school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

3 hours ago, Darrell said:

I won't.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Me neither.

Somehow I missed how to put sarcasm into my posts. I As well as everyone else know that we will never get rid of all the firearms in the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, BigK said:

I think you nailed how liberals think. They judge all cops by the actions of a few or all conservatives by the ideals they disagree with then demand everyone else be evaluated as individuals. It's intellectual laziness on their part is what it is.

I think we're all guilty of occasionally painting whatever group with a similar brush.  Stereotypes do exist for a reason, but that doesn't mean those who typify a stereotype represent the majority of that group, nor do we have to be beholden to them. Evaluating people individually is the right thing to do, but it takes more time than most people are willing to invest. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been watching the state house fiasco from the start and don't know what should have been done. Like most here I leaned toward they shouldn't have expelled them (some of this is just my opinions and some is public knowledge) but these two clowns don't deserve to hold office.

I can't really keep them separate since they both have the same name but it doesn't look like either one learned anything from this. They have not changed their actions, no apologies for breaking the rules and trying to  cause a riot in the chamber. I hope I'm wrong about this but I doubt it.

Many arrests for one of them and rioting. What kind of people send people like these to elected office? These two are not about the people they represent. I feel like they are all about their selves and it looks like it's working out well for them. We will be seeing their faces for a long time and I'm tired of seeing them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, -boatman- said:

I've been watching the state house fiasco from the start and don't know what should have been done. Like most here I leaned toward they shouldn't have expelled them (some of this is just my opinions and some is public knowledge) but these two clowns don't deserve to hold office.

I can't really keep them separate since they both have the same name but it doesn't look like either one learned anything from this. They have not changed their actions, no apologies for breaking the rules and trying to  cause a riot in the chamber. I hope I'm wrong about this but I doubt it.

Many arrests for one of them and rioting. What kind of people send people like these to elected office? These two are not about the people they represent. I feel like they are all about their selves and it looks like it's working out well for them. We will be seeing their faces for a long time and I'm tired of seeing them. 

IMO they are exactly like the people they represent, look who put them in office in the first place.

• Thanks 7
  • Admin Team
3 hours ago, Links2k said:

These dudes are going through some things. 

On a practical level - I would just love to know who the House GOP caucus has speaking truth to them.

They've been told to pack for a long week next week - because they're going to do everything they can possibly do to end the legislative session and get out of the spotlight.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

On a practical level - I would just love to know who the House GOP caucus has speaking truth to them.

They've been told to pack for a long week next week - because they're going to do everything they can possibly do to end the legislative session and get out of the spotlight.

Maybe a public relations consulting firm?  One hired to help clean up the mess and not just affirm the echo chamber hive mind mentality.

I wonder how much money these people spend on political consults and who they use…generally for confirmation purposes of their collective mentality.  Same goes for “the other side”.

Edited by Garufa
13 hours ago, RED333 said:

I will; gladly give up my firearms when there are "NO FIREARMS LEFT" for any one else!

I'm too old and wore out to be fighting with knives and sticks and rocks and fists, but I get where you were going with that. Everyone else will never be disarmed. Criminals cheat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Folks...

Don't worry about the " reinstatement"... The House makeup is 75 R .... 24D.   The " reinstated ones " have been stripped of committee assignments.  All they can do is debate n vote... 

The " R" s have already won.   These people can do virtually nothing in the state house.  Ya don't need a consultant ta see that... Folks are tending to make them greater than they really are.

leroy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

She was just a mentally ill person with a lot of crazy rambling diary entries.  I think the Police Chief made a mistake using the term “manifesto” because that made the public think it would provide a reason for her actions. However it’s my understanding that this is not really the case. 

• Like 4

So I saw one of the tv channels posted a poll asking about what students think were the biggest issues for them.  Gun violence came in fourth on the list.  And it got me thinking about the political side of the argument.  The antis tend to use it and focus on the first word, Gun.   But I think society needs to focus more on the second half, violence.  

of course, this is something that a lot of have said throughout the years but I’ve never really seen it framed that way.   

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

So I saw one of the tv channels posted a poll asking about what students think were the biggest issues for them.  Gun violence came in fourth on the list.  And it got me thinking about the political side of the argument.  The antis tend to use it and focus on the first word, Gun.   But I think society needs to focus more on the second half, violence.  

of course, this is something that a lot of have said throughout the years but I’ve never really seen it framed that way.   

It is a very biased term with only one goal, the eradication of guns from society.  It also implies that other forms of violence are acceptable or otherwise cannot be controlled.  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread and what I have to say is related to the same subject as this thread. And here goes ........ For the love of God , please don't show up at a school with a gun and say that you are there to help the police find the gunman !   I'm just throwing this out there in case some people are in doubt about what to do. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I didn't want to start a new thread and what I have to say is related to the same subject as this thread. And here goes ........ For the love of God , please don't show up at a school with a gun and say that you are there to help the police find the gunman !   I'm just throwing this out there in case some people are in doubt about what to do. 

Has that happened?

I got an e-mail from TFA the other day. TFA along with one or two others,  have filed court papers for the release of not just the "manifesto", but also all Police reports, body cams and messages connected to this case. For some reason Nashville PD has been reluctant to release any of this info. I wonder what it will reveal? 

6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I wonder what it will reveal? 

My WAG, she was a drug induced nut job, mad as hell about all the anti-trans laws put on the books to protect kids from the adults that think they know better than the kids parents. Why the church, she knew the place and it was unprotected.

• Like 1

It is my opinion that one reason the PD is now reluctant is because they have been asked to release everything. This means everything. If they release the EVERYTHING they release Information about how children were shot, personal information about the children, body cam footage of the children. I know I would not want that information out about a child I lost. 

also, there is I am sure lots of extraneous body cam footage not pertinent to the issues at hand. IMO,  asking for the release of everything is just voyeuristic. The Nashville PD is not “hiding” things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

mad as hell about all the anti-trans laws put on the books to protect kids from the adults that think they know better than the kids parents

Repeating this over and over doesn't make it true. The law was garbage and what this shooter did was pure evil. I don't really care about her motives. It won't change anything. 

Edited by Erik88

I never expected to get the whole story given who the shooter was. I have not be disappointed. I'm so use to a double standard at this point there should be a tiny window in one corner of the screen for the nightly news . That way they can have a translator showing what it means for white males lol.

• Thanks 1