How's the weather where you are?

Raoul

Well, they shut down BNA all day today too. We just bought some other tickets and going to come into Birmingham and drive up.

Weather was awesome out here, but this turned into a rather expensive trip due to the incidentals.

huh, BNA doesn't seem closed today.

huh, BNA doesn't seem closed today.

Southwest shut down all flights, that's all we normally fly... we were told delta and a couple of others are coming in, but it was limited to certain models of planes.

Because most have shut down for two days now, SWA is majorly backlogged and the other airlines are taking advantage, like the $1000+ one way tickets.

I'd be fine with staying here a few more days, but the wife needs to get back by tomorrow.
Got tractor out and box bladed the sleet off driveway yesterday (while listening to Jimmy Buffet) knowing it would be a solid sheet if I did not. Hit it again this morning and its a little slick. Outdoor wood heater is doing its job keeping inside at 76 degrees but burning through some wood.
Road has 3/4 inch ice but people are still on it. Wife just read where Maury County has closed sections of Hwy 31 and James Campbell.

Wilson County just cancelled school for the rest of the week.

I don't think I'll make it with all these kids.

Amen Brother!!!!!!! when school is out I have My 4yr old my 2,3, and 6 yr old grand daughters and my 4yr old grand son so 5 crazy cooped up kids V/S Me= not good foe me

• Administrator

Murfreesboro is clearing up decently.  The sunlight today helped the roads, and they're a lot better than yesterday.  I'll probably have to go to class tomorrow. 

More snow forecasted for tonight and tomorrow morning, then more on Friday.

Winter 2015 is starting to get fun!

• Like 2

More snow forecasted for tonight and tomorrow morning, then more on Friday.

Winter 2015 is starting to get fun!

Snow in Murfreesboro?  I'll believe it when I see it.  I've yet to see any snow beyond a skin thin layer on top of all the ice.

Edited by btq96r

I don't know what day it is. So sleepy. LOL

Funny you say that, my daughter just said "Dad, what is today's date?". To which I responded "I'm not sure." She got mad for a minute because she thought I was aggravating her, had to explain that I really wasn't sure ha ha. 

Snowing here in the Ingle'hood. Looks like about 1.5 inches so far on top of the iced over yard and drive. Wind is blowing around quite a bit.

I have a surgical follow up appointment at Skyline this morning. Doesn't look as if I'm going to make it.

I'm sure the staff at Skyline Medical Center has worked to get that long uphill drive open, but that's a bad one to try unless it's really, really cleared off.

My wife needed to go into the Donelson branch of her work sometime today, but with Briley Parkway the route, I'm not having happy thoughts about it either.

Guess it's another shut in day.

Good grief from Vegas, Southwest Airlines made it sound like it was snowpocalypse 2015 here.  Flew into Birmingham last night and drove up at light speed without ever hitting a bad spot.

I think they may have just been overbooked and giving us the runaround.

been snowing here all morning,  coming down hard now. I am sure the back roads will be interesting.  Main roads are being treated.  Maybe I will get to use the four wheel drive today.

I am hopeful the store stays open regular hours today.  Already lost about ten hours from the weather.  When I left last night around 7:45 there was virtually no one on Kingston Pk. I am sure I am not the only one taking a hit in the wallet from this crap.

Bring on Spring!