How's the weather where you are?

Raoul

Started with about 3/4" of pelletized snow base at 0445 and is now sleeting....depending on how much sleet vs. snow falls is going to determine what happens to the power grid here in the Montgomery County area. As to the roads...that's going to be nasty... 

• Like 1

Sleet in Bartlett now. Had a mix of ice and snow for a while. I gotta go in at 2pm. I think I'll leave at 1pm as it's 14 miles. 

The good news is the airport should be clear by the time our jets start arriving tonight. The drive home will probably be slow because 

they say the temps will get up to 34. If that happens the sleet already on the ground will melt and refreeze into sheet ice. 

Fun.

• Like 1

Just sleet and ice in Maury County between Columbia and Lewisburg. Gonna get the Jeep out in a little bit and play. I was supposed to drive to Michigan today to deliver a load tomorrow but I called my boss this morning after looking at the road cams for KY and said nope. He agreed so I get a snow day at home! Maybe 2...
570bb00e5a010b0206d80fe8cd9c1550.jpg

Edited by glowdotGlock
  • Like 3

Inglewood reporting in, sirs.

Got up at 5 to check on things. Already a sheet of ice in my yard and drive. Talked to wife about not going in. No go. She needed to be in her office today.

As Admissions Coordinator, she has to be the go-between for Vanderbuilt, patients, insurance people, and the Dialysis management at the clinic she works in.

And as you guys know, weather doesn't really affect the fact that someone has to dialyize; it has to happen on a frequent basis.

Anyway about an inch on our road, 1.5-2 out on Gallatin Rd into downtown area.

Secondary streets I think over 2 inches in places. And enough traffic has been out to rut it and it's refreezing causing "tracks" now.

I dropped her off and came back 65N and Ellington Parkway. Easily 2' of ice and slush on the roads.

I made it, but I drove at 15-25 depending on the road way and the traffic. I'm going to sound like a "chicken little/the sky is falling " to some of you I know; but seriously.

It is dangerous out there on the roads right now. And the guys already out in the high-riding 4-wheelers are trying to drive like it's a sunny spring day. Well, some of them are...I did see a lot of careful driving this morning.

I'll probably have to go back out this afternoon and bring her home, unless we get lucky and someone there is coming in this direction.

I'm not looking forward to it at this time.

• Like 1
Yesterday, the weather man got my kids all fired up for a big snow today. Then, last night, changed the tune to ice and freezing rain. Now, it's looking like it will possibly warm up just enough here north of Chattanooga to rain all day. I enjoy our mild winters as much as anybody, but I was hoping for one big snow this year.

So, Cleveland is still dry ATM Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 2

Corryton has tiny little ice balls falling on it now.  not amounting to much yet.

If I can make it the 1/2 mile to the county jail I suspect going the rest of the 19 miles to work will not be an issue.  They keep the road to the jail treated.

• Like 1

West Nashville.  ice, then sleet, then rain, then ice, then sleet... rinse and repeat.  Our Radio Flyer sled is perrrrrfect for this!   The sleet here is good for driving if you are one of the first few on it.  Once it gets packed down, it will get ugly.

• Like 2

just took a drive up to the little store to get my version of milk and bread, for me is it diet pepsi and cigs, LOL.

It is coming down now.  Freezing rain.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact the the secondary roads appear to be treated and I visibly saw a salt truck go down my road.  I have seen that maybe two times in 14 years.

Ought to be an interesting day.

The driveway

[URL=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0216150933_zps74a71299.jpg.html]0216150933_zps74a71299.jpg[/URL]

my chicken pen, got to get that ice off the wire.

[URL=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0216150934b_zps6850a399.jpg.html]0216150934b_zps6850a399.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1