have to wait until morning for damage inspections. I talked to my MIL who lives in Cookeville, she said it was very heavy rain but nothing major so that's good. Hope everyone is OK!

Thanks for the comments. Glad you guys are ok. Hope any damage is minimal for you.

Christmas plans just got cancelled. Tornado went through the area where my wife's grandparents have a cabin, power is out and a lot of damage in the area. They don't live there, just a weekend spot that was left to them by a family member so everyone is OK. Will be doing Christmas with all the family at my place I guess.

The two people missing in Perry County live next to the mentioned cabin.

Lutts is 20 miles south of Moccasin which is where we are at.  We're just south of Perry County though where those folks are missing. 

And the old joke in our family is it's always raining in Wayne Co.  It just seems to be the path for all weather coming to TN.  Literally, you can look at radar in the summer and there not be a single cloud in TN except for the one spot T-storm in Wayne Co.

I blame it on Lumber Jack, all the clear cutting they've done down there.

Kasey spent the night under my bed. Back when she was a puppy and even up to about 4 years old she loved staying out in her dog house during some really serious storms even when I would try and get her to come in. Now it can thunder 25 miles from here and sun shining here and she is scratching at the door wanting in. That tells me a rain storm is in the area. All the time she is in she it almost tied to my leg when I move around the house. We got a little wind and some rain was about all last night but I did lay in bed and watch for the all clear. Hope ya'll that have property in the damage areas come out unscathed as possible................ :up: